009 – New Sibling Pt.I
305 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tonight, was a very serious night.

I was about to undertake a very important mission that could determine my fate. For that, you’ll need a bit of backstory.

Earlier today, Yellen came from work, stressed out and with tons of canned drinks in hand. There was a drink named Z-Fuel. It was said to give you power equal to that of Zondrias. Of course, such magical items used to exist back in my times, so the moment I heard of this, I was excited.

However, when I tried to get one, mother wouldn’t allow me. Something about me being too young. She clearly failed to understand how magnificent I would be if I consumed it. I somehow got a sip of it and I definitely wanted more.

Don’t get me wrong. It wasn’t like I was addicted or anything. I’d just kill for it, nothing more. That wasn’t addiction, it was a strong amount of desire.

Now that everyone was asleep, I could sneak down to the fridge in the kitchen to take a can. I even had a full-proof for incase someone caught me.

I hurriedly snuck down the staircase and made my way towards the kitchen. On my way there, I saw Alexis in all black with a heavy-looking bag on his back. I thought it curious that he was moving at such a time and dressed like a burglar as well, so I moved in closer.

Shockingly, as if he could sense my presence, he turned his eyes towards me and we just looked at each other for an awkward moment.

Unfortunately for me, he was sharper than I’d given him credit for.

“Ibuki? What are you doing up so late, honey?”

He had seen me and knelt down in front of me.

‘Hahaha! I always come prepared for such situations! Time to enact my failsafe.’

“I wash thirshty.”

I sleepily told him. My acting skills had peaked over the years, no? Now I could easily use my childish allure to trick this aging youngster.

“Eh? But you have lots of bottles of water in your room.”

‘Eek! Busted.’

‘Weally? I didn’t know.”

He looked at me suspiciously. He was on to me. Damn it, I laid it on too thick. Screw me and my over-the-top acting abilities.

“Oh well, guess you were too tired to see it.”

He patted me on the head.

“Daddy’s going on a trip to take care of somethings. Take care of your brother and mother. She’ll be kinda stressed the next nine months.”

“Will do.”

I saluted and returned to my sleepy state. He stood up and walked out of the door. There was someone waiting for him outside and together, they left the mansion.

About a year had passed since then. Alexis hadn’t returned ever since. No calls, no texts, not even a letter. Just like that, my very first father had abandoned me. Not like I expected much. Such was the kind of life I was fated to leave.

Mother tried covering for him, saying his mother died and he had to go back to France to take care of certain issues, but no one was buying that pathetic story. She really was a good mother.

I assumed him saying mother was going to be stressed was because he was gone. Soon, I realized how wrong that was. She was pregnant with a third. Alexis literally gave me a new sibling and left forever. I wasn’t sure how to feel about that.

Anyhow, a lot of stuff happened and now the fated day where my new sibling would be born into the world, had come.

“Haha, take that! My level 3 Goblin Warrior! Attack!”

“Kuku, servant. You forget who you play with. Activate Field Card, Magma Zone! I summon my Level 7 Silver Dragon! I then raise my Level 8 Black Dragon! Activate Fusion card! Level 10 Dragon God! Attack! Now with the effects of Magma Zone, my Level 10 Dragon God will cause 200 more damage. Not only that, all my fire type monsters cause 200 more damage as well, and their defenses are up by 100. Now, my level 5 Ifrit, my level 8 Prometheus and my level 1 Fire spirit attack your pathetic”

“What!? B-But… how!? T-this is… death.”

“Fufufu, when you play against the Duel King, don’t bring weak level 3 monsters. You were doomed to fail from the beginning with your deck of cards. Then again, no matter what deck of cards you bring, you would have lost.”

We were playing this card game called Duel X Monster. It was a very addictive game in which players used cards called monster cards to battle against each other. The strongest player is called the duel king, and as expected, I am the Duel King.
“No fair! I want a rematch!”

“Although I don’t mind destroying you, I am thirsty. So go get me something to drink.”

“Uggh, fine.”

Daichi got off the chair and headed down the lobby, leaving me alone.

“But wait… I don’t know where the vending machine is.”

“Ask around.”

“Mom said we shouldn’t be talking to perverts.”

“Fine, I’ll give you one hour. Set an alarm.”

“K.”

Daichi set the alarm and headed off.

‘Hehe, looks like my baby sister is coming already, huh? It feels like just yesterday I was born. I’m sure Alexis would be angry that he missed this.’

We were supposed to wait in the lobby as she gave birth, because the sight was not something children were supposed to see.

That’s why I was flaying Daichi in Duel X Monster.

‘Daichi is taking a bit long. I guess I should use this time to try and breakthrough to level 6 in my mana core. For some weird reason I haven’t been able to develop any of my cores recently. It may have something to do with the fact that I haven’t been in any actual combat, except if I count those times Mary comes to fight me, but I can’t call those fight. Oh well, let’s try this.’

I close my eyes and breathe in. This would take a while.

 

 

.

.

.

.

 

The Nether Break. An event in which certain spots in the human world suddenly collapse and they emerge from. The monsters who call hell their home. The netherworlders. Among these netherworlders, there’s a particular group of creatures that are considered very dangerous.

They were stupid creatures. They were weak individually. However, when they came in swarms, they were a force akin to a disaster. They spread chaos and fear everywhere they went. They were simply known as goblins. Even amongst these creatures were some rare ones that were organized, making them even deadlier. For those ones, the name Kekacuan Hijau was given.

They were rarely seen in the human realm, which led most people to believe that they were only an urban myth. However now, that wall that kept those urban myths contained had broken. The urban myths were free to cause as much chaos as they wanted. And they wouldn’t skip it.

Two goblins looked around the place. It had white walls and bright lights.

“This place reeks of death and humans.”

“Indeed. Let’s go further ahead and find out more.”

“No. We must report back first.”

“What is the point in scouting if we don’t go?”

“Can’t you sense it? There are a few… individuals who possess power. It would be dangerous for only two of us to go ahead.”

“There are a few strong individuals, yes. That’s why we must move ahead. It would be our fault if someone unexpectedly strong appeared.”

“Hmm… you make a valid point. Let’s go.”

The two moved out of the small room they were in and emerged on a lobby. They looked around, but there was nothing there. Then they heard footsteps.

“Can you feel that?”

“Kekeke, faint holy force. A human is coming.”

“Hey you two!”

A man wearing a guard’s uniform came. His eyes glowed faintly as he looked at the two goblins with a smirk.

“Is that the source?”

The goblin asked his partner who then nodded.

“Indeed. Shall we?”

“Let’s.”

The human could only look at them, completely oblivious to what they were conversing about. The only thing he could think about was the fact that he could kill some monsters.

“Nice of you to show up. Just when I was feeling a little bored.”

He took out a dagger that he kept hidden in his pocket because they wouldn’t allow anyone to bring a weapon into the hospital. He glowed with holy force as he kicked off the ground towards the two goblins and slashed, but the goblins easily avoided his attack.

“Eeeugh! Stupid demons!”

The hunter then spun around with the intent of striking at one of the goblins’ throat, but his attack was intercepted by a bone dagger and the sound of bone shattering entered his ear drums, before the intense pain came, then an ear-splitting yell. The goblin had already delivered a powerful kick to his abdomen and the defenses of a ninth grade chevalier were useless against it.

He fell back and the goblins grabbed his leg. In a frenzy, he slashed at the hands holding him, but one of the goblins caught his arm. He looked at the face, and the frog like eyes of the demon gazed at him with ecstasy. It applied more pressure, breaking the man’s arm like a twig. The chevalier tried to scream, but the goblin put a finger to his mouth, shushing him.

“P-please, let me go.”

The two goblins looked at each other, having a conversation.

“What should we do with him?”

“He’s a weakling who lacks any real combat skills.”

“Hmm, true. I don’t remember humans being so weak though.”

“Whatever. Should we kill him? He’s begging for his life like a baby.”

“Kekeke, like the stupid orcs say. What use is a warrior who begs for his life?”

The two goblins looked at the human and grinned, showing off their yellow fangs.

“N-no! No! Nooo-”

The two demons tore at the man, not even giving him the chance to scream. When they were done, the creatures looked at each other.

“Let’s go back. Human blood very delicious. The others will want this.”

“You are right. There are only weaklings here.”

The two then dragged the body back to the portal they emerged from.

 

 

.

.

.

.

Daichi headed had been searching for a vending machine, but hadn’t found one yet. He was pissed that he had lost the game in such a way, but he couldn’t get angry at his cute little sister. Suddenly, he noticed something.

A metallic scent like blood spilling and he could hear someone screaming. Then he felt a presence fade. This was all because of the kinds of training his little sister made him go through. He honestly hadn’t realized how high his perception of things had gotten until now.

He went towards the place he felt the presence disappear. It was an abandoned lobby that had no one around. He approached the scene where he felt the presence disappear and when he arrived, he saw blood stains. It was a blood trail leading somewhere.

When he looked around he could identify that there was a sort of struggle there between some people. Two versus one. From the foot prints around, he could tell that the two weren’t human. They looked like they belongs to goblins.

‘What the heck did Ibuki make me watch all these years? I can easily identify these things now. Ah, she even made me memorize mom’s monster encyclopedia.’

He remembered that sometimes during training Ibuki would make him watch some forensic programs or read Yellen’s Monster encyclopedia. She would beat him I he tried to skip out on it and so he had no choice but to do it.

‘Hmmm… should I follow? Now would be a good time to see if I’ve made any progress. I can never tell with Ibuki. And all the kids are school were always weaker than me so… Yeah, I’ll just head over.’

He noticed a dagger on the ground, so he picked it up. It was covered in the blood of its former owner, but it had a beautiful blade and a leather handle.

‘This will be useful, I guess.’

BEEP! BEEP!

Daichi’s alarm went off and he flinched. He looked at his phone and it was past and hour since he left Ibuki alone.

‘Daichi, you idiot! I guess you need more training!’

He could hear his little sister’s cute but scary voice in his head.

‘I better go back before anything happens!’

He ran back towards a vending machine.

.

.

.

.

The goblins sent the body of the human who had attacked them earlier to their home base. They went towards the chief’s throne and sitting there, wearing a golden crown was a fat goblin. He was easily twice the size of the average goblin, and had weird tattoos all over his body. His eyes glowed a violent red and his fangs were almost as big as elephant tusks.

The goblin king. The strongest goblin in the village and leader of the tribe of well-organized monsters. He looked at the two goblins beneath him and could only wonder why they brought filth into his abode.

“Leader! We bring news!”

“From the world outside.”

He raised his hand, signaling for them to continue.

“This mortal was among the individuals who possess energy.”

“So?”

The goblin chief asked.

“He was weak. I don’t think they would send a weak soldier to dispatch of monsters.”

“It is because they underestimate us, you fool! However, I also miss the taste of human blood. Send our forces and conquer this place!”

The two goblins bowed and went to deliver orders. It didn’t take long, as the forces were already preparing for the moment they came back with news, and soon, the goblins left the netherworld and entered the human world to wreak havoc

12