CHAPTER 58
113 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On our way to eat I asked what happened to Doyle since Lilith took his role after the second one showed up.

“He had a panic attack when the second showed and shut down, rather then yell at him and force him to get back out once I heard what happened to him. I had Kelly ask Lilith to take over, Liam asked to go out and help. I approved him helping you then told him where all the gear was, he already knew what to do. Honestly he didn’t make much of a difference but I knew he wanted to fight since he felt bad for losing most of his crew. He didn’t get in the way and it all worked out.” he answered then after a second he continued.

“I never told you good job after the second fight, sorry about that. A lot happened and I just stopped talking unless needed, I didn’t mean to ignore you. You got right back out there and fought without any hesitation and didn’t stop fighting or shut down at all. You kept going till it dropped even when we were really close at some points, I’m very proud to own a slave like you.” he told me then patted my head. I smiled finally and cheered up, I knew since there was lots of people around he finished what he said with to own a slave like you.

“Thank you Master.” I continued then we entered the eating area, I didn’t know what to call it but I was hungry. There was certain times listed for serving luckily they just started, we walked in.

We entered a large room with metal tables and benches, the back wall had serving tables with food either on trays or plates. We entered and nobody looked at us luckily, I don’t know why but it felt weird to be eating here even if we can. We took metal trays with 3 separate sections and walked up to get food, Dan told me get what I wanted. Fish, meat, bread, fruits, vegetables and more options to eat, it wasn’t the best quality but still better then what I’ve been having so far. I took some fish that was freshly cooked then bread, I haven't had fresh bread in a long time. On the way to earth I had preserved bread but it sucked, then since I landed here I didn’t get any at all.

Dan sat down at an empty table then I went there and sat next to him, we both ate and didn’t talk at all. This food tasted great and I loved it, it was the best I had in a while except for that restaurant. I also was hungry as well so that helped, it wasn’t until we finished that we spoke.

“That was good, even if its cheaply prepared I don’t care.” he said to me.

Then a man came over to our table to eat and talked to Dan as he sat, “Hello there.”.

“General Finley.” Dan responded.

“Glad you made it, heard the fight was tough” he responded.

“Yeah, it was.” Dan’s voice lowered as he talked, I looked away.

“Dan’s slave, whats your name?” Finley asked.

“Lin.” I told him and looked back up.

“Thank you for saving who you could, you to Dan.” he told us.

“Thanks.” I said as my voice lowered. Dan didn’t even respond and looked away.

“Anyways, how did you get her?” Dan was asked. After a few seconds he spoke again and stopped looking away.

“She was a bargain slave they deemed worthless, she is not at all and she has been great to have.” he then patted my head. This cheered me up and I now had interest in the conversation.

“Well slavers sometimes don’t know what a slave can do, they have one purpose in mind and if they wont learn or conform it they give up. Still she was saved from a worse fate, if she wasn’t deemed worthless her life would be different.” he finished talking about me then asked him about politics.

“Did you hear about that one senator who always causes problems, he did something that pissed off farmers.” Dan was asked.

“I’ve heard of him, don’t know his name but I know he wants a civil war really bad.” he responded.

“Don’t know his name either but he proposed having the government take over and run all farms in the Empire, he was the only one to say this and it would never happen but word spread. Almost every farmer and factory farm owner sent a letter saying they would rather burn there farms. They would kill all live stock as well and watch the Empire starve if this every happened, the senate calmed things down. They took turns hold down that one senator and signed a letter saying this would never happen and begging them not to reduce food production. Then they beat that senator until his blood was on the letter, they let the blood dry and photo copied it so they could mail a copy to all farmers.” we were told.

“Yeah, they don’t want food riots again since they remember the stories where people targeted wealthy senators and those in power. Breaking in there homes to steal food and other stuff, beating them. Also there was the one senator who was walking around at the wrong time then acted like a stuck up bitch to the mob. She was stripped naked then tied to a pole and tarred then they carried her around while rioting until she was tossed in the street and drowned.” Dan responded.

“You were only a child when they broke out.” Dan was told.

“yeah I was 11, I later learned this was the second time it happened. I hid during the riots as I was scared and I was still relatively new to not having a home.” he told Finley.

“Also we have the best food production ability, that gives us so much power and if we lose that we can’t trade at such an advantage.” Finley responded.

“We can get so much stuff in exchange for so little food and in the case of people on the crater, desalinized water. In some areas food is one of the most valuable resources, literally worth more then gold. We cant lose this ability if we want to maintain power.” Dan continued.

“I’m not sure how he doesn't know that and how the farmers hold so much power, he is the only senator from a newer faction. Granted he lied to get elected and wont be re elected so there not going any where, he is unpopular and he lied to gain power.” Dan was told.

“Other senators are shit but they don’t hide there goals or who they are since they know people will see through them. He actually tried to lie and the result is what was expected, what is there faction called?” Dan asked.

“Don’t know since there are only 2 families backing him and they are not big enough to really be naming themselves. There done as they start as they want to change this empire and not in a small way. Well everyone knows that wont end well, they have earned the name control freaks by people. That’s not what they call themselves but its there names now.” I wanted to ask where on Messis island these farms were but I didn’t want to that much so I remained silent.

He said good by and left after finishing his food and we went back to our boat, I was looking forward to being alone with him.

 

1