Chapter 34
595 5 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up very early in the morning, way before the rest of the crew woke up, so I had a quick breakfast and left a message to my companions, informing them of my whereabouts before leaving the inn and making my to the desert to continue my training.

Once there, I started by doing a simple warm-up like yesterday and then began the actual impact fist's training.

I continued to do this for quite some time, noticing no improvement, until I suddenly thought of a way to improve the technique while taking one of my breaks.

I devoured my mean in haste and then stood up to try the idea immediately, to find a big rock so that I can try my new method on.

Once I found one, I stood at a ten-meter distance from it and closed my eyes in concentration to organize my mind and clear it of any thoughts that would impede my focus.

I opened my eyes and kept them locked on the rock once I was satisfied with the state of my mind and took a deep breath. I then kicked the ground in a certain way to perform a slower form of soru, and once I felt my feet leave the ground, I channeled the impact through my muscles, starting from my feet.

Unfortunately, I missed the perfect timing and had to release the impact before reaching the optimal distance to hit the rock with it and watched with a sigh as the shock wave dissipated just before hitting the rock.

I shook my head and smiled after some time. Even though I failed at it this time, it was very much possible. If I can't perform while consciously moving my body, I simply need to do it while my body is already in motion. I need to figure out the best timing for that first, though.

And so I began testing with the soru technique once again, repeating the scene of me trying to figure it out for the first time on the deserted island.

I would sometimes trip, crash into the rock, crash into some cactus, and all kinds of painful and embarrassing scenarios I was thankful no one was there to see, But I figured it out in the end.

I continued to train in that manner for even more time to make sure I could do it perfectly during a fight instead of embarrassing or endangering myself if I tried it.

Once I felt satisfied with my performance, I took a break and then head back into the city because I perceived that any further training would not yield any results for now, and as I was resting while humming a song to pass the time, I suddenly felt my senses flare up, I instantly drew Satori for its sheath and swung it behind me only to stop a mere inch away from slicing Laffite's neck.

"goddamnit, Laffite. Do you have any idea how close I was to sending your head flying? Never do that again," I said with a sigh as I put satori back into its sheath.

"of course, captain. I came to inform you that I've got permission for us to act against the Nitti family, but it comes with the condition that any property damage we cause will be deducted from our rewards when we go to claim our bounties for some of the wanted people in the Nitti family," Laffite said with a calm smile on his face as if his head wasn't in the danger of rolling off his shoulders mere seconds ago.

"I was more than willing to go after them even if it meant I have to pay out of my own pocket to do it, so that's more than good enough," I said with a shrug as I started packing my belongings that were scattered all over the place.

"what about Wilson and Elly? Did they have any luck with the safe house they were supposed to attack?" I asked as I held a cigarette in my mouth and lit it up leisurely.

"They were successful in their mission. There wasn't anyone strong enough to stop the duo," Lafitte said in his usual tone of voice.

"They were also able to learn the whereabouts of several high-ranking gangsters after threatening the survivors of the safe house that Wilson, who had morphed into his gorilla form, would eat them." He concluded with a chuckle, and I laughed as well, making no further comments on that subject.

"let's head back to the inn so we can plan our next move. I had enough training for today anyway," I said as I wore my backpack after I finished collecting my scattered belongings, and Laffite nodded in agreement.

We soon reached the entrance of the city and entered through the city's gates. We then started marching in the inn's direction, only to halt our steps halfway through as a group of men dressed in back suits and armed with guns appeared in front of us.

They were running through the streets while shoving and kicking everyone in their way. Thanks to my enhanced senses, I overheard them talking about a massacre that left no survivors in one of their safe houses and some mister Aldo who was livid with rage because his son was in said safe house.

Laffite and I looked at each other and smiled but said nothing as we continued to walk, but then I quickly picked up a small stone and threw it at a gangster's foot, causing him to trip and fall before he smacked some poor old lady with the butt of his pistol.

I then shook my head with a sigh and kept walking to catch up with Laffite, who was several steps ahead of me.

We stood in front of the inn after several minutes of walking and made our way inside to find Wilson, Elly, and bob sitting at our usual table while talking about something in a seemingly good mood.

We sat down at the table after getting them and talked business immediately after making ourselves comfortable.

I first asked Elly and Bob to inform me of the mission at the safe house in detail and listened quietly, only stopping them occasionally to inquire about some details or tell them what they could have done better until they finished speaking.

"well, we have our permission and enough information to act against some of the gang's higher-ups, so split up and deal with them the same way you dealt with the safe house," I said with no expression on my face.

"Elly and Wilson can go after that Aldo guy. You already killed his son, so it's only fitting that you take care of him too," I said with a shrug while looking at Elly and Wilson, and they both nodded their heads.

"you can take off the remaining two yourself, Laffite, but take your time. You don't have to handle them both today," I continued as I turned to look at Laffite, and he nodded in agreement as well.

"Alright, you have your targets, and you already know where to find them, so get going," I concluded and watched them leave after bidding farewell, leaving only bob and me at the table.

 

(Patreon - ( patreon.com/Wicked132 ) - my Patreon for those of you who wish to support my writing or read ahead of my release schedule.)

(Discord server, - ( discord.gg/RDnWBB6jXV ) - or hit me up at - Wicked132#5511 - and I'll add you myself.)

23