V1 Rewrite. Ch 59. Final countdown
323 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After we have convinced Kasumi to join us, it was the time to go back home and continue messing around with the king and the country.

For me and my maids it was a pleasure to finally go back, for Kasumi it was much harder.

“I lived here ever since I was born. After the others died or were killed, I was alone. W-will you take care of me, Kakka?” I did not dig into her past too much to avoid unnecessary emotions.

[I’d rather make her go away as fast as possible, than to let her wander around absent-mindedly. She will overcome any nostalgia but first I should drag her out of here.]

Kasumi! Stop walking around, will you?!” First, instead of packing her belongings, she was wandering around aimlessly and watching the cherry trees. While the maids were already done with packing whatever we had and were ready to go back to the ship, and ready to help the clutz miko with her own things.

That is if the miko in question even tried to be of help. The more she continued wandering, the more I was thinking of her as a nuisance.

But then I wished she was just walking around. After some nagging from my side Kasumi did start gathering what she wanted to take. She tried dragging all of her furniture, she tried cutting down trees to take them with her, she tried taking the entire damned house with us.

We were doing whatever we could to prevent her from doing the crazy things. The fight went on and on, and I felt like it was the time to face the consequences of the prolonged neutrality of mine.

[I have to convince her to let this place be, otherwise I’ll have to tie her and drag with us like a carpet. Perhaps even in a carpet.]

While Kasumi was dragging a large chest, I patted her shoulder. It was enough to temporarily make her stop packing the miko trinkets.

Kakka, w-what can I do for you?” She bowed and was already starting to return to the grabbing the entire house, like a crow.

Kasumi, can you please bestow some of your attention to me?” I said that with deliberate sarcasm.

F-forgive me, Kakka!” Kasumi prostrated herself and now was ready to listen.

“We have no time to gather ALL of your things, we already postponed our return for two days, just for your sake. I am very disappointed in you. Take what is necessary and let us finally get going!”

[That might be harsh, but considering how lenient I was…]

I n-need all of these! I require them for r-rituals!” She was too reluctant to let her past go and that was the last attempt I would make to stop her peacefully.

The next would be to burn it all down and knock the miko unconscious.

“I understand, your past is more important than me…” The bait was thrown, right in front of the fish.

[I hope she's a fish, not a swine. I don't want my bait being turned into pearls.]

Kakka, please…” (K)

Choose. I am tired of you making me wait. Either just stop pestering me with your gather, or finally move out of this place!

W-why… I l-love yu fo muf! Why do yu do wis to me?!” She started crying and hugged me. She was hurt by my words but I should continue the scum line I've already chosen. There was no place for mercy. No matter how bad I feel for making a girl weep, the consequences of letting her be would be much worse. Moreover, either I continue pushing her and drag her away, or I will have to carry the damned house.

Meanwhile, I had my first spectators.

“Master, I understand that you like to tease people…” Grace looked at me with condemn. I even do share the sentiment. But...

“Grace, would you like to stay here for another week?” She pretended she never saw anything.


After I made the girl cry, our preparations went so much faster… The next morning we finally left the temple. The miko was dragged by two specifically designated for it Grace and Benet. The rest of us had to carry our luggage…

On our way back to the ship we were going to pass by a forest. When we were close, my gut told me that something is just bound to happen. After all, my sixth sense was already trained to feel the incoming adventures.

Soon something came out of the depths of the forest, a huge body slowly dragged itself to the clearing. It was long, almost a snake-like body with four long limbs. The creature's neck was decorated with golden ornaments and its mane had a long purple hair, tied into many braids. A dragon, a huge oriental dragon with glimmering white scales was looking at us, but for now it didn’t attack.

The maids hid behind me, while Kasumi stood by my side.

'Is it sapient?' I whispered to her.

'What?' She whispered back.

'Can it understand our speech?'

'Yes, it is wise and strong. I am ready to follow your lead, Kakka.' She was speaking confidently, very unlike her normal speech.

'Is there a way to make it go away?'

Kasumi appeared to be in thought, albeit for a moment. The miko rushed towards Willow and pulled a bag off the maid's shoulder.

Immediately, I saw a huge pile of miko trinkets.

"Oh, Great Protector, we plead you, bestow us your mercy." Kasumi started dancing, and immediately attracted the dragon's attention.

While the Bollywood scene continued, I was just enjoying the slim waist and petite figure of the dancer.

The miko was not only dancing, she was also singing chanting. Honestly, I had no idea what her chants were for, but the dragon was not looking like it was against it.

It took almost 10 minutes of Kasumi's dance to make the dragon turn away and disappear in the forest. Kasumi stopped dance only after it was out of our view.

"Now, what the hell was that?"

"One of the rituals. Sometimes the mikos are required to pacify the Great Beasts. We bestow our gods' blessings and divine power to make the Great Beasts leave the humans be." Kasumi croaked. The girl was much more tired than one would expect from a short dance.

[Well, she doesn't appear to have an idol's training, so it is to be expected.]

Out of pity I had to carry Kasumi on my shoulders all the way to the carrier and up to the deck. She might be light, but after that I did like a few dozens of shuttles to drag all our belongings…

7