‘Four sisters MOAR’ No 2.
55 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Fours sisters are a collection of oneshots, barely connected by a plot.

I gazed at the wall and pondered.

No matter how I looked at it, there was something wrong with this wall. Maybe it was a bit awry, or it has something to do with my eyesight.

“No, no! A bit to the left.” I waved to an exasperated brunette girl.

But…!” She rolled up her eyes.

“I know, I know. But I think it looked better when it was there.” I gazed at the painting, slowly being shifted back to where it was moments ago.

Ah, even now I can’t help wondering why it doesn’t look like it belongs here?

“Big Sis, please, for God’s sake! Just put it ANYWHERE, and then we’ll be done with it!” The girl glared at me.

Hush, Mo! If we won’t pin it properly, then it’ll keep rubbing me the wrong way. Back to the right.”

Thanks to our achievements, not only we got a chance to spend some time on the beach, but also had a small house rented for us in the capital. But the house was completely empty, leaving us to our own whims.

And my whim was of course having the house properly furnished.

To… the… move it to the left.”

You’re joking…? Right…?” (Mo)

“Come on, the sooner we are done with it, the sooner you’ll get back to furnishing your room. There you can do whatever you want. Here, where it is common space, please do pay attention to my…”

“Big Sis, why are you the one who decides how the living room would look like?” (Mo)

“Because there are only two people with common sense in our family, and Wisky is being dragged around at the furniture shop. Try raising the right corner. Nah, it just doesn’t cut it…!


No matter how hard I tried, the level was showing that the wall is perfectly fine. The floor is perfectly fine too. Even the level is perfectly fine too. But for some unknown reason I simply couldn’t stop worrying that something was not right here.

What about now…?” (Mo)

I am sure I checked everything possible. I even made sure that the fire control readings from this place are checked. I calibrated and recalibrated everything, but no matter how I looked at it, the painting didn’t fit!

Iowa! Hello, Pearl Harbor to Iowa!” (Mo)

Is it the wallpaper? Or, maybe, I didn’t account that there could be a slight bump on the wall? Maybe I am just going crazy and the ground at the foundation…

RIGHT! FOUNDATION!

What da heck?!” (Mo)

Mo! That’s it! The foundation must be…!

ARGH! CAN’T WE JUST STOP WASTING TIME?!” She shouted into my ear.

B-but…!

“Listen, Big Sis, no matter how I look at it, the only thing that’s messed up here is your eyesight. Take this. Now, let ME command for a change.” (Mo)

B-but…?

“To the left.” I moved the painting.

“Lift it up. Yeah, a bit more. PERFECT. Lemme hold it.” Missouri pushed me away, and I looked at the painting again.

“Still, it’s not…

But it’s fine by me. Hey, Big Sis, take a photo and send it to Enji.” (Mo)

Click

A minute later I got a response from her.

So?” (Mo)

“She says it’s fine. But you know her ‘fine’.

“Big Sis, I know her ‘fine’, but I also know your ‘not fine’. Neither are correct.” (Mo)

We put down the painting, for now, and started pondering both.

Hey…? Iowa, is it me, or the moment I stood on the place you were, the wall started to look uneven…?” (Mo)

See? I was saying that…!”

Suddenly, Mo bent down and gazed at the carpet.

“Help me move it away.” (Mo)

Sure.

We lifted it, and the moment we looked below the carpet, we saw the reason of everything.

It was a rotten plank that broke, creating a dip. Small enough to be unnoticed, and large enough for me to misjudge everything.

“The case is closed.” Mo rubbed her hands and returned to the painting.

This time I stood on the even floor.

And that was it…?

Yeah…” We both gazed at the painting, now perfectly fitting the room.

0