2nd Chapter
8 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I ordered meat, mashed potato and some local fruit juice. It didn’t take long for my food to arrive, one of the benefits of having elf cooks. After finally finishing my meal I paid them with some of my remaining money and made my way out.
As i was walking to the door i saw some Brazilian soldiers entering the tavern, i avoided their gaze and covered some of my face with my coat lapel they passed through conversing with each other and paying no mind to me, i thought i managed to bypass them and was already stepping out of the tavern when one of them stopped and pointed to me.
“Hey isn’t that the guy?!”
“It’s the fucking corno, get him!”
I leaped into a run and started sprinting my way to the jeep, they followed almost falling into themselves as they did
“Fucking faggot, get him!”
I dodged the commuters while the brutes on my tail made as much noise as they could in an effort to convince the onlookers to help them, the onlookers couldn’t care less. The pursuit continued through the familiar streets. A lot of other milicos joined the brutes in my tail, but they couldn’t run as fast as me and I never ran as fast.
I see the alley my jeep is in, but i won’t have enough time to turn it on and bolt it, i need a distraction or something to stop them. Time for drastic measures. I open my coat and take my Obrez out in the middle of my run.

Safety off
Stop
Aim for the air
shoot

The olive green brutes instinctively braced the floor, the civilians around us began screaming and running, I took my opportunity and began to run while the sea of people created a wall of flesh between me and them.
I sprinted to the jeep and turned it on, the ringing in my ears was silenced by the long drawn out roar of the 150HP diesel.
The radio turns on with https://youtu.be/kQJM397kOXc playing
I put the gears into reverse and throttled it, almost hitting one of the milicos who ran towards the alley. I maneuvered the car in a single fluid move and then put the gears into forward and bolted it off.
“Fuck, caralho, get the captain!” One of the angry milicos proclaimed.
The roar of the powerful engine filled the once idyllic city. The people moved out of the way while I speeded forth, in no time I was out of the city and on the dirt road that leads away from Cratenia.
I was already laughing out loud almost maniacally, “all according to plan”.
Of course I didn't have a plan for escaping the army in case they saw me in the city, and of course I didn't have a plan in case they went after me out of the city.
The sound of my Engine was joined by other two engines, two jeeps trying to catch me, leaving long dust clouds as they speeded in pursuit.
Fucking Milicos are stubborn as fuck.
“Stop the car, citizen, you’re under arrest” One of the guys in a marrua said over a megaphone.
“It won’t be that easy you fucking slavecuck” I said to myself
I pressed my foot harder on the pedal and moved out of the road in the direction of the river, dodging small trees and bushes as I moved, trying to make it hard for the two in pursuit.
Was then that I saw a small elevation in the sand, kinda like a short dune, perfect opportunity. Moving full throttle into the diminutive dune I managed to get into the air. The wheels made contact with the ground again thankfully my ass and my car were ok. One of the pursuing vehicles got into the air almost at the same time, but when it landed the wheels skidded and it was forced to stop. I managed to simply bolt away.
And the other pursuer was smarter and avoided the dune all together, still fixated and speeding towards me.
The river was getting closer and closer, I just had to reach it and then another day of freedom.
The jeep wheels made contact with the wet mud around the river banks, it splashed into the clear water and lost most of its speed, it moved at a painfully slow rate compared to the high speed chase.
After some painful seconds I was speeding towards the green plains and my pursuer reached the river bank at the opposite side, frustrated at the unsuccessful hunt one of the men screamed at the megaphone.
“We're gonna get you one day!”
We’ll see, We’ll see. For now the plains await.

1