V4. Ch 6. First combat exercise
88 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Because a certain loli destroyed the entire dungeon, not only the monsters disappeared but also the loot.

Together with the two of the three main reasons one comes to a dungeon being obliterated, I was already expecting it to be even more boring, however, the moment I peeked in the next hall, I immediately dragged my head back.

There was a huge pile of gold, diamonds, and other wonderful things.

The pile was half-molten and was not in any refined condition, making it completely useless to me. If not for another pile of loot on top of it.

Psst, there is a dragon!’ I gestured at the huge brown lizard around the corner.

Good luck, kid~.’ The goddess shown me a thumb up, and disappeared, without even bothering with trying to help.

[Thank you… for everything…]

When I looked again, the dragon was still sleeping. I was thinking about sneaking towards it, and slaying it with one precise strike of the rapier, but something told me, that for the sake of advancement of the plot, it won’t work.

[Guns…? Guns? Guns! Not guns…]

When I was about to go trigger-happy, I remembered that this place might crumble on my head, deducting the leftover HP. Even though there was a huge hole above the dragon’s lair, the walls may still collapse from the blast wave of the secondary guns 200mm+, while anything less than that would, most likely, just scratch the lizard.


I tried praying to the god of luck, hoping that either the imaginary god of luck, or the real goddess of lolicons would help me. Then, I cautiously sneaked towards the dragon.

As one may expect, after a few steps the dragon opened its eyes, and stared at me.

RAAAAA!!!

BANG BANG

While the sleepy lizard was shouting at me, I applied some 100mm shells to its throat. Without waiting for it to recover, I charged ahead.

DRAGON SLAYING STRIKE!” I leaped to land on its neck and start piercing holes.

POM

SLAM

Before I reached it, midflight I got a collision with the dragon’s tail, which sent me flying into a wall.

RAAAAAAAA!!!

SHUT UP!

BANG BANG BANG BANG

I discharged a full quadruplet into the dragon’s head, and while the shell-shocked beast was violently shaking its head, I charged again.

POM

This time, I successfully withstood the tail strike, thanks to finding the mass control setting.

While the dragon was looking at my newly-increased gravity field, I fired at its wings.

BANG Bang Bang BANG BANG

My goal was to make it lose its ability to fly.

With the airburst rounds I managed to cut the membranes on the wings, which was immediately followed by another crazy rush.

TAKE THIS!

Pierce-Pierce-Pierce

RAAAAAAA!!!!!

The dragon went crazy from the pain, and started smashing everything around it. I noticed that the soft pile of jewelry below it was successfully slowing down its movements, giving me a brilliant idea. I just needed to melt it further...

FWOOSH

While I was avoiding the crazed beast’s wrath, I prepared to send some lyddite rounds below its belly.

Bang Bang Bang Bang

Seriously…?

The ‘main’ guns delivered an astonishing damage of ‘hiss’ on the gold, making both me and the dragon stop in place for a second to simply process the vast extend of the damage.

Then, it raised its head at me, and the next moment its entire expression conveyed that it was completely maddened.

RAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

POM

FWOOSH

PING

SLAM

BANG

I was barely managing to withstand the mad lizard’s power, while my HP pool was slowly drained. I have no idea how it even managed to become so strong from fury, but it was approaching the level when I was being cornered.

Dragon

Status: Berserk from having its gold touched.

Major Blessing of Wrath.

The last part suggested that something was wrong…

TO HELL WITH YOU!!!

BOOM BOOM BOOM

When my last idea on how to handle the dragon was gone, I simply fired the guns, hoping that the ceiling won’t crush me.

RUMBLE

Together with the dragon being barely harmed from my rash aim (and assured miss), the next ‘great’ even happened immediately.

CRASH


Kha-kha-kha…” When the dust somewhat settled, I looked around and saw that the both of us were buried under the stone and rubble.

However, then the dragon appeared to smirk, and opened its mouth again.

Then… it glowed…

[You can’t be serious…? WHERE ARE YOU, AKAGI-SAMA, OH GREAT AND MAGNIFICENT, WHEN YOU ARE NEEDED?!]

All I could hear in response was an ephemeral giggle of the loli kitsune.

Followed by the dragon’s fire breath…

Why did the MC lose?
  • She didn't consider that the dragon may be stronger and wasn't cautious. Votes: 2 22.2%
  • She was unlucky to face a cheat-like dragon. Votes: 2 22.2%
  • There was a certain fox goddess involved. Votes: 5 55.6%
Total voters: 9
2