V4. Ch 9. Shaping of the assistance
81 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For a while the fox goddess and the archangel were simply chatting about things that had no relation to our situation, rather they were just like girlfriends catching up after a long time.

Interfering with them was completely out of question, simply because they are a crazy fox and a winged torturing device.

After the two of them were done chatting about an unknown gods’ business, they finally proceeded with the topic of why this angel was even called for.

“Before I noticed, the Clock was taken away. Relying on that idiot can only bring us this far, so I need an assistance.” (A)

Sorry, but…” Before the angel could say anything, the loli stopped her with a gesture, and continued talking.

“This undemanding Akagi-sama does not need your own assistance. Can you just lend us an angel of your escort?”

“Absolutely. Nirna!” At the woman’s call, a ball of light materialized in the air, and formed into a teenager girl, whose outfit was barely different from her superior, the only difference was her nimbus being way smaller.

The angel girl performed what appeared to be a curtsy, and landed by the archangel with her head bowed.

Right at the landing, the little angel’s head was gripped by the even smaller kitsune. Akagi-sama tilted and turned the girl’s head, as if appraising her. When she was done, she made a noise of satisfaction, before letting go of the meek angel.

Now that I think about it… Bringing along an angel is such a pain… She would be a huge banner that says ‘we are here to do some good things’.” At the goddess’ words, the little angel bowed even more, now with using her back.

But…?” The archangel was once again about to say something, and was stopped again.

“I think we should be done in a year, or two. Just imagine: an entire year of having even more work to be done by yourself… While this little one is still considered to be following you…” The loli kitsune pinched the angel girl’s cheek and lightly shook.

The woman thought for a moment, before sighing.

“Very well. Nirna, do not forget that you are not here to rest.” The little angel made a 90° bow, and finally straightened her back.

When I could finally see the girl’s face, I immediately understood that this one is a true treasure, worth keeping.

And thus…~” The fox snickered at me, before putting the flute closer to her mouth.

However, before she could play anything, the archangel pulled the flute away. The two of them immediately started bickering back and forth, while the little girl trapped between them was making an expression of complete resignation and fear.

[Do you guys even need to argue…?]

“Yes.” (A)

Why…?

“Because…” This time, it was the archangel’s turn to shut the loli’s mouth.

“Akagi loves to solve things the first way that crosses her mind. Like calling for one crazy girl, who loves to chainsaw demons.” The two of them glared at each other.

And how are you planning to reincarnate this child? Without the Librarian it is impossible.” (A)

[Do you even need to…?]

“You know what, somehow even I think this dummy can tell smart things. We can do it another way.” With this, the goddess and the archangel exchanged glances, and the pitiful angel faintly smiled, before resigning to her fate.

The two godlike beings created a magic circle, and started feeding some sort of an energy into it.

Several times I felt like the sky was darkening, and even had a feeling that somebody watches us. But at some point of casting, the surroundings returned to normal, leaving only the magic formation glowing in purple.

The little angel dissolved in the formation, turning into a ball of light, that slowly shifted into a body. The magic formation stopped glowing and vanished, leaving us with a naked body of a young woman.

At this point I was supposed to be having a nosebleed, but because I am not Japanese, nothing happened.

“She doesn’t move. Did something go wrong?” I couldn’t help asking, after seeing the perplexed expression of the archangel.

I don’t know?! She was supposed to be moving?” The woman held onto her cheek, while gazing at the unbothered fox.

“This demanding Akagi-sama would die from hearing an angel’s rumbling about ‘good’, ‘bad’, and ‘justice’. Sorry, Fire, but I will be temporarily replacing her with an artificial soul.” The archangel facepalmed, and mumbled something about ‘that’s why you wanted to call her’.

The loli kitsune played another tune, after which the body suddenly started glowing.

Clothes appeared out of nothing, dressing the former angel, and when the glowing stopped, the girl opened her eyes, curiously looking around.

After a quick look around, the girl’s eyes fixed on me.

2