Part Two: Charred Chrome
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I dreamed of a storm of white rose petals. Each one whispering secrets, teaching me how to be, and tearing at my flesh. Each becoming stained with my blood and falling to the ground to swirl in the wind. The wind whipped the petals into a passionate and playful dance of truth and desire. They turned and twisted with each breezy caress until they transformed before my eyes into a human form facing me. I looked deep into the creature's eyes, stared into the abyss, and found that I stared into my own soul. It was me that I was standing in front of. Without a word between me and my alter dream self I was startled awake by the realization that we had made a very big mistake.

We did not think things through as well as we should have. How did we ever expect to move two rambunctious, egocentric, and somewhat naive 15 years old twins into our world. A world so vastly different from their own. A world they would never comprehend. A world of primal temptations, perverse intrigue, unadulterated fornication, and deviant sexual appetites. A world shrouded in secrecy, hidden agendas, and illusions.

We were charged to protect them, and our world would surely seduce and corrupt them. Their fate depends on our ability to conceal, mask, and protect Marta and Nicholas from exposure to the Society of the Chrome and Indigo and our own positions as Sovereign Masters of The Houses of Purity and Pain. We had attempted the impossible.

0