1st Chapter
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

K-day + 152 | 12th Military region, 3rd Jungle Brigade | Manaus city, Amazon | 

It is the rain season and among these grey buildings and beneath an equally grey sky our boots splashed into the murky waters that flooded the streets, the distant sound of battle haunted the city.

In my arms the smooth curves of a PARA-FAL, we moved together as a full platoon, men of all sizes ran like a swarm through the almost flooded streets some were lucky to have a rain cape others had to do with their boonie hats and familiarity with the Amazonian weather.

We reached a crossroad, the streets weren’t very wide satellite routes are the preferred way, the lieutenant leaned against a yellow wall torn apart by the weather and took a view of the street, gunshots echoed and rounds impacted the crossroad ahead of us, the lieutenant quickly cowered while the gunshots rang again splashing water and dust as they hit, the firing stopped after the lieutenant took cover.

“FLAMER!” The lieutenant yelled to us taking control of the situation, we all moved towards his position hunching together and preparing our guns.

A man wearing a rain-hood with a flame-thrower in hand moved close to the center of the street, being careful not to reveal himself, he crouched like an olympic runner, his face was obscured by a shadow, he looked like the reaper itself.
“TARGET IS THE BLUE-HOUSE, BLUE-HOUSE, PREPARAR!” The lieutenant yelled,

adrenaline flowed through my veins.

This isn’t the first time we did this but it never fails to make your heart skip, the men around me felt the same I could see in their eyes and postures.

I slid a Rifle-grenade down my muzzle break rotating it until a metallic locking sound was felt and then I used my canine teeth to change the gas-setting.

“VAI!!” The lieutenant took position and began firing his IA2 towards the blue house the entire platoon followed his lead and fired, nothing but the staccade of automatic weapons could be heard as tracers filled the air. I quickly moved to the street, took position and fired my grenade hitting the blue house.
Then ran back to cover, almost slipping in the watery path while the firing continued. The flamer operator ran like a bolt until he was close enough to the target, he stopped and pointed his weapon pressing the trigger as mortal fire spewed into the enemy bastion. The blue house was consumed, no screaming was heard, it’s not like those creatures can scream anyway..

The gentle rain didn’t stop the fire from burning the enemy. We all smiled while the reaper returned triumphantly with a smile on his face.

“Let’s go two blocks to go, on me!!” The lieutenant yelled and began jogging again, we followed in-between pain-filled grunts.

1