2nd Chapter
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1423 hours

We stopped for a small pause so we could get our bearings and check our progress, the leader of the explorador section came to me, he climbed the Sucuri

“Lieutenant, we are half done here, just gotta finish up some holes and get to the eastern part of the sector and we will finished” The young man in combat gear told me enthusiastically, behind him I could see a dust cloud rising, almost imperceptible in the distance behind some small hills closeby.

“Sargeant, do you know of any other mechanized units operating in this sector right now?” I asked him
“No, no sir, we should have the entire sector for us, and Cratenia doesn’t have any mechanized assets” He replied

I motioned for him to move out of the way and climbed over my hatch, now standing on the Sucuri I used my binoculars, I could see it, five T55 tanks, burly green men on top of each one of them, following behind were 4 m3 halftracks.
“Sergeant, you see that?” I passed the binoculars to him and pointed towards the moving dust cloud at the distance.

He picked the binoculars and saw what I was pointing to “C-can we take them, Tenente?” The sergeant asked, fear evident in his voice and posture
“Tenente! we got hostiles!” Rodrigo exclaimed from inside the turret
“We can and will sergeant go and tell the others, we’ll practice some ambush tactics today.” I said to him, he promptly gave my binoculars back and jumped off the Sucuri and sprinted towards his jeep

Now playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT_n-KcC_eY

“Attention all Viboras, we got hostiles at bearing 253, long distance,i want flanks covered by cascaveis, ATGMs at the ready, i want machine gun teams ready and camouflaged around our perimeter, i want infantry with AT4s alongside the machineguns at the front of our formation” I commanded , the men started moving about guns in hand, sergeants yelling orders, exploradores in the jeeps were taking their mgs out of the mounts and carrying them off.

The cascaveis raced to the flanks and took cover below trees, their Missile pods angled into position and their commanders put their heads out of the hatches binoculars in hand

“Rodrigo, lase the target, don’t aim for the tank, aim ahead of it so the infantry doesn’t notice it.” I commanded, Rodrigo acknowledged it and the turret spun into position

“Around 2700 meters, sir! out of range, sir!” Rodrigo exclaimed
The infantry moved into position their lizard pattern camo was contrasting deeply to this brownish land.

“All guns on my command, hold fire until further orders” I commanded and entered the Sucuri turret

“Rodrigo, distance?” I asked
“2500 and closing in fast sir, are you sure they didn’t see us?” Rodrigo asked, excitement and fear in his voice
“We’ll see in due time” I replied
“LOAD ARROW!” I yelled to Fernando
The sound of an APFSDS entering the breach was heard.
“PRONTO!” fernando exclaimed

The sound of tracks and engines in the distance dominated the air, other than that nothing could be heard, soldiers wiped the sweat off their eyebrows commanders had their eyes fixed on the targets using their binoculars

“Distance?” I asked
“1700, sir! within range!” Rodrigo exclaimed
“ATGMs Pick your targets, leave the center for the Sucuri!” I commanded
“Vibora 2, picking number 4 Tank”
“Vibora 3, picking number 1 tank!” The voices in my headset exclaimed
“VIBORA 1, picking number 3 and 4, use the ATGMs to take care of the transports” I commanded

Fernando had another APFSDS in hand ready to load the gun as soon as it was fired, Rodrigo spun the turret and had number 3 in his sights.
I took my sight and aimed at number 4, ready to override the turret and take the shot as soon as number 4 turned into a burning wreck below the sun.

The enemy began firing, our ambush wasn’t an ambush anymore, their shots overfired hitting around 150 meters behind us, the explosions shook the ground and created dust clouds.

Now playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG07SO7bKgk

“Distance?!”
“1500!!!!” Rodrigo yelled

“All guns on my mark! . . . . FOGO!!!” I yelled on my headset and as soon my voice
The strondous sound of the 105mm filled the air,the sound of a brass casing impacting the shell basket reverberated in the turret,  dust was kicked up i could see the tracer impacting the T55 and turning it into a miniature star, the dust cloud still filled my sights but i could see enough to kill the Number 4.

The sound of a round entering the breech echoed inside the turret and as soon as the gun aligned with my sight i pressed the trigger and the scene repeated itself, this time the T-55 didn’t turn into a giant bonfire, the arrow smacked into the hull producing sparks as it penetrated, the t55 came to a stop, the orc infantry began to jump out, meanwhile our infantry began firing their FALs and IA2s into them.

“Load HEAT” I commanded, in my sight I could see missiles impacting the other two tanks, the infantry already left their tanks and transports while the missiles flew, although a few unlucky ones were turned into barbecue in the following explosions.
The surviving T55 had it’s turret aimed at us, it fired a shot and in the same time the 100mm shot left the barrel an ATGM collided with its side and turned it into a barbecue grill, the shot impacted closeby the fragments of which could be heard impacting the Sucuri’s amor.

The sound of firing was the only thing that could be heard, like a fatal symphony, assault rifles, machineguns, battle rifles, grenade launchers and the mortar all firing in unison.
The ‘105 fired again, this time hitting one of the halftracks, such a shame to turn that museum piece into a battle wreck, but it did look beautiful while it burned alongside the orcs that crewed it.

Missiles smashed into other two halftracks, the crews were abandoning them, they weren’t fast enough and became fated to have those WW2 relics as graves.
Only a single Halftrack remained, it was trying to maneuver around the orc infantry which in turn was in complete disarray being hit left and right by machinegun fire, it showed its sides and became peppered with shots becoming a kind of iron maiden, killing the crew and making the vehicle bleed crimson red.

Their infantry didn’t have anywhere to go, the mortar was starting to rain down on them, they died one by one, another Undead lord patrol neutralized.
After the smoke cleared and the ringing in our ears became clear we moved to inspect the wrecks, the soldiers stabbed whatever greenskin was too stubborn to die by firepower, the orc’s guns were a mish-mash of AKs and FALs from all around south-america, the tanks were peruvian, the half-tracks, columbian, Paraguayan and Peruvian, seems our neighbours are in even worse conundrums than us.
We took photos and marked our kills in our barrels, picked up whatever we could salvage and continued our mission, another glorious tale to be told to young Brazilians.

0