014 – The Kidnapping Incident Pt.III
202 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Yellen.”

Daisuke’s heavy voice entered Yellen’s pointy ears loudly. She looked up at him with anxious eyes only to meet a look that confirmed her fears.

“According to James, a bounty was put up for two elf kids some months ago. About when you gave birth to Akesha.”

“They did what!?”

“Everyone was hesitant since they found out they were your kids, but it seems the kidnappers are relatively new to the business. They either don’t know the golden rule of the black market or are trying to prove something to someone.”

He said with a very tired expression on his face. Daisuke rubbed the back of his neck and kept taking a few steps back from the heated Yellen.

“Which organization took on the job? And who issued the order?”

“Um, a gang called the Copper heads. As for who issued it, we have no ide-”

“Then find out who did!”

She cut him off and sat up from her seat.

“Get my Crimson Knights! Order them to scour the city and find the copper head gang.”

She slammed down on her desk, splitting it in half and stomping out of the room.

“But the Crimson Knights are out of the country… also aren’t they too much for a small-time gang?”

Daisuke muttered under his breath while avoiding eye contact with Yellen. Whether she heard him or not, she showed no reaction to it. Rather, she muttered something under her breath.

“Sorry, what was that?”

Curious, Daisuke asked. Yellen’s entire body trembled as she muttered once more, barely audible even to the high ranked Chevalier’s ears.

“Could you speak louder? It’s really difficult to hear you.”

“I said send all other forces before… just send all forces immediately!”

After delivering her order, she slammed the door behind her and left in a hurry to go begin the search. Daisuke, left alone could only stare in a daze for some seconds before slapping himself back to reality.

He took his phone out and made a phone call. The one to receive the call was the Chief of the Kaiju Guild’s Investigation Bureau. He was in charge of any and all information the guild received or sent, as such, he was just the man for the job.

“I need you to send a message to all guild members.”

“Of course. What’s the message?”

“Find the Guild Leader’s kids. They were kidnapped by a gang called Copperhead.”

“I already had them searching for the kids. Wait… uh-huh?”

It seems he was interrupted by someone on the other side. Daisuke had seen this man’s efficiency, but it was like a Once-in-a-blue-moon event for him to actually be useful. It was honestly surprising to see him take the initiative in a mission.

“Sir, we found them. They are at the Tanuki Cross Port area at this moment. One of my men is currently standing there, so if he sees any guild members, he’ll direct them. Also, please keep this silent from the Guild Leader. The Tanuki Cross Port is a National Landmark. If she gets caught around one, the guild will actually be shut down for good this time…”

“Oh… yeah. I forgot about that.”

Daisuke cut the call and took out a cigar. It had been a while since he was this angry. Anyone who laid eyes on him would assume a vein was about to pop on his head.

“I guess, this is what it’s like to be an uncle.”

He lit the cigar and stormed out of the room, his cape fluttering behind him and his eyes glowing with a fiery anger.

***

“You guys aren’t doing anything stupid, right?”

A hoarse voice asked. The two men standing in front of the children looked back to the burly figure sitting on the pile of crates.

The skinnier man looked at the authoritative man with bloodshot eyes.

“Boss, you sure we can’t kill these brats?”

He asked while trying to break free of his captivity. The now identified boss just glared at him, sending a warning. The bigger man let go of the skinny guy and clicked his tongue.

“Come on. I thought the request was that we drop them off in the middle of nowhere so no one would ever find them ever again. Why do we have to care for their bodies?”

He asked, walking closer to the boss. The other members in the room just watched him as he drew closer. None tried to talk him into backing down.

The boss just looked at him without saying much. The skinny man made sure to stop two meters away from the boss and grinned madly.

“Come on, let me rough up that arrogant bitch a bit.”

He pleaded.

“Do not touch her again, Randy.”

The man spoke once again, this time his voice carried force in it. It made the skinny man shiver, hearing his actual name being said.

The Copperhead gang had a rule in which no one was supposed to ever use their actual names. For obvious reasons, they all had aliases on missions. Right now, the man in front of him had practically handed him a death sentence by saying his real name.

Still, that depended on how the skinny man reacted to it.

“Oooh, guess who’s been doing some research~ Try harder next time, boss.”

He waved his hand and retorted sarcastically. Afterwards, he walked back. The others snickered and mocked him for his foolish action.

“Mind who you’re dealing with next time.”

His partner smacked the back of his head as he stumbled towards the children.  

“Intruders spotted.”

The scout who was standing on the roof alerted the members through a radio. The others immediately tensed up and took out their weapons.

All of them took out assault rifles and started marching towards their positions.

This was all a part of their plan. In truth, the reason the mercenaries hadn’t left yet was because they had to wait for the guild leader of the Kaiju guild to show up and cause an insane amount of damage to the landmark.

Their client wasn’t actually trying to kidnap the children, especially since they knew the kaiju guild would find them no matter where they went. The true purpose was to destroy the Kaiju guild through backhanded and cowardly means.

For that, a group of humans were hired with a few chevaliers acting as the coordinators of the event.

The boss who was about to walk out to go handle the incoming chevaliers paused in his movements. In fact, it wasn’t he alone. Everyone else in the warehouse was unable to move from their current location.

Slowly, they turned their heads back towards the source of their fear. It radiated so much nether energy; they all presumed an A rank nether break was occurring before their very eyes.

The source of the powerful aura was the little elf girl. Her clothes were bloody, but her face lacked any signs of injury. She moved her fingers, as if she wasn’t used to moving them.

After a few more seconds of everyone just quietly observing the odd phenomenon, the little girl lifted her head and looked at them. Her eyes were pitch black, sclera all. A vile aura permeated the air, emanating from her, like a potent odour.

The girl muttered some incomprehensible words and grinned. No one in the room moved.

No one, but Randy. Almost as if he couldn’t sense the danger, Randy crouched before the child.

“Oi, she’s awake again! Should I knock her out?”

He reached out to grab her hair, but her tiny hands grabbed his wrist first. Confused, he tried to move his hand, but the girl’s grip was far stronger than he could imagine. He looked back at the girl’s eyes and beads of sweat started to form on his head.

“Um, what is happening, guys?”

He asked, his voice finally sounding concerned.

“Guys?”

Hs voice was shaky as the little girl applied more pressure. Her grin widened while Randy’s lips curved downwards. His eyes spun around in the eye sockets as he tried to free himself.  

“Guys!”

It was too late for him. With a little bit more force, the little girl crushed his wrist, leaving him screaming in pain.

“Shut him up!”

Randy’s yell brought everyone back to their senses. The closest man to Randy tried to help him out whereas the others took up their positions for the incoming chevaliers.

“Tch, you and your big mouth.”

He gagged Randy then turned his attention to the little girl. The girl looked up at him with a devilish grin. The man had a bad feeling as he looked at her. His instincts told him to get as far away from her as possible, but he had also received orders from the boss.

He cladded his body in chakra and tried to slap the girl’s hand out of her grip. Rather, a tentacle of shadows grabbed his wrist and flung him out of the warehouse with so much force it was rather unbelievable.

Randy who had just witnessed the scene still couldn’t believe it and he looked back down at the little girl. Her smile had been replaced with a frown now. Why this happened, he didn’t know. But the next burst of power of power shook him to his core.

 

 

<A/N: It's been a while since the last update. I apologise for that! But I'm back for a while again.>

6