CHAPTER 13
664 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I forced my self to get up and dressed, this time a simple green t shirt, I didn’t care. My master came in and told me it was dinner time, followed by a head pat. “You are a very good slave, you will get a treat at dinner”, my face changed to a surprised look and I wondered if he was messing with me or not. I walked over to the kitchen and saw my hair was still on the floor, master picked it up and tossed it in a bag. He then moved the back pack from earlier on the counter with the hair, “sit down, tonight we have a good dinner, slaves need to be rewarded for good work”, he walked away and started bringing stuff to the table. First some glasses and then plates with cooked fish, then he poured some clear liquid in both followed by an orange liquid. “Its boneless fish” he said, “also you get a screw driver tonight, some slaves never get to drink alcohol. Its vodka and orange juice”. The fish was cold but it was the best food I’ve had in a while, I tried the drink he made and I was kinda bitter. I didn’t know how to describe it but it also tasted surgery. I finished the fish and kept drinking, also a screw driver is a tool why is the drink named that? After a while I felt good even thought at first the bitter taste was unpleasant it was starting to taste good.

I was feeling a little tired but I felt good at the same time and after I finished every thing I followed my master to the chair in front of the boxy tv. He sat on the chair and told me to sit on his lap and I did as ordered. He got a remote and turned it on, “channel 0 still has nothing on yet, to early, I know 2 does though”. He passed one witch also was black and went to channel 2 and jet ski racing was on on, he put down the remote and cuddled me in his arms. I liked it, his embrace was comforting. But I was confused, he raped me but also gave me good food and alcohol and was comforting me. At least he rewarded me I guess still I still hated being raped, but his embrace did comfort me. I was the first time in a while I felt some one cared about me, I was so confused but happy at the same time. My but didn’t hurt any more but I knew why, my face stared to blush a little. I was scared of sex in the future but for now I was happy, I had such contradicting thoughts in my head. After a while he turned off the tv and carried me to bed and I fell asleep.

I woke up early and my master was touching my face, I remembered last night. Both terrible and comforting, I didn’t know what to think of him any more. “Today Ill show you how to work the harpoon gun and well go out fishing” he said. “We have work to do”, at least I would get to see the world. “Master, how big is the crater?” I asked as I got up, he responded with “at least 26.97 million square miles, but that estimate is from right after the impact so no ones knows if its accurate. Rarely do people go into uncharted waters and return so we cant confirm or deny it.” he said. I got out of bed and picked out a spare set of clothes like I was told. I followed my master outside to his fishing boat.

“Here is the harpoon, 7 feet wide and 26 feet long. She is a f1125a2, old surplus boat from the military, and in front is the harpoon gun. Its more of a turret technically, it has a harpoon gun built in and a 50 cal machine gun.”.

My master sucked at naming things, both my nickname and the name of his boat sucked, It was a long and skinny boat that was mostly flat. Except for the boxy orange harpoon/machine gun turret up front and the rear of the boat witch had the main section, I didn’t know boat terminology. The building like part was about 17 feet tall and shaped like a round hut with a smaller hut on top of it on the front and the back. The sides were flat, flush with the sides of the boat. Except on the outside front section it had a flat angled wall with 2 doors then a rounded section. The front doors of the boat were on the angled section and the deck had 2 large doors in the middle that could rise and open up for loading I assumed. On the back of the boat was the empires flag and the exhaust, on top was a satellite dish and radio antennas I think. The water was just inches below the deck and their was no railing to keep you from falling off.

“Now ill tell you about what parts of the boat are called, up front is the bow. The back is the stern, the left is the port and the right is starboard. The indoor section at the back is called the cockpit and the helm is where I drive, that’s on the second floor. Finally the top of each side of the boat is the gunwale, the cockpit was white but I had it repainted blue and the deck has always been gray.”

I followed master in the boat to the first floor and it had a work bench and shelves for storage, of coarse they had doors so stuff would not fall out. In the back was a small toilet and a sink, in the middle of the room was 2 sets of stairs. One above the other, the top stairs lead to the 2cnd floor were there was a bed, a small kitchen, and in front was a window right in front of the controls and wheel. Next we went down the stairs to under the deck, this was the engine room. A door lead to the storage room, above was the cargo hatch opening and then at the other end was another door. It lead to the fuel tank and there was a pipe leading back to the engine room. So now I could confirm that fossil fuels were standard, and the cap for the fuel tank was on the deck near the turret.

After showing me around we walked back near the turret, “master, it seems dangerous to have no railings and why is the fuel tank so far from the engine?”. “Yeah the military stopped using these boats for a number of reasons. But its a safety thing having the engine away from the fuel tank, even if that causes a lot of problems. They adopted new patrol boats and sold these off cheap” he responded. “Now ill show you how to use the harpoon/machine gun turret” he continued.

I sat in the rubber seat and put on a 4 point seat belt, this was connected on the bottom to the main turret body. As I said before, I was blocky and an ugly orange color, “you cant see them but there is a browning 50 cal and a harpoon gun inside this block of metal. Also an air tank for the harpoon gun, you fire a single harpoon then walk in front of the turret if you have to fire a second shot. 3 spare harpoons are held in the front” he said. “This side hatch on the right side of the gun is were the 50 cal ammo is stored, the gun is empty now and no harpoon is loaded up front”, he continued. “there is a camera mounted up front that connects to the monitor in front of you, on each side there is two control sticks. The left one is for up and down and the right is for left and right.”, he continued to explain. What kind of fishing were we doing, a machine gun for fishing? “Master, isn’t it dangerous to reload the harpoon gun, I might fall off in the water?”, I asked.

“Correct, I have no response”, he said. I played around and learned to move the turret around and it moved fast, “the monitor has your 50 cal ammo amount on it, left trigger fires the harpoon and right fires the machine gun with a solenoid trigger”. “who is browning I asked?”, my master said he didn’t know. “browning, colt, kalashnikov, FN and more. Lots of guns from the old world we still make and use but don’t know what the names mean”. “Every harpoon has a rope tied to it connecting it to a buoy. The harpoon will make it bleed out, even if it is pulled out. If not the buoy will stop the fish from swimming and the 50 cal is if it wont die. The buoy are on the boat until they are pulled off, always aim in front of the fish if its swimming so you hit. Any questions?”.

“Yeah, how big are the fish we are going after?” I asked.

“So small fish you use a net or fishing rod to catch is not what we do, there exist larger more dangerous sea life like sharks but I rarely kill them. Their is alien life that came with the meteor and now it lives in the ocean, that is what we go after.” he said.

“could you tell me about them?” I asked?

“We go after squid fish, sea worms are to large and dangerous for a small boat like mine. Squid fish are on average 6-20 feet long and 4-15 feet tall, blue in color with a white horn on there head. On there underside they have retractable tentacles that range from 6-8 feet and are fast swimmers. They have 3-5 tentacles and are really carnivorous and are always wanting to eat” my master told me.

“so if I fall in the water I could be eaten?” I asked.

“yes, they have many curved hook like teeth, I almost died to them. Why do you think I purchased you lin?” he said while petting me.

“Now come inside, were leaving for a fishing trip now” he said.

I follow my master to the ships second floor and sat on the bed while he stared the boat and we were off.

I could hear the engine from up here, there was no doors to block the sound. As we drove through the water streets I thought about how the turrets camera was not HD or 4K quality at all. I wondered if they even had HD cameras, and finally after seeing all I have so far I realized something. This was a poor attempt to recreate Rome, still clearly roman inspired but more of a poor mans version of Rome. I know resources and materials are not as abundant as before the meteor hit but still.

I was surprised, the streets were wide enough for the boat and we were not the only large boats on the streets. We left through a city gate, it only took like 14 minutes to get there. Luckily It was a different one than the slaver ship used. An 8 feet wide section of wall moved forward and to the left and we went through.

I looked out one of the side windows as we left the city and saw open water, some other boats were were coming to enter the city. It looked beautiful, I sat back down on the bed and looked back at how my master had treated me so far. He had been nice in giving me a bed and clothes, and he ate the same food as me. Compared to the slavers he was a saint but still he treated me like a pet more than a human and made me have sex with him. Granted he also rewarded me for it and even just held me as we watched tv, I found that moment kinda comforting. I was also a little drunk, I could never handle alcohol well.

Still compared to my family, he did treat me well, my sister always hated me and loved to brag about how she was better. Better grades, actually had friends and overall a better life. My mom also hated me, she always blamed me for dad leaving. She complained that I wasn’t good enough for her and regretted having me, telling me that by age 6. She loved to yell at me for hours but really it had nothing to do with me, she would come home from work all mad and used me to act as a scapegoat. As messed up as it sounds master was the first to show me any compassion, although I felt more like his pet and sex slave.

After 30 minutes or so the boat stopped and master told me to follow him to the first floor. We were going to start fishing now, I would have to learn while working since I got just a basic overview.

 

I looked up boating terms and tried to be 100 percent accurate in there use, i was unsure what the main indoor section of a boat was called. I think cock pit is the right term, but i could be wrong. I know what its like when people talk about guns and use terms incorrectly. Calling semi auto guns assault rifles, not knowing a clip vs a magazine, fully semi automatic (i don't know what that could even mean), and more. If i really messed up a term, some one who knows about boats can comment on how wrong i am.

5