V4. Ch 34. The second one
40 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Yes, it's finally here. I know that it was awfully long, but I only came up with the Arc 2's plot yesterday.

The next moment after I ended up on the other side of the torii, I was used as a doormat, helping the goddess keep her feet clean for two meters.

What has happened?” Elina rushed to us.

I started standing up, and gave the winded up goddess a meaningful glare.

Was that necessary…?

Elina helped me standing up, and glared at the tall and intimidating kitsune.

Should I excuse myself?” The goddess coldly answered, throwing us a side glance.

“I would have to prepare myself to die, if you’d do so. But can Your Divine Self at least explain to me, why you are so mad?

No matter how hard I tried to process what was going on, it was clearly a messed up relationship. But I also couldn’t get it why after a single touch from the Archangel, the goddess went nuts.

Akagi-sama sighed, and changed back to the loli form. She turned her head to look at me, before finally answering.

“It was more than a touch. That little b* has blessed you. It was a minor blessing, otherwise I would’ve really killed her.

Also. This Prolific Akagi-sama strongly recommends you not to follow Fire’s words. You get it why, Little child.” The kitsune showed me a tender smile, and then turned back to the rest of the party who were cautiously looking at us.

“Come here already.” (A)

When everybody gathered, the goddess started explaining our course of actions.

“We are going to reclaim another artifact a certain archangel generously given to the moronic mortals. At least they didn’t use it yet…

Since a certain archangel didn’t bother with updating her information from the last check-up 300 years ago, we can only believe it is kept in the local royalty’s vault, also used to store all other valuable things. In other words, the access is limited.

There are two ways we can do it: blow up the vault’s magic, and they spared no effort on strengthening it through generations; and a long and exhausting, for you, way of earning the local king’s favor and thus accessing that vault.

Any questions?” (A)

“There is one. How come you didn’t blow that vault up by now?

“Answering to you, my blood-thirsty moron, when I said that vault was strengthened for generations, I meant that to break its magic protection I would need an explosion approaching the level of the Apocalypse, at the very least killing 20 million people in the process. This Humane Akagi-sama usually does not consider such ways.” (A)

“But I remember you saying it is possible to open any door by asking the gods to open a door themselves? How come you are not using this way?” I snickered.

If only it was this simple… Humans worship gods, but they may not even realize that their imagery of a god is absolutely different from the real deal. And thus we would arrive to the very same blast-the-entire-continent way. Satisfied?” I nodded.

“Get going then.” (A)

The loli foxgirl was about to open the new torii gate, when Lusa started waving her arm and trying to draw the attention.

“Hey, I’ve got a question too!” (L)

“I don’t care.” (A)

But you asked if we have questions?!” (L)

“I asked only one of you. The rest do not need it.” The loli directed gaze full of irritation at the party. Seeing that everybody understood the point, she opened the gates, transferring us to the new location.

We arrived to a huge meadow near a town.

“Now that I think about it, how exactly are we going to earn the king’s favor?” I asked the omnipotent one.

“It’s simple. Slay the demon king, and you’ll become the hero. Become the hero, and no king would refuse your request-within-a-reason. But we would have to start with some simple things.” She showed at the town.

1