011 – New Sibling Pt.III
285 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“L-leader! Our soldiers are falling.”

A goblin came crying before the goblin king.

“Weren’t you the one who said there was no danger?”

“Eeek! Y-yes, but it seems we were wrong.”

“Tsu. Useless.”

The goblin king could feel the dramatic decrease in the number of his soldiers. They were falling like flies and he failed to see the reason.

He got off his throne, and grabbed his club.

He ran towards the portal, tearing up the ground beneath him. He left a deep imprint with every step he took.

When he emerged, he ran towards the place he sensed a powerful presence.

.

.

.

.

All the goblins were too scared to do anything. Anyone who got close to the siblings would be frozen instantly and any that tried to run away would be chased down by the young elf boy. It was a complete massacre. That is, until they noticed him.

A new goblin appeared, but it was twice as big as the average goblin, covered in tattoos and wielding a bone club that was easily the size of a ten-year-old child.

Ibuki’s eyes diverted towards the new source of power she sensed.

‘Those markings… the leader? That’s the king I guess. Then it all ends if I take him out.’

The fat goblin smashed a few of the frozen goblins as it made its way towards the siblings and Ibuki had a thought.

“Ok Daichi, new plan.”

“Huh?”

“I’ll handle the goblins. You fight the king.”

“What!? Why!?”

“This is training. I want to see how far you’ve come. I won’t be able to do that if you play with this fodder.”

“But, who’s going to take care of all of them.”

“Me of course.”

Daichi looked into his sister’s eyes and could tell that she was brimming with confidence.

“Ah… fine.”

He walked over to the giant goblin. The goblin king smirked at his appearance.

“Oh? Are you the warrior that has been making fine work of my servants?”

The elf looked around and saw goblins that had parts of their bod charred black and riddled with holes the size of his fists, as well as cuts from his dagger.

“I guess so.”

“Good. Good. I will do you the honour of fighting you. Now come.”

“Eugh. Cringe.”

“Cringe?”

“Uhh, Mr. Goblin king. I really don’t want to fight you, but my mom and little sister are forcing me to do this. You look like you could crush me any moment and I feel like you have a chance at that. But can’t you just go back home and there’s no trouble for any of us?”

“…. Foolish Child! Here I was thinking you were a warrior! You are nothing more than an ignorant brat!”

The goblin king shouted. Daichi let out a sigh, then got into a battle ready stance.

He suddenly froze up. He could sense an abnormal feeling aimed at him. It reminded him of the time Ibuki tried using killing intent on him. If it weren’t for that incident, he would have lost his life. The club came at him faster than a bullet. He bit his lips, breaking him from his trance. Lightning arced on his now enhanced body, allowing him to narrowly avoid the blow that shattered the tiles beneath him.

His eyes picked up on the goblin king’s other hand coming in to grab him, so he bent backwards to avoid it, then kicked the hand away. Tiles broke as he kicked off and stabbed at the goblin’s chest, but the demon glowed blue and Daichi’s attack bounced off harmlessly.

The goblins aura changed to orange and it swung its arm at Daichi so fast the boy could barely react. He put his arms up for defense, but the punch came from behind. The ground broke as he collapsed on it. Where it not for the lightning surrounding him, he would have ended up with broken bones.

He coughed out a bit of blood and winced in pain.

‘T-that was too fast.’

He began panting. His little lungs, taking in big sacs of air.

‘How am I supposed to even touch him?’

The goblin was going to punch the young elf again, but he felt it. The cold that had been spreading in the room since the beginning of the attack. He believed his thick skin would be protected against it, but he could feel it creeping into him.

“Oi! Who said you were allowed to touch him?”

The goblin king froze when he heard the voice. He wanted to move, but he couldn’t. His body simply wouldn’t allow him to run away. Slowly, he turned his head to face the source and was surprised to see a four year old elven girl glaring at him.

What scared him even more was when he looked into the girl’s eyes. Beautiful emerald eyes, but they lacked any sort of elegance. He could only see unbelievable killing intent under her murderous gaze and this caused him to shiver.

“T-those eyes. How old are you?”

“None of your damned business. Now get away from him.”

“I-I am the warrior Ik-.”

“I didn’t ask for your name. Get off my brother. Now.”

She threatened, the room temperature dropping by the second. Her body’s aura glowed a deep crimson red and her killing intent grew visible to the human eye. It took the form of a red shadow that was encasing everything.

All his instincts warned him. They were screaming for him to run away, but he didn’t want to. He simply walked back from Daichi, cautious of Ibuki’s every move. The little girl ran to her older brother.

“Hey, Daichi. Are you ok?”

“Y-yeah. That punch still has nothing on you.”

“Of course, not you idiot. Now stand up.”

While the two were conversing, the goblin king was thinking.

‘This little girl… why am I even scared of her? She’s just a child. I’ll just kill her and there’s nothing wrong, right? If I do it while she has her back turned to me, she definitely won’t be able to react.’

With his game plan set, the goblin king acted. He moved the club at his fastest. His body glowed with a deep orange aura, and the winds whirred around him. This would have been an impossible to avoid hit from that range for the siblings, however it made no contact.

Daichi kicked Ibuki out of the way, and prepped himself to receive the blow, but it didn’t come. He was waiting, but it still hadn’t arrived, and when he heard Ibuki’s voice, he was confused.

“Are you done cowering?”

“Huh? What’s happening?”

He looked at his little sister who was standing in a cocky pose, then looked at the giant ice statue before him.

“Wait… what?”

“Isn’t that obvious? I froze him before he could do anything.”

“But… when?”

“My cast time is superfast, you know.”

She boasted, and Daichi smiled at her. As always, his little sister was a monster. He fell on his back, looking at the goblin, then something caught his eye. He injected a little nether energy into his legs and jumped up to get it.

It was a golden crown with some beautiful crystals on it. He looked at Ibuki and had a thought.

‘This would look nice on her, won’t it?’

He walked towards her and tried to put it on her head, but she resisted.

“Hey, Daichi. What are you doing? Ah! St-stop that!”

“Sorry. Just thought this crown would look good on you.”

“This crown. Isn’t it…”

“Is something wrong?”

“No. In fact, this is good. Very good.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Never mind me. Let’s go check on mom.”

The young elf watched as his sister walked towards their mother’s location and grinned.

“Why are you keeping so-… Wipe that grin of your face. It’s gross.”

“Ah, sorry.”

He then ran after her and they both headed off towards their mother’s location.

.

.

.

.

 

“Come on in you two.”

The nurses invited us into the room after giving us towels to wipe ourselves with. Although they were wearing masks, I could tell that they were wary of us. I wonder why.

Laying there on the bed, with silver white hair and emerald green eyes was my mother. Looking so beautiful. Just like the first day we met.

Then there was the newcomer. Wrapped in a white towel. Both Daichi and I approached the two and I looked at her. She had beautiful emerald eyes, just like mine, and her hair and ears were mine. She was a carbon copy of me.

I poked her face, then whispered.

“Hello there, C.C.”

“No. Her name’s Akesha Ryo.”

I looked at my mother who was smiling at me.

“But she’s my carbon copy.”

“And I don’t care.”

“Good point. Welcome to the world C.C. I’m your big sister, Ibuki and this is idiot is your brother, Daichi. I can’t wait to start training you like a dog.”

“Ow!”

A hit came from somewhere unexpected. It was Daichi.

“You shouldn’t be saying that to your new born sister.”

“Daichi, you little-!”

“No, please, don’t-”

He cowered away from me.

“Shut it! Both of you leave this room! NOW!”

The baby started crying, so the nurses led us out of the room, and made us wait in the lobby. I sat down thinking, then Daichi brought up a deck of cards.

“Duel X Monster?”

I nodded and we played.

***

A man in his mid-thirties sat behind a pile of mounted up papers. He had been signing off the papers and reviewing important letters that concerned his guild since the previous night and he had just finished. He laid back and let out a heavy sigh.

He, who was commonly referred to as the Giant Slayer, Japan’s fifth most powerful chevalier was reduced to a sack of meat by the office’s requirements.

The doors to his office burst open and his subordinate came rushing in.

“Sir! Sir! News! Big news!”

“What is it?”

“Sir, there was recently a Nether Break at the hospital downtown.”

“And?”

“Sir, we believe they were Kekacuan Hijau that came out.”

“Oh? I thought those were just an urban myth.”

“We thought so too.”

“Does that mean there was some sort of trouble?”

“Erh, sir. That’s the thing. When chevaliers got there, it turns out that all the monsters had been killed.”

“Killed? What do you mean?”

“Um… I think it would be best to show you.”

The informant placed a tablet in front of his boss and played the video feed they got from the hospital’s cameras.

……….

“W-What the hell is this?”

The man asked as he looked at the video footage being shown to him.

“Huh? Mr.-”

The guild member couldn’t talk. They just looked at the two beings that stood over a pile of dead bodies, blood all over their bodies. Their eyes glowed a beautiful emerald green and their hair glistened with the snow on it.

“Y-you mean…”

“Y-yes. They-they kil-killed the goblins, sir.”

“I-isn’t that the leader?”

“Yes sir.”

“Christ. This is almost like…”

The man looked down on his desk as memories flashed in his head then he looked up at his subordinate.

“Who are they? Their names?”

“Sir. Remember Yellen Aranala?”

“The Guild Mistress of Kaibutsu guild?”

“Yes sir.”

“How could I ever forget that woman? She’s a monster in the form of a beauty. She made her presence known throughout the whole Chevalier world with what happened fifteen years ago. Yellen Aranala, the Supreme Maverick Queen.”

The image of the elf crossed his head and he shuddered.

“Yes sir. Those are her children.”

“What!?”

The man slammed down on the desk.

“Y-you are telling me that monster has kids?”

“Yes sir.”

“Who the hell was crazy enough to get with that monster?”

“We don’t have any leads on who the father is yet, but we know that her children are Daichi Ryo Macron and Ibuki Ryo Macron. That’s all we’ve gathered so far.”

“Macron, huh? Any relation to Noelle Macron?”

“We aren’t aware of that yet, sir.”

“Hopefully there isn’t.”

“Sir… excuse me, but why?”

The man looked at his subordinate, then decided to brush off the question.

“Whatever, just get them from that monster.”

“B-but sir. What are we supposed to do?”

“Anything. Just get those children away from her. Don’t let her raise them.”

The informant who had never seen his guild master ever shiver this much before could only wonder why he was acting this way. This man who was called the Giant Slayer, was quivering because of one elf?

‘What happened in that Expedition?’

He could only wonder as he left the room.

12