Chapter 25
630 0 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Nothing personal miss, it's just that the great families have deeper pockets," he said with a mocking smile on his face, as the men he had shot before stood up while dusting themselves, and I took that as my queue to make my move.

I instantly appeared behind the gangsters with a quick application of the Soru technique.

"Excuse me, gentlemen. Would you be so kind as to tell me what time it is right now?" I asked in a polite tone, but my mind was in a state of extreme concentration.

"Of course, sir, I believe it's..." perhaps it was my polite tone, how strange the situation was, or possibly a mixture of both that causes one of them to answer my question on reflex as they turned their attention to me.

"It's high noon, bitch" I interrupted him as I had accumulated enough focus and drew my gun immediately, and emptied its chamber within a mere fraction of a second.

I shot six bullets, and six gangsters fell dead. Unfortunately, Francis and the brown-haired traitor were out of my line of sight as the other gangster goons blocked them from my aim.

That, however, was more than enough to make an opening, and The redhead was quick to make use of it as she took out the cylinder in her sleeves and smacked it into the ground, causing it to explode in a black cloud of smoke. She then rolled backward and took out a knife, which she buried in the brown-haired guy's back of the head and ran back behind cover.

All the gangsters stared at me with shocked expressions, even their boss, but he seemed to be the first one to snap out of it. "You just interfered in the Nitti family's business. All who do that are dead men, but it's not too late for you. Help us deal with her, and I'll even put in a good word for you," he said with a calm tone, trying to salvage his situation.

Glancing at the rock that the red-head was peeking from behind now, I decided to show off a little.

"The Nitti family? never heard of it," I said as I twirled my gun in my fingers and tucked it back into my belt. "I don't care whose chickens and dogs you fellas are let's just this over with," I continued as I took out satori without unsheathing it and held it by its sheath just below the handle, intending to leave a long-lasting impression.

There was no further need for words, and Francis was the first to act as he retrieved a poisonous gas bomb, which he then threw it in my direction quickly.

Looking at the approaching canister, I unsheathed my sword and waited for it to become close enough for me to cut in half. "NO, DON't." miss jones screamed from behind the rock, and the gangsters seemed to smile in both malic and mockery.

I sent the redhead a reassuring smile as the gas bomb was finally within Sator's range and cut it in half with a simple swing of the sword with no flashiness or fanfare and watched in interest as it unleashed its contents.

Looking at this scene, the red-haired girl was both concerned and resigned, thinking that any chance she had at survival was now gone. The gangsters, however, we the extreme opposite as they laughed and cheered at my supposed demise.

"Hahaha, that guy is probably puking his inside on the floor right about now," one goon said in a very cheerful tone.

"Yeah, that's what you get for fucking with the Nitti family," another one said while looking so smug you'd think he threw the bomb himself.

Hearing their oh-so stereotypical lines, I decided that now was the best time to give them the shock of their lives as I calmly stepped out of the green cloud of gas as if I was on a leisure stroll through the countryside.

"That will not work on me. I'm immune to poison, so I'll give you another chance to try something else," I said as I brought the sheathed Satori to my side." but first, this green cloud is quite an eye-sore, so let me get rid of it," I said as I lowered my stance by slightly bending one of my knees.

"One sword style draw technique, Revolving wheel," I said in a calm voice as I drew Satori from its sheath and spun myself in a circle unleashing a tornado that swept all the green gas near me and dissipated it into nothingness and then put the sword back to its sheath.

"so what, if you're immune to poison, so what if you can perform a fancy sword trick? You've made the mistake of bringing a sword to a gunfight, and I'm going to make sure it's the last mistake in your life," Francis said with a visible tick mark on his forehead as he seemed to have forgotten about the redhead's existence.

The gangsters didn't need any convincing as they shot at me with everything they had, not withholding even a single bullet.

Deciding that I've showed off long enough for now, I geppoed my way into the air and activated Soru to fly in a zigzag pattern above the goons' heads, ignoring them and heading straight into their boss while deflecting any bullet that would have hit me.

I covered the distance almost instantly and used Satori's blade to cut the sleazy man's throat in one swift swing and landed behind him as he fell to the ground holding his neck that spurting large amounts of blood.

I suppressed the disgust and discomfort, and then turned around and massacred the rest of the gangsters, beginning with the ones that were smart and dumb enough to try running and taking care of the rest when once done with them.

'This was a necessary evil,' I thought inside my head when the slaughter was over. They've seen too much, and letting them live would have come back to bite in the ass, eventually. Besides, they were not good people, so I did the world a favor by getting rid of them.

"oh, it's you tiger. Johnny right,?" The redhead said, interrupting my thought process as she came from behind the rock while nursing the bullet wound on her back.

"Miss Jones, so you do remember me. It's been a while." I said as I tipped my hat in her direction.

 

(Patreon - ( patreon.com/Wicked132 ) - my Patreon for those of you who wish to support my writing or read ahead of my release schedule.)

(Discord server, - ( discord.gg/RDnWBB6jXV ) - or hit me up at - Wicked132#5511 - and I'll add you myself.)

29