V1 Rewrite. Ch 95. Searching for the light
77 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ever since my army entered the demon territory I was sure that I will not face a lot of resistance. Of course it was only because I already crushed the main force of the enemy.

While there were skirmishes here and there, mostly the army was dealing only with the dangerous wildlife. The pace of our advance was not affected, because I set up air patrols to search for any possible threats. Whatever was not bombed into oblivion would be weak enough to be dealt with by the vanguard of the army.

However, the amount of activities required was also taking a toll on me.

“Fuji, should we have some rest? Ever since you decreased the amount of stops we all have fewer opportunities for rest. T

If you don't want to rest yourself, then think of the army that is getting tired of walking.” Elina stopped me when I was done sending a new patrol.

“It is in our best interests to hurry and end this war.”

“And it is in our best interests to have your army ready to fight. I’d be surprised if there are any adventurers amongst the soldiers. Unlike us, mad lads who travelled the continent far and wide, the majority of those people are not used to that much walking. I swear I heard some of them silently praying to gods that you will just stop to launch some planes.” (E)

I turned towards the soldiers and… Well, they could use some time resting.

Sorry, guys. I did not pay attention to my surroundings…” I apologized to the soldiers while keeping my best ‘embarrassed’ face.

I was not actually feeling bad about them. The army may be consisting of drafted peasants, but it was still an army with me commanding it. The soldiers were somewhat reverent of me, especially because I was doing most of the work, and now that I am showing how kind I am, the amount of prayers to myself would also increase.

But aside from my selfish interests, I also had to actually consider our state. The tired army was an obstacle in itself, so I followed Elina's suggestion.

After I declared a short rest everyone just sat or lied on the ground, including Elina and Kasumi. The maids were also lying, but they lied down on me.

"What a bliss..." The tired miko was playing with beads, while watching little planes taxi on my flight deck.

"Who could've thought you will be this tired." Throughout our march Kasumi never did any kind of a hard work. At most she was jumping around in the so-called dances, relieving the soldiers' fatigue. Not through her priest powers, but through the occasionally showing silky skin.

Surprisingly, the one who was actually working all the time, Elina, was mostly fine. Only her slightly reddened cheeks and unsteady breathing were giving out her fatigue.

"Mommy, feed me!" I waved to Elina, and before she could show me her fist, a baby bottle appeared in front of my face.

"Thanks...?" I took the bottle from Grace, and put it away ASAP.

When my eyes returned to Elina, I saw how she sneered at me.

"Not funny."

"You sure? Could it be that my little fox bastard wants to be fed by me~?" Despite my pouting of disapproval, Elina continued sneering.

"You know what? Go ahead!" I sat in seiza, and prepared to be fed.

I was expecting Elina to at least try boiling over it, but just as many times before it, soon I noticed her approaching. With the baby bottle...

Before I could run away, Grace and Willow grabbed my hands and pinned me down, while gloating Mommy Elina was exaggeratedly slowly bringing the bottle closer to my face.

"KA-KASUMI! SAVE ME!"

"May the Gods take pity on your soul..." She put her palms together, and innocently smiled at me.

[AMITABHA, MY A*! WHERE DID YOUR LOVE AND LOYALTY TO ME GO?!]

I was saved in the last moment, when we were called out by a soldier.

The four disappointed girls sighed, and three of them glared at the messenger with murderous intent.

“My liege, there is a person in a weird outfit. The person looks like one of your servants.” He pointed at my maids and that was enough for me to hurry there.


I passed from the rear to the front of the army column. I was jumping over soldiers who lied on the ground, I was jumping through crowds of people and squeezing between those who were standing.

When I finally reached the person in question, I was concerned with what happened and why she is alone.

“Greeting, Master. I beg your forgiveness for my cowardice.” A blue-haired maid prostrated in front of me.

I never thought I would see you again.” I was close to forgiving her but my inner self was still disappointed.

“I am ready to accept any punishment.” (B)

“Why did you return? I thought you wanted to leave me with Rin.”

[Speaking of whom, I am yet to find her.]

“I had a lot of time to look at what is going on. After all this time I realized that Master was doing her best to end the war, not to fuel it.”

[While I am happy to see her return, I am still feeling that something is off with her apologies.]

Why did you return?” I continued probing her in hopes of finding the real cause.

“Master is too paranoid, that is understandable. After I saw the world from a bystander’s perspective I was no longer misguided by my own perception. I saw that Master was gathering the humanity with greater good in mind, not to mention that you want to stop the vile demons from killing everyone. I am here to return to my duties and help you achieve your goals.” She knelt and put her hand on her chest.

I accepted her return and hugged her. She is weirdo but I at least wanted to believe that she is not lying, not that any of my maids can be an actual threat to me.

“Do you know what happened to Rin?” It was a good time to start searching for the yandere maid. If Benet decided to return, then perhaps Rin is also willing to do the same.

“I am sorry, I cannot be of help here, right after we ejected we parted our ways.” Something was not right but I let it slide for now. First I needed to make sure Benet won’t leave me for now, while I am searching for Rin.

"Looks like we will need to search further. Let's go back to the others. Our lines may have dwindled, but we still have work to do. Especially the maid who was neglecting her duties for too long."


When we returned to the rest of my companions Benet was knocked down by two girl bodies. While the fairies were catching up, I made my way towards Kasumi with a specific request.

Kasumi, my cute little beloved Kasumi, do you remember how you did not help me~? I give you a good chance to redeem yourself~. Do your miko magic and search for any clues regarding Rin, the red-haired servant.” I had a good reason to believe that Kasumi has some kind of prediction abilities, which is why I hoped she can at least find something about Rin’s whereabouts.

Y-yes! I will ask the gods!” (K)

For now I had to hurry and knock into the demon king’s door, punch him a couple of times because he is the reason I did not see my maids for so long, and get my Rin back.

0