V1 Rewrite. Ch 10. The Last Stand
568 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I immediately joined up with Elina and Albert, and readied the naginata. We were looking into something approaching.

Because I have a much better vision than the humans', I saw the attackers from afar.

"There are wolves, and a lot of them!"

"Those are wolves?!" Elina almost shrieked when a greyish tide appeared in front of us.

The beasts were almost mindlessly rushing at us, allowing me to fully utilize the naginata's inherent 'slash-and-forget' attack.

With one slash I managed to cut 3 wolves at a time, but there was at least a hundred of them.

Because of my 'superior' skills I had to stay away from Elina and Albert. At the corner of my eyesight I noticed that they stood back to back, and were repelling the wolves.

After several attempts at biting me, the beasts realized that I am too armored for their teeth, and concentrated on the adventurers. I tried to draw away some of the creatures, but I was not killing them fast enough to be of much help.

"FUJI! RUN!" Albert started shouting when he saw that the wolves barely care about me.

[The fight is already lost... Well, we might as well all go down in a fiery blaze.]

I used my entire kitsune arsenal: the tiny fires that barely concerned the wolves, and the naginata which was somehow killing one of two unlucky wolves.

"HAAA!" Elina's scream reached me through the fur wall.

Even though they are a constant headache, the voice of the 'Rogues' ' distress made my blood boil.

[That is so weird... Just why am I getting anxious from that much...?]

My anxiety was somewhat eased when I noticed that they are still holding on, despite wounds. But it was only temporary.

As more and more wolves charged at the meaty adventurers, I was given some free space to flee, or to do something crazy.

[Will they even accept me having those otherworldly powers? I'm not an isekai novel protagonist to be just outright accepted as something normal, even though I split mountains with a spit.

But if I won't use the shipgirl powers, they are as good as dead...]

Fuji, run away while you still can!” [Elina, I am sorry, but I shall not.]

“Fuji, damn you, stop this struggle! Run away, save yourself!” [Albert, I am no longer running.]

JUST HOLD ON!

It was the time to summon the gear.


All 12 tiny aircraft were parked at the deck, and their engines started coughing.

VROOOM’ The first pair's engines reached the maximum RPM, and the aircraft accelerated towards the bow.

What is going on?!” Both Elina and Albert were shocked, as I made the history.

The battlefield will no longer be the same. Today, the war will change forever. And I am the herald of these changes.

Two flights of torpedo bombers spread out to bomb the lifes out of the wolves.

Bang-Bang-Bang

After my 3 tiny rifles fired, the wolves were shocked even more and started running away.

But even the combined bombing power of 3 flights would not be enough.

"Brave New World!" At my shout 2 more flights appeared.

As the wolves started scattering, the fighters herded them into a large group.

Ratatatatata

The strafes were making most of the wolves group even tighter into a large furcircle.

VROOOM

At that time, the flights of torpedo carpet bombers entered the final attack course.

The fighters too stopped attacking the outskirts of the wolves' group, and turned at the middle of the group.

Boom – Ratatatata

Bang-Bang-Bang

When the bombers were done, I prepared the flight deck.

The stupefied adventurers were just watching how the carnage unfolded.

'Fshhhh'

As the amount of aircraft on the deck increased, the advantages of the angled flight deck became even more prominent. The torpedo bombers were landing one by one, while the landed ones were being rearmed. There was no time to fuel them, as I threw the aircraft back into the fight ASAP.

Mostly my role on the field was now to command the aircraft and coordinate their actions. By this point there was no need for me to actually participate in the fight, since the rifles were at most wounding few beasts with their accuracy and firepower. Unlike the aircraft.

What is happening?” Elina was the first to come back to her senses.

“I will explain everything later. Right now, you are better go bandage your wounds.”

Just a glance at the adventurers' shocked expressions was enough to make me wonder if we would even be capable to keep travelling together, not to mention just fooling around like we did before.

But I couldn't keep on thinking about it, not when every minute I had a new aircraft land and sortie. Not when I had the entire ATC duties on me. Not when I had to plot courses for the attacks and returns.


Finally, the wolves were either eradicated or ran away.

After the last plane landed and was stored in my hangar, I faced Elina and Albert.

Ask.

What are you?” (E)

“Fuji is Fuji.” I cannot outright tell them that I am a ship. It is better to let them think that I am some sort of a mage. At least they would understand it, if it is put in that way.

“You are you, but what was that flat board? What were those birds? What was making those flashes?” (A)

I summoned my deck again and deployed an A1N.

“I am an aircraft carrier. Meaning, I can summon those little guys.” I pointed at the fighter.

"Erhm..." (E)

"Let us talk about this later. We all might use some rest..." For now I decided to let them think about what happened and to have some rest.

I left them to their own thoughts and went to search for a better observation spot. The aircraft require time to refuel and reload.

Ding

You received 230 copper coins, 15 upgrade points, 3 B1M torpedo bombers group, Type 11 LMG (Main Gun), Type 99 (Secondary Gun), 1 weapon point


IJN Fuji – CV. Level  1/7. (Upgrade cap 40)

FP – 5

AA – 3

AV – 5

RD – 3

AC – 15

  Aircraft groups  
Fighters - A1N Torpedo bombers - B1M Dive bombers
Installed - 1 of 8 Installed - 5 of 16 Uninstalled - 0 of 6
Main Gun Type 11 LMG
Secondary Guns 3 Type 99 Rifle (4 Max)
Anti-aircraft Guns 0 Installed (8 Max)

I closed my eyes and let the wind flow through my hair. I ceased to think, and just stood motionless on a small cliff.

[Maybe I should write a haiku.]

22