004 – The Truth About The World
454 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had spent a lot of time reading a lot of books and I had learnt quite the number of things. For instance, this world… this world was much more different from what I had imagined.

To explain, I’m going to have to start with what happened a century ago in the year 2030. Before a hundred years ago, humanity had completely forgotten about netherworlders and passed them off as old men telling tales. This filled me with so much joy, as it implied that my task… I had wiped out the netherworlders and the world was at peace, however there was also the thing that I feared.

Once humans had no common enemy distracting them, they would turn on each other. I had seen this countless times in the past. Although sickening, I couldn’t abandon my fellow humans, and so I fought. I even accepted this curse, hoping that humans would change after the Netherworlders were killed. How naïve I was.

They fought, killed and stole from each other. The world was once again in a state of pandemonium. It even got so bad that continents started to fight each other, leading to the First World War. Imagine a war of chevaliers against each other. How chaotic it would be. The lands that would be torn up. The livestock and properties that would be destroyed. The lives that were lost ad the families that were shattered. It pained me to hear that such a thing had happened after all my hard work.

 It didn’t take long for that matter to be resolved though. The world signed a peace treaty, agreeing to not invade the other’s property or start trifle arguments.

That didn’t last long though, because soon, I don’t know whether it was intentional or coincidental, but those who possessed mana soon begun to rule the world. It was the age of Chevaliers. A hierarchy was formed where those who weren’t Chevaliers were oppressed and treated as slaves.

An organization known as the Anti-Chevalier Movement rose up, filled with regular humans who felt like they didn’t like how things were. They were quickly decimated at the hands of Chevaliers though and all those who complained were either killed or imprisoned. It was quite disgusting.

Then it happened. No one knows how or why, but they returned. There was a massive portal that opened up, and hordes of Netherworlders came flooding in. Dragons, Giants, Ogres and others appeared, killing off humans. Usually, they should have been handled, but the Chevaliers weren’t used to actual combat with Netherworlders so this resulted in many deaths on their side. The world was in peril. They were going to lose.

This was the Third World War, although most wouldn’t prefer to term the second one a world war, considering how quickly it was resolved, but I would do it out of respect for the normal humans who tried.

Then help came from somewhere unexpected. Apparently some Elves and a few demons, came from the Netherworld, but decided to help humans fend off against the others.

Obviously, the humans were speculative at first, but what choice did they have? It was do or die. They just chose the option with the seemingly best chance of success and to be honest, I’m proud that they didn’t let their pride get in the way of their decision making. Only if certain high ranking officials in my past had this much common sense.

And here’s where things get really interesting. With the help of the Elves and the Four Great Chevalier Families, humans won the 10 year long war against Netherworlders.

You see, the Four Great Chevalier families, or better known as the Four Great Kaisers, were descendants of four great heroes who appeared at critical points in humanity’s history.

The first family was the Mignard Family, named after the greatest known Knight in history. It seems, as time went by, my name Malcom the Great Protector of Midgard someway somehow got changed to Mignard. Sometimes human creativity was scary.

Next was the Necron Family, my descendants from my time as Milly Necron, greatest mage in history. Apparently they always produce excellent mages and the reason was because they possessed her blood. My blood.

Then there was the Visk family, which was more like a cult than a family, all worshipping a non-existent god through my name, Nii. They were filled with several monks that specialized in healing rather than combat, but those who did specialize in combat were said to be extremely proficient with it.

Lastly was the Lance family, truly kings of this era. These guys had monopolized the world’s chevalier weaponry and had made it big. I mean, since they had the blood the greatest forger in history that made them the best forgers automatically, right? They were tycoons that ruled the world with an iron fist. Literally. The leader of this family was wearing an Iron fist and stated this.

But you see, the thing was, I had no recollection of ever having a child when I was Milly or Malcom or Caleb or Nii. So, I wondered how these families came about. Probably a bunch of wannabes using my name. To be honest, reading about the Kaisers made me pissed off. People using my name to do whatever they want without my permission. Unacceptable! The Kaiser that pissed me of the most was the Lance Kaiser. Do they know how hard I worked before I crafted my god slaying weapons!? They think they could be that good because of blood? Arrogant bastards!

Anyway, after the war, humans, elves and the few demons who fought against the remaining netherworlders made a deal, which allowed Elves and the descendants of those demons to remain on this world. Hence, now the world was currently filled with three different races.

Even after the war, netherworlders kept popping up, and so the Chevaliers formed a new system. The Guilds. It was an interesting concept, actually. The guilds were a collection of chevaliers who would deal with netherworlders that appeared in our world. Best thing about them was that they were able to predict times at which the netherworlders would show up using their technology. In the past we had to rely on those with clairvoyance for that, but they were extremely rare.

So currently, it’s not like netherworlders were completely wiped off the face of the earth. In fact we were living amongst some of them. It was just that, now humans had found a much more efficient method of dealing with them. Albeit a slow one, it was undeniably effective.

Now there was me, an innocent, unsuspecting, semi-immortal being, looking for death, passing his way who happened to get reborn. As the child of a human, Alexis and an elf, Yellen. Yes, my mother was an elf. I now understood why Daichi’s ears were a bit pointed. I never noticed Yellen’s ears because her white hair always covered them. But that meant I was part elf and part human. I was a bit disappointed to tell the truth, but there was nothing I could do about it. At least I now understood where my glorious cuteness came from.

So, after reading all of that, I couldn’t pinpoint why exactly I was reborn anymore. The world was visibly at peace and there were no huge problems. I had even missed 3 epic events, so what was I supposed to do? Did that mean there was something even worse coming up? Something that could very well rival those 3 major events on its own? Or something worse. Far worse. The only thing I can imagine is if…

“Ibuki, say aaaahhh.”

‘Yes! Ambrossia!’

“Aaaaaahhh.”

Alexis shoved the spoon into my mouth.

Ah, where was I? That’s right. While I was reading up, I had also been training my cores. Although not exactly what they used to be, I had increased the amount of energies I could contain. My mana core should’ve been a twentieth of it’s original power by now. And luckily, I managed to free my Force core as well, which ended up creating an explosion that rocked the house. We had to move out of the apartment into a newer place. And boy, was the place big as hell. It was basically a mansion! I had no idea, but my parents were actually rich.

Back to my original statement, I had also attempted to use the nether core which I found. I don’t know when it could be helpful. I had been infusing my body with the energies, which made me sturdier and stronger than the average child. And even though some might say it’s too early, I began practicing my magic. I was now able to easily conjure up a fire ball and manipulate ice. Only 2 magic out of the former numerous amounts, but that didn’t really matter since I was only two years old.

“Oh, Ibuki. You are growing up real fast. It’s almost like you want to hurry up and leave us all alone.”

My mother said.

“Woman! I am only two years old! How the heck do you expect me to even be planning that? Although you aren’t wrong about that.”

“Relax, Yellen. She’s only 2 years old.”

“I know… but… I can’t believe 2 years have passed so soon. It feels like I haven’t spent any time with her.”

“Don’t beat yourself up over that. It’s just your work as a Guild Master. There’s also the countless assassination attempts at your life.”

I spat out my baby carrots and coughed. Some of it even left my nose and I felt like I was dying. I tried beating my chest, but the shock was too much. Even with my sturdy body, hearing this kind of information out of nowhere could hurt me.

“Ibuki!”

Yellen grabbed me and patted me on the back, allowing me to cough.

“What did you feed her?”

“The baby carrots she likes so much.”

“You mean it’s my fault? Oh, Ibuki, I’m sorry. No more baby carrots then.”

‘Don’t misunderstand me!!! Y-you will kill me one day with all the surprises, you know?’

“Do we need to take her to a hospital?”

“N-no. She just choked on baby carrots.”

“But then she has never done this before, right?”

“N-no.”

“Then doesn’t that mean that something extra must have happened?”

‘Woman! Stop hitting me on the back! I admit defeat! My defenses are nothing before you!’

I cried in pain.

“Erm… Yellen. I think you can stop patting Ibuki on the back now.”

“Oh, you’re right. She stopped choking. I want to take care of my baby more.”

‘W-woman. I-if you truly love me. Please go to work. This body can’t handle you.’

“Oh, look at the time. I’m going to be late for work. I’ll come back early today, kay?”

“S-sure. In the meantime, I’ll go research on how to make babies resistant to scary wife strength.”

“What was that?”

“Have a good day at work, I love you honey. Bye.”

“I’m sure you said something else.”

“Oh, look at the time. I’ll have to start making the equipment for my clients now and you have to go to work.”

Alexis shoved Yellen out the door then let out a heavy sigh.

“Alexis. We survived.”

I tugged at his pants.

“Call me dad. Hehe, what do you say Ibuki? Want to take a look at daddy’s workshop?”

He asked with an exhausted grin on his face.

“Workshop? You’re a smith?”

“You already know what a smith is?”

“Yes. I know a lot of things.”

“I know you do.”

He grabbed me and put me on his shoulder.

“Remember to keep this a secret from your mom. She’d kill me if she found out I was taking you down there.”

“Sure. It’s our secret!”

27