V1 Rewrite. Ch 100. One last thing
110 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite my ultimate success at establishing myself as a cheat character whose will can make entire nations kneel, and despite having a small harem of loyal girls, I was still not satisfied. All because there was this one little fairy, who died way too young.

It took me 4 months to find the clues about Rin's murderer.

Without telling a word to my wives and maids, I slipped out of the palace, and travelled to faraway lands, a few hundred kilometers away.

The last traces of the criminal scum were the remnants of a caravan camp on the way to the Gru empire. This determined my following course of actions.


I thought that because I have enough information to trace the murderer, I would also be having enough information to have the entire empire hunt down the troublemakers. Of course, only to the point where they would have nowhere to run to, giving me a good opportunity to act like a punisher.

When I reached the Gru capital, every single one of its inhabitants knew that it was me coming. Just because I was stupid enough to accidentally reveal myself on the way…

However, the ruckus I created also let me get the audience with the emperor within minutes after I stepped in his palace. I was immediately led to the emperor’s office and could immediately start talking about the goal of my arrival.

“Are you not too unexpected, Goddess? Why would you need to come here the same year we met the last time?” The emperor was writing something, but he was frequently raising his eyes off the papers.

“To be short, I think the ones who murdered my servant months ago are currently here, and I want your cooperation on finding and punishing them.”

“Punishing? What a mundane Goddess you are, to think you would care so much about us, mortals, that you are here to do law enforcement.” Even though he was way more sarcastic than I would like him to, I pretended I didn’t care.

“So, can I expect your help?

“But of course. My personal help, or you would be talking to my marshal about it?” The emperor pulled a blank sheet, and started writing something. I was waiting for him to finish, but at some point he stopped, and glanced back at me.

So?” (F)

“I think I would be satisfied with just the marshal.” The emperor grinned at my words, and continued writing. Then he stamped the letter, and called for a servant to guide me to the military ministry.


After stirring up the empire, I only needed to wait for the good news. My super-accurate data was enough to start slowly narrowing down the search area, until one day a patrolling aircraft found a caravan, highly resembling the one described in the clues I had.

Even though the murderer knew I am searching for them, they did not even try to hide. Moving along deserted paths far away from the main roads does not count.

When all was set for the trap, I initiated the execution of plan ‘Roasted bastards’.

I, the murderer(s), and a regiment of Gru Palace Guards clashed together in an uneven battle with the numerical advantage of 10 to 1. Truly, seeing every criminal scum being kicked by a dozen guards was satisfying.

After all of the participants had their share of fun or broken ribs, we gathered all of the criminals in the same spot and I proceeded with the interrogation.

“Which one of you has killed a fairy this year?”

Birds chirping, and crickets buzzing

Nobody? And nobody needs legs?

Birds did chirp, but only until somebody’s leg was cut off

I went on with the execution, until the criminals started pointing out one of them.

It’s him! Yes, him!

He was the one who caught a fairy!

We have nothing to do with him!

As a matter of fact, this merciful Me delivered a swift and painless justice, in form of a short, and totally not redundant, test of how leather armor fares against the naginata.

And because I am completely merciful, the rest of the poor accomplices were to be thrown into the deepest oubliette.

When I was about to start wiping off the blood, the time stopped.

I blinked and found myself in a white room.

“You look like you are enjoying yourself.” I saw that God once again, and couldn’t help wondering.

“Why did you summon me?”

“Because, if you remember, I offered you a chance to try something else when you are satisfied. What do you think about trying something else? Something entirely new?” Even though living here was nice and fun, I felt like I achieved all I could achieve. I felt bored of living a lavish royal life.

I guess… why not? After I finish one last thing…”

“Of course, whenever you are ready.”

I headed back home, to bid farewell to my lovely Mommy and wives.

Announcement
I will start posting the V4 either three days later, or, if everything goes south, the next Thursday.
0