V4. Ch 36. Problems in the inn
30 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elina’s task of finding an inn was finished within 10 minutes from its start. But the easiest task of booking a few rooms turned into an issue.

“… Read my lips, lady: PAY. TO. BOOK.” The innkeeper banged the counter with his fist and glared at me.

“Come on! Do I look poor? We have an entire party doing shopping, and just give us an hour and you’ll get all your money!”

NO.” He only hit the counter again.

“Nobody’s booking your rooms right now, only me!”

E-xa-ct-ly. Go away and return with the money, as nobody else would book those rooms. Maybe.” I grit my teeth, cursing the innkeeper in my mind. But seeing the stubbornness of this idiot, I moved away from him and simply leaned on the counter without bothering the innkeeper.

[‘Bretagne, are you hearing me?’]

[‘Yes, sœur. Can I help you in any way?’] (B)

[‘You can, actually. I’m in an inn, but the idiot owner doesn’t let me book without cash. Can you bring me some?’]

[‘Of course, give me a moment.’] (B)

It took her a minute to call me back.

[‘Madame Elina said: ‘Tell her to deal with it herself. She finds money anywhere.Sœur, would you need me coming?’] (B)

[‘Never mind…’]

[Really…? What sort of an issue do you have with me…?]

I continued waiting, this time for Elina to arrive.


More than an hour later, the party arrived at the inn. I gazed at them, filled with anger.

See? And was it worth keeping me here?” I turned my head and glared at the innkeeper. He snorted.

In response to his snort, Elina approached the counter and put a small stack of copper coins in front of the innkeeper.

“Whatever the hell she was trying to book.” (E)

“9 coppers on top.” The owner bent down to pick the keys.

Elina lazily gazed at the coins on the counter, and grumbled: “Are we booking 5 rooms, sir?”.

“Just three.” The innkeeper stood up and put the keys on the counter, but the moment he reached his hand to grab the coins, Elina smacked it.

Like hell it’s worth this much. And if you’ve also tried to scam us by giving a closet-sized rooms, then be sure I’ll come down. With a sword.” Elina put her elbows on the counter and looked into the innkeeper’s eyes. He silently slapped his hand on the keys and put them away, instead reaching for other keys.

4 coppers.” He grumbled.

If the rooms are good.” (E)

But no dinners included.” After Elina’s nod we headed upstairs.


All of us gathered in my dedicated room.

“Orleans, I have good news for you: we are completely set. Camping equipment bought, sharpening stones and other supplies bought, and we also registered in the local guild.” (E)

Now it’s my turn to register?

“Ha-ha, they were fine with doing so in absentia. Here’s your tag.” Elina showed me a smug smile and wagged a small copper dog tag in front of my eyes.

“That’s convenient…”

However, they will check you when we return there.” (E)

“I hope you’ve picked us a quest?”

“Subjugating some goblins. Easy job.” Lusa smiled, sitting far from the others and putting the bowstring on her weapon.

Truly an easy job. Mother Elina, have you considered my capabilities while picking?” I said scornfully.

“Oh, don’t give me this look! Either this, or picking grass!” (E)

“I vouch, it was exactly as Eli said.” (K)

Fine… Are we going tomorrow? It’s still just a few minutes past the noon, so maybe we’ll make it in time?

Elina read the quest’s memo note and then glanced at the map. After a few glances on both, Elina started speaking, in an unsure voice.

Hey, is there any way to tell the distance between us and this place? This map is not too accurate by the looks of it.” (E)

None I can use so far. Let’s just try doing it. Giddy up, guys!”

“…” Elina looked at me, seemingly dissatisfied.

“We are going, going I saaaid!” I pulled her by the hands and after standing her up I started lightly pushing her to the door.

“Fine, alright, I got it! Let me pick the tent…” (E)

“It’s settled then!” I grinned and showed the others at the door.

The other girls also headed out, leaving me one on one with the loli fox.

[Is there something you wanted…?]

“Nothing for now. I will not be wandering around with you, so no need to mind me.” She laid on the bed and covered her face with the fan.

Seeing this, I grimaced, and just closed the door.

The party gathered downstairs, and after leaving the keys at the counter, we headed out to subjugate the goblins.

1