CHAPTER 56
103 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The eyes, that thing kept watching but never moved.” one of the saved crew was repeating over and over again.

“What are you talking about?” Kelly asked. I opened my eyes and looked out of curiosity.

“When the wave knocked the ship over, we fell in the water and there was squid fish every where in the bloody water. It was terrifying but once I saw that fish I froze for a second, it was larger then the squids but had huge glowing eyes. It didn’t move at all, I don’t know what it was doing but I don’t want to know.” he told us while I could hear the fear in his voice.

“I saw for a second a similar fish, It went under and I didn’t care to think about it at the time.” I spoke up and added.

“Whatever it was it never attacked so its fine, calm down. You fell in dangerous waters but made it out alive.” she assured him.

“How long was the battle?” I asked. I had no idea how much time had passed, guess I didn’t think about it.

“Just over an hour, felt a lot shorter for you didn’t it. You got up after panicking and you were full of energy to fight, you defiantly were scared as well. We all were but you went to fight mode fast, something was triggered by either the artillery or creature. For some it felt way longer than an hour.” she told me as she walked over.

“Good job today.” I heard as she patted my shoulder.

“Thanks, also is my Master still busy? I want to see him.” I responded.

“Don’t worry you will see him later, he has to do stuff.” I was told.

“Then I will go up to him.” I told her as I tried to get up but barley could lift myself off the floor.

“You need to rest right now, so don’t move.” she told me. I couldn’t really move so I didn’t argue with her, then one of the crew of the other ship spoke to me.

“I’m petty officer first class Liam Walsh and shes is sergeant Lilith Byrne. Finally the short girl there is petty officer third class Grace Mccarthy, Thanks for saving us.” he told me.

“Your welcome, sorry about the one we left.” I responded.

“Its okay, we would all be dead most likely if we stayed for her. There was 12 people and only 3 survived, as the one in charge of the ship It doesn't feel right to still be alive while most of my crew is dead. Still our boat wasn’t fast enough so nothing we could do about it.” he told me while looking ashamed.

“I’m not that short!” Grace yelled out.

“I would love to show my thanks with some girl on girl but your master wouldn’t approve, still I can imagine what that would be like.” I was told by Lilith.

My face went red, she laughed as I looked away. I didn’t know how to respond so I waited a few seconds, “You don’t want to be my little kitty?” she asked.

“Stop it!!” I yelled at her, she was still laughing.

“Your such a pervert, sorry about her.” Grace told me.

Finally I heard Dan call me up and I managed to get up, I saw that Doyle was either asleep or had his eyes closed with no interest in this conversation. After going to the second floor I went to Dan near the kitchen, he patted my head and I smiled.

“Good girl, you did great today. Even Doyle respected you, I should have told you about how loud those ship mounted guns are. Still you got up and fought great, I was also terrified being near that thing.” he told me then picked me up. He took off my shoes then put me on the bed, I was told to rest for now.

Then Kelly came up and talked about the fleets next plan, we would return to the half circle formation and head back. Doyle and every one else was still down stairs talking, well 3 of them were. I just relaxed and I felt the boat move and we were heading back, Dan and Kelly continued to talk about navigation and formation stuff.

I felt proud with how I fought, after the battle ended I was so overwhelmed I wasn’t even thinking about what made me get up. Finally I felt like I was done with that part of my past, I know I can’t forget the memories. Still I could accept what happened knowing why I acted as I did, but I was done being helpless. I would fight and work with Dan here in the empire, I was so happy right now.

We were moving for a while when suddenly the boat stopped, I was mostly rested at this point so I got up. As I walked to Dan I thought something was wrong, I ran to the front where him and Kelly were terrified. I asked what was happening then Kelly told me “The Sea Food Deluxe just moved up suddenly, its still fine but we know what happened.”.

The ship was hit from underneath again moving up barley but still moving, then the rear of an identical creature rose up from the water. The mouth approached the deck and it was hard to see anything but we could barley make out the deck mounted harpoon guns being damaged on the port side. Then the large gun on top of the cockpit slowly moved and aimed at the creature, aiming at a target that close to the ship was dangerous but still.

The large gun fired, chunks flew everywhere landing on the deck and in the water around the ship. Blood was all over the deck and luckily the ship wasn’t damaged still I cant imagine the pressure of firing that shot.

Dan told me to get ready to fight again and to refill the rocket back pack, telling me the cargo bay had the rockets. I rushed but made sure to get everything and finally got back on the deck, Grace helped by attaching the strap to my vest. Lilith headed to the turret while Dan gave a quick overview to her, Liam had found a spare vest like mine and fitted it to him. He had a rifle while also being strapped to the ship, I had the only portable radio so we would share. I had to remember to not have the back of the launcher aimed at him when I fired, I asked why he was out here with me.

“I have to help fight since I lost most of the people under my command, I wont sit and do nothing.” he told me, his face was a combination of anger and determination.

“Okay, lets work together then. Be careful you don’t die from back blast, ill remember that I cant fire as easily.” I told him and he nodded.

 

1