CHAPTER 47
148 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting at the table with Dan across from me, I didn’t know what he wanted to talk to me about.

“So when we go to work with the military you have to call me Master, that you already know but there is more. Don’t talk to most people in the military unless they talk to you, when you respond keep it short. Since you legally are mine, they cant hurt or touch you like how military slaves can get treated. Of course there will be people who will be nice to you since they know me, you can talk with them just fine. Stick with me and don’t get involved in stuff that has nothing to do with us and we will be fine.” he told me.

“So when do we leave?” I asked.

“I like your ambition Lin, tomorrow morning we head out. So are you scared about this job, if you are then you can tell me.” I was told.

“A little but I have you with me and I am mostly looking forward to this job right now, I might change my mind after we see it.” I responded.

“Yeah, I don’t know what this thing is but honestly we might both piss our pants when we see it. Only one way to find out.” he then finished.

He got up and opened one of the many small doors under the counter then went to turn on the stove top and nothing happened but a low repeated sound. Then he went back to the storage under the counter and after a few seconds had a large white tank in his hand.

“I forgot to check this earlier, the propane is out so i need to get this refilled. Its a new tank so I don’t need to buy a new one for awhile, do you know what I’m talking about?” I was asked.

“No, but you know that.” I told him while looking away pouting.

“Okay ill stop teasing you, ill explain it simply. Crude oil is taken from the sea floor then processed into gasoline, diesel and propane. Propane is used more for household use and forklifts while boats, cars and power production uses gas or diesel.” he told me and I looked back at him. I didn’t know what a fork lift was but I didn’t need to ask since it didn’t matter.

“Where are the fuel tanks and power plant in the city?” I asked.

“Every city has the power plant and tanks in different places in case the city is attacked so its not easy to take the power out. I know there are 2 large diesel tanks so they can just switch tanks while the other is refueled. Now lets stop this boring conversation, I need to get the tank refilled then we have the rest of the day.” he told me then he left the house. I stayed home since our last walk was very eventful and sat in the chair in front of the tv, and waited for Dan to return.

It took 40 minutes and I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, I never fell asleep then Dan eventually came back and put back the tank. Then he left again and told me to stay put and after 20 minutes he walked in with a weird tube with 2 straight rubber coated polymer pistol grips and a metal rod that was bigger on one end. Some of the tube had a plastic cover on it and the rod has some wood sub paper around it near one end.

“What are those?” I asked.

“A rpg launcher and a dummy training rocket, I’m going to train you how to use it. Now grab the rear pistol grip with your right hand and the front grip with your left then put the end over you shoulder.” I was told after I got up and grabbed the launcher. The plastic cover was on my shoulder and the side mounted sights lined up perfectly with my right eye, the trigger was on the front grip. It was heavy but the way it sat on top of my shoulder meant the weight was spread out evenly.

“Now keep this cap on and load the rocket in the front then you have to cock the hammer on the back of the front grip. Make sure that metal key on the rocket fits in the little cut out on the launcher.” I did as instructed. By key he meant a small piece of metal on the rocket that made sure I loaded the rocket in the right position since there was a little notch on the front of launcher on the top. I made sure to line them up so it fit in properly.

“Now take off the cap on the rocket and fire.” I took off the cap and fired. Nothing happened then I gave it back to him then he unloaded the dummy and recapped it. Then he put them on the kitchen table and picked me up so I was on his lap while he sat in front of the tv.

“Now the back has a conical back blast that will kill anything behind it so treat both ends as dangerous. Also always fire outside with nothing behind you that you care about, now about the safety cap. The main explosive itself is still in tact when the rocket motor launches the rpg. The primary charge has an impact detonator on the front with no time delay. so with out the safety cap on just hitting the front of the rocket on anything will cause it to explode whether its loaded or not so that’s why the cap stays on until its loaded. Even then don’t fall face forward with a loaded rocket since that will also set it off.” Dan told me then patted my head.

“This sounds unsafe to use.” I told him.

“Correct, its just as dangerous to the user but now some final information. The sight is adjustable from 660 feet to 1640 feet roughly and if nothing is hit after 3120 feet it will set itself off. That safety feature has some creative ways its been repurposed and best accuracy is at 660 or less. Now wait again while I put everything back on the boat.” I was told and I got up so he could leave. After a minute he returned then I asked one more question.

“Is there a safety for the trigger on the launcher and why is there paper on the rocket?” I ask since I was not told about one and couldn’t find one my self.

“No, not on what I bought but some do. Most however don’t have safety’s and that’s normal.” he responded. That’s great, what else could go wrong on this thing.

“The fins that help stabilize the rocket are there and once you fire the wood sub card board is burned away and the fins deploy. Also the launcher is about 16 pounds itself, but you probably already figured that out.” he then finished answering my last question and told me one more thing that I already figured out.

I sat on the floor and Dan told me something I was happy about “So I want us to eat better and I’m sick of canned meat. Also I want to eat more since I’m hungry near the end of the day since we eat once a day and its half a can of meat. I’m 26 and would like to eat better food finally and I think you agree.”.

“Yes!! I would love that since while I’ve gotten used to it I’m sick of canned meat and going to bed a little hungry granted vodka helps with that. You do spend money on vodka and some other kinda none essential stuff, but not many. I know that fuel, guns and more are needed for our work I’m not criticizing you for that.” I told him.

“Your not wrong but I like vodka and don’t drink to often so I’m not concerned about my non essential spending, plus I also do have insurance I pay for to help with boat repairs and other cost you don’t know about. And I do pay taxes as well so that’s fun to deal with, still I want better and more food and I do plan to work on that but for now what we eat is not changing.” he responded.

“I’m used to it so I wont cry but I’m looking forward to it changing.” I told him.

We then spent the rest of the day doing maintenance checks on the boat and inspecting the turret and our guns. My rifle was being brought with us and it had a spare sling added to it, Dan was going to bring his own Kalashnikov as well. We had the recently bought rpg and its rockets plus our side arms. I had to remember to bring my new knife as well, this was a serious job up ahead. The last thing we did was take the laundry out of the bathroom and put it in our rooms, I folded mine but Dan didn’t. We then went to sleep and I was happy I got to sleep with him tonight, we didn’t have sex but still. We both just slept in our under wear but he told me to take my bra off, he did touch them a bit but that was it. We had a busy next few days ahead of us, I was going to prove what I told to myself was true. I can change and our walk today was proof, I pulled my gun and threatened him. I shot the other guy instead of being a victim and begging, plus I acted all on my own with no order from Dan. He did help me after but that was fine, I still moved in the right direction today and I could get better.

 

 

1