V4. Ch 15. Face the mighty Duchess
66 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While I was calming my heart, our party proceeded with deciding our plan of infiltration.

Are you sure we even need to blast our way through?” Elina and Bretagne were rubbing their foreheads and shouting.

The two hotheads were, to my surprise, not standing for the same idea. Bretagne wanted to drown the town in blood, while Elina was thinking of using a peaceful approach.

“At least you, try to calm them down!” I called the goddess, who was drinking tea, together with Kasumi.

“Let them squabble.” (A)

If Great One says so.” Kasumi went with the flow, leaving only me to deal with the heating up debate.

Can’t we just give it a try, Bretagne?” I too was supportive of the peaceful attempt, and even though it was 2v1, Bretagne’s stubbornness did not allow us to go ahead.

No! The heretical intellect must not exist! Purge them! PURGE THEM!” She started shaking me, with crazy look in her eyes.

“Bretagne! Cool down! We are not going to blast anything! Listen to me!

Sœur!” She roared.

Bom!

I had to smack her head to calm her down.

-10 Bond

[WTF?! Ah, right… That’s to be expected…]

Bretagne gazed at me with great disappointment and dissatisfaction, but obeyed.

We headed towards the town, thinking the way we are going to enter on the move.

That was until our fox leader spoke.

“As I told you, those machines try to imitate their former masters’ life. And there is one person here, who is perfectly acquainted with one part of this life that can shortcut most formalities.” We all glanced at Elina, a true noble and inheritor of ducal title.


At the gates.

Our party approached the queue in front of the gates. Under Elina’s lead we stopped behind all the androids.

For a moment we hesitated, but Elina shouted.

Out of my way, rabble!” She kicked an android to her front, making it stumble.

The machine glanced back at her, frowning.

“Question. Why. Did. You. Kick. Me.” The android continued staring at Elina. The other androids turned to look at us too.

Why?! You dare questioning me?!” Elina played the role of a spoiled noble brat so well, that even I was sure she was an arrogant noble lady.

The android too believed in it, and obediently crawled out of our way. The other androids bowed their heads and gave way.

Hm! Should’ve done it from the beginning. Damned peasants.” Elina kicked air by another android, making them back away.

We proceeded to the gatehouse, where two android guards raised spears to stop us.

“Demand. Halt. Demand. Show. Documents.” A few moments after we approached, they frowned.

How dare you looking into my eyes?!” Elina raised her hand to slap. In response, the guards aimed the spears at her.

You…! You…!” Even Elina was taken aback. Our act was about to fail, when the loli kitsune stepped a bit forward.

“Do you know that the commoners who dared harming a noble are to be executed? What are you waiting for, dogs? Bow!” (A)

The androids were too taken aback, but a few moments later they stood in position to fight.

Impudence!” Elina somewhat recovered, and pulled out her sword.

Her sword was well-made and had exceptional quality. It was definitely not something you can buy at your local Walmart.

Seeing the sword, the guards froze, and after lagging for a moment, they fell on their knees and prostrated.

Finally.” Elina grumbled.


We entered the town.

It didn’t look like anything extraordinary. A town like a town: android kids played with a robot dog, android merchants were selling stale vegetables and bread, and android peasants were wandering around, following the routine of the town dwellers.

[That… Wow… They do know what the hell they are doing, right?]

I directed my questions at the goddess.

They do not.” (A)

Do not what?” (E)

The fox ignored her.

“Now, let us proceed with asking everybody about this place!”

First, let us find an inn.” Elina grabbed my ear, and pulled me after her. She was walking so fast, that the others fell behind her.

We turned into a side street, where Elina pushed me into a wall and did a kabedon.

So…?” She said, while trying to look at me from above, which was funny since I was higher than her.

“Good to see you, sweety.” I smiled at her, making Elina blush.

It was at this moment we both felt somebody approaching from the depths of the street.

A group of thug-like androids approached.

“Demand. Pay. Or. Die.”

I pulled away Elina’s arm and got out of kabedon.

Crack

“Let’s dance, girls~.” I stretched my fists.

Using kung-fu, I defeated all androids, throwing their unconscious bodies into the nearby container.

Slam

Hie?!” (E)

So…? Let’s talk~?

0