V4. Ch 4. The oddball battleship
98 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ground shook from my opening shots.

Albeit I lacked in the main guns department in comparison with my previous shipgirl personas, I still had more than enough to crush a puny fort.

The range was less than 5 kilometers, so my main concern was how to make the shots arc enough, not how to hit. Instead of dealing with it in the usual way of spamming the ‘fire’ button, I proceeded with loading my 330mm guns each with different amount of powder.

Even though there were just 3 barrels in total, that was enough to succeed on the first try.

One of the shells exploded inside the fort. However, nothing happened.

The ‘nothing’ not in the sense that nothing exploded, but because there was no reaction. There were no alarms and no people running to the walls.

To my greatest regret, there were no aerial assets to scout or correct my fire from above.

Ah, whatever.

BOOM BOOM BOOM

While the 330mm were reloading, I started firing the 203mm guns that were in higher numbers.

I used the same firing arc and downscaled amount of gunpowder, but every shell missed or exploded outside.

The fort was not in any way a hard target, but I was not used to the guns too. But unlike the fort, I didn’t have any need to be concerned.

DAKKA! MOAR DAKKA!

BOOM BOOM BOOM

BOOM BOOM BOOM

BANG Bang BANG BANG Bang Bang Bang BANG

The main difference I had with my previous shipgirl personas, I had A LOT OF GUNS. A LOT OF GUNS means I can rain shells on anything, while completely ignoring the amount of shells I spend and the accuracy I have.

Small and large explosions were slowly disassembling the fort.

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!” And while the firepower clugged my head, I forgot to check on the surroundings.

I only noticed that I was not alone when my shoulder was poked with a finger.

When I looked behind, I saw that there was a little less than a hundred unshaved guys in rags and looted armor. Neither of them looked friendly.

Surrender.” The one who poked me grinned, perhaps thinking that a battle mage who expended a ton of mana won’t be able to do anything to him.

Dude, you see that place?” I pointed at the fort.

“Well, I do. And so what?” The bandit was taken aback.

Man, don’t you think that it’s not something you’d want to try on yourself?

Just to remind them that it’s not something they can deal with, I fired a 203mm.

BOOM

Now that I think about it…” Slowly, the bandits started backing away. The process accelerated when I aimed the guns at them.

Even without knowing what those are, they did see what those little turrets and matchstick barrels can do.

H-have a pleasant day…” The bandit took off the bandana thing that was so dried that it was like a hat.


“What a wonderful tribute I see.” It all was stopped by the suddenly appearing foxgirl.

She appeared like a ghost, and right after they noticed her, the bandits suddenly became agitated.

My successful diplomatic resolution was about to be nullified, but then I remembered that those guys are scum, and can be exploded whenever I wanted.

I like your thinking~.” The loli kitsune grinned, and her canines appeared to be fleered at the bandits.

While every bandit stopped backing away, one of them even decided to step forward, towards the certain goddess.

You little…!” While the bandit was going towards her, I decided to check him.

Mob Character 1989
Status: Taunted

Boy, you better surrender and hand yourself over to the authorities.” For a second I felt like I knew what the fox wanted, so I played along.

As if I care what you want!” The bandit spat in my direction, and continued approaching the little brown ball of fluff.

What appears to be a brown ball of fluff, because the moment he stretched out his hand to grab her, he suddenly stopped.

And the next second he fell down headless.

Nobody saw Akagi-sama even move, but I noticed the blood on her fan.

Ufu-fu, you all are tad too pathetic to touch this majestic Akagi-sama. Deal with them however you want, I will be going forward.” (A)

The baby-like monster slowly walked towards the fort, or rather towards what was further behind it, while I ordered the horrified bandits to go surrender themselves to some guards/knights/adventurers.

I let them go on their own, since every one of them had ‘Daunted’ in their status.

When I caught up to the goddess, she was sitting in front of a huge stone entrance, made right in the mountain.

It was the time to explore my first ever dungeon.

1