CHAPTER 21
308 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a quiet ride, the rough water made it hard to rest, I got up and walked behind master. I noticed a metal disk with a triple pointed spear and wolf, I was curious about it.

“Master, whats that metal disk?” I asked him.

“The sailors token, it protects boats and the people on them from danger. Both the Wolf god and Neptune watch over you when this is on board.” was his response.

“Whats the spear thing on it?” I then asked.

“Neptune’s trident, his weapon of choice. In general the token provides luck and protection but also helps keep away the rogue spirit Caro Specula. Rarley does he show up, but when he does you are reminded how powerless you are to the spirits” he said. Just more superstition and spirit talk, was there more spirits?

“What are all the spirits and gods?” i asked him.

“The wolf god and the spirits Hades, Neptune, Caro Specula, ardenti oculus the sun spirit and cerberus the 3 headed dog. Cerberus is a sub spirit under Hades, he keeps the dead from returning.” he told me. Given a large world destroying event, i could understand superstition and spirituality being believed as truth.

I continued to stand behind him and look at the water, at night the ocean was pitch black. The moon probably helped a little when it was in tact, the boat bumped and i almost fell on the floor. I wrapped my arms around master instinctively and didn’t move them.

Another 2 hours passed and finally we could see Vi city in the distance, master said it would be another half hour till we docked. I was hoping to get a chance to be on land for a bit since i was in space for a year and for at least a month i think on boats and the sea. I was also wondering what there land city's looked like.

It was dark out but the docks were lit up, master pulled up and the boat was tied to the dock. A few minutes earlier he radioed in and requested permission to dock. After leaving me to watch the boat he left and went to pay, i waited and looked around curiously. A lot of docks with boats all connected together by a central walkway, it was lit up nicely. But it was a sea of black all around the docks and in the distance was Vi city, master returned and locked the boat for the night.

Master was tired and just wanted to sleep, he took his boots and pistol off and i was told to do the same. I cuddled up with him and he wrapped his arms around me then passed out, i was just happy to sleep with him again. I did feel safe with him like this, l was truly happy he bought me. I fell asleep myself.

I woke up to master nudging my face as he woke me up like usual, i always slept in. He smiled and told me i was always cute when i woke up and that we had to get to work. We both got our boots on and put on our holsters with our guns already in them, we left the boat and walked to shore. I was looking forward to this, as we walked i asked master a question.

“Can we keep our boat here still, i thought you only payed for the night?” i asked him.

“We have to leave by tonight, i have some business here to take care of first.” he told me.

Once we left the dock we were on a floating walkway that was just on sand, this confused me.

“Master, why is this walk way on land if it floats?” i asked.

“Because right now its low tide, later in the day its high tide. The dock is built further out in the ocean so boats don't get beached during the day, this entire area will be water by tonight.” he said.

After a five minute walk we made it to Vi city, asphalt roads and side walks with cement and stone buildings on either side. Metal poles with wires ran along the street and connected with every building, cars were driving on the streets. The vehicles were simple looking, bordering on crude.

We walked threw the city and i noticed a decent amount of trash on the street, we stopped at a park with 3 statues in the center. There was a black wolf, a man with a long black beard wearing a black cloak and another man with a white beard wearing a blue cloak while holding a trident.

“I though i would show you this since were here, Its the Wolf god herself, Hades and Neptune. Well statues of them, there marble but are then painted.” i was told.

We stood there for a minute then left, after a while we walked up to a large marble building surrounded by a large fence. We walked up to the front gate and master hit a button and said that he was here and that i was with him. A armed guard came out and opened the door to let us on the property, we followed him inside the building.

The floor was blue tile and the walls were orange, this also was the cleanest building ive seen so far. I felt like i didn't belong here, a women about my age walked our way, she wore a expensive dress and had lots of make up on.

“Who let this rat in, shes as filthy as a public toilet. Shes nothing more than a peon and a whore, her hair is a mess. I thi......” she said before master interrupted her and pushed her hand away from my hair.

“That's my slave and you will not insult her, plus she is with me. I'm here because your boss contacted me, you have no need to talk to her you pretentious bitch” he told her sternly.

“Dan, the dirty fisherman that Sam likes to hire now and then. You might be a citizen but you will never be anything more than a son of a prostitute, follow me” she said snarlingly.

“Fine just be careful, you don't wanna catch anything from these rats.” master retorted.

We went through a door next to a desk and down a hall and entered a office then that bitch left us. A man in a suit sat behind the desk and both me and master sat across.

“Slaves can stand, they don't need to sit” he said angerly while staring at me.

“She is my slave, if i sit then she does” master said.

“Fine, i will allow that rat a seat. But only because its your rat” he responded.

I was seeing how the elite talked down to those below them, plus i was a slave. At least i was a slave of some one important, so they could only talk down to me. I was avoiding eye contact with the man across the desk, i felt so unwelcomed i was crying a little. Luckily master patted my head to cheer me up, i calmed down a bit.

“You were contacted by Sam to transport her yourself safely to Ventus city along with some package” master was told.

 

3