Chapter 64
395 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How do you know about Wano country and the Shimotsuke clan?" The assassin asked as her mask fell to the ground in two pieces, revealing long green hair and a pair of black eyes wide in shock.

"I have my ways. Now, answer my question," I replied in a grave tone, trying to hide my shock at the assassin's looks.

"It's nothing but the story of a dead woman. I don't see how that would interest you," the green-haired assassin replied firmly, shaking her head.

"I will not kill you now that I know where you came from," I stated with a sigh, and she raised an eyebrow, doubt apparent in her eyes. "Very well, actions speak louder than words, so I'll take you to a doctor to show my goodwill first," I concluded while rubbing my temples, feeling the start of headache at this situation.

The green head tried to say something, but I interrupted her by picking her up in princess carry and began making my way towards a doctor's clinic with a chain of Soru steps.

Third person's point of view:

The ground where Johnny and the assassin just had their fight began to wiggle, revealing a giant face from underneath.

"Muu, boys are so violent. To think that mean boy would beat such a cute girl to the point of making her cough blood," the owner of the giant face said in a whiny feminine voice, then dived back into the ground as it wiggled and mended back to it's original shape.

Johnny's point of view:

"You bastard, you've already defeated me. Why must you shame me like this," she said with an outraged voice at the way I handled her.

"I would have picked you up and put my shoulder if not for your injured organs, so bear with it until we reach the doctor," I said as I looked down at her with a smirk.

"You speak as if the alternative is better than this!" she replied with a tick mark on her forehead. "Whatever, it's my fault for losing. Do whatever you want. You pervert," she added with a sigh as she turned her head to the side with a blush.

"The only pervert here is you, lady," I said as the veins on my forehead began bulging. "I'm trying to save your life by taking you to a doctor, and you're thinking about that kind of thing," I stated while contemplating just dropping her here right here and going back to the black pearl.

"You probably want me to be healthy so you can do this and that to me without worrying about me dying halfway through," she remarked as she covered her head in shame. "I've read a lot of stories about female samurais and kunoichis kidnapped by rogues like you. Your honeyed words cannot fool me, pervert," she concluded as she removed her hands from her face and pointed her index finger while wiggling her body, making her private spots dangerously close to touching my arms.

"I'm not even going to waste words on you anymore," I stated, as my eyes began to twitch from irritation while looking down on the pervert in my arms, ignoring her for the rest of the trip.

The green-haired pervert kept spouting nonsense, even as I ignored her. But luckily we arrived at a clinic after only five minutes, and I hastily made my way inside, trying to get there before I lost my patience.

"Please treat this pervert so I can beat her to an inch of her life, again," I remarked while looking at the doctor who was about to close his clinic, with intense eyes, making it clear that he wasn't going home until he did something about the injured pervert in my hands.

The doctor looked like he wanted to object, but he shook his head and hastily unlocked the door he just locked after one look at my eyes. "Please, come inside," he said with a sheepish tone as he entered his clinic, causing me to follow him with the green-haired pervert, who was surprisingly quite still in my hands.

"Please put the perver- I mean the young lady on the bed over there," the doctor instructed with an even more sheepish tone, and I obliged as I put down the green-haired pervert on the bed.

I then made way for the doctor and stood aside, watching him go about checking up on the green-haired menace for fifteen minutes until he stopped and took a step back with a thoughtful expression.

"This young lady's injuries are peculiar, to say the least. There is no external damage, but her insides are a mess. Internal bleeding, fractured bones, and a damaged lung," the doctor said while rubbing his head in thought.

"Yes, yes, I'm sure it's all very interesting. Now hurry up and do something about it. I don't have all night," I urged while looking at the doctor.

The doctor chuckled while nodding in embarrassment as he went into a cabinet and retrieved two pouches. "These are pills that will stop the internal bleeding," He said while holding one of the pouches. "And these will promote regeneration to hasten her healing process," the doctor added as he offered one pill of each type to a green-headed pervert along with a glass of water.

"She should be as good as new with two weeks of rest as long as she takes this medicine three times a day," he concluded, watching the green menace take the offered pills and swallow them.

"Thank you, doctor," she said after swallowing the pills, causing the doctor to nod with a smile.

"How much do you have of those pills? I'll take as much as you can spare," I said to the doctor, as such medicines will be helpful to my crew in the long run.

"I can only give you ten pouches of each as I need the rest to treat people who will come after you," the doctor stated in a firm tone while looking me in the eye.

"Fine," I remarked as I raised an eyebrow in amusement at this seemingly cowardly doctor's act of resolve, causing him to sigh in relief as he went into the cabinet, getting twenty more pouches and offering them to me.

"You're injured too. Let me take a look at that wound on your chest," the doctor said while looking at the gash on my chest.

"Thanks, Doc, but I'll be just fine," I said with a smile as I took the pouches and stuffed them into my tattered backpack.

"Let's go, perverted woman," I said as I took out a stack of bills that had at least fifty thousand berries and then picked up the green head, vanishing from the clinic and leaving a dumbfounded doctor behind.

I took the perverted green head and made my way to the black pearl to resume questioning her about her background, and she was thankfully quiet during the trip, seemingly deep in thought.

It didn't take me long to reach the docks, and Wilson was the first to notice my presence. "Hey, look, Laffite, Johnny is back with another weird chick," He said while waving his hands and looking at Laffite, who was playing cards with bob.

"What do you mean, another? I'm not a weird chick," Elly said as she elbowed Wilson in his side while pouting, causing him to laugh while rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

"That's right, Wilson. You shouldn't call possible crewmates weird chicks," Laffite said with a chuckle.

"The number of punks just keeps increasing, just great," Bob said with a sigh as he shook his head.

"I hope she ends up joining. I won't have to be the newcomer anymore that way," Byron said as he wiped his sweat and put aside the axe he was swinging at the air in practice.

"Don't get your hopes up just yet," I said with a smile. "I brought this woman here to ask her some questions before we can talk about anything else," I concluded as I took her to one of the empty rooms.

"I think I've proven that I have no intention of killing you. Now it's time for you to show some goodwill too and talk," I said as I put on the greenhead on a bed while taking out a bottle of concentrated poison from my backpack.

"So be it. Ask, and I will answer," the green-haired assassin replied cooperatively with a defeated sigh.

"Let's start with your name," I said as I opened the bottle and gulped its contents, causing the gash on my chest to wiggle as it mended itself. "I'm Johnny, by the way, but I'm sure you already know that," I concluded while touching the wound on my chest that was healing at a visible rate.

"My name is Shimotsuke (family) Kozue (first)," the green-haired woman, Kozue, replied while looking at my healing wound with apparent astonishment in her eyes. "But more importantly, what is that miraculous medicine you consumed just now?" She asked wide-eyed.

"It's not medicine. It's a poison," I remarked as I walked into a plant and let a drop of what little remained of the liquid poison fall on it, causing the poor plant's leaves to turn black as it wilts and dies immediately.

"I have a unique physique that turns poison into a healing agent," I concluded with a shrug. "Now, back to the questions. What are you doing here in west blue, so far away from Wano country?" I asked.

"I fled the country with our family's last retainer after my father's death at the hands of the tyrant occupying our country and his puppet shogun," she replied with a sad sigh.

'She's not lying, but she's not telling me everything, like the fact she probably didn't flee with just the retainer, but thats ok too. I didn't expect her to tell me everything from the beginning,' I thought with an internal smirk.

"Was your father Shimotsuki Ushimaru or Yasuie?" I asked with a nod at her previous answer.

"My father was Shimotsuki Ushimaru," she replied with a raised eyebrow. "How do you know so much about Wano country?" Kozue asked with a mixture of curiosity and suspicion.

"I used to work at intelligence gathering. It's only natural that I know what normal people don't," I Lied with no shame whatsoever while smirking at her.

"Now, for the most important question. Why did you come after me?" I asked with a grave voice while looking her in the eye.

"I wanted to offer your head to the joker as a way to get close to him and possibly join his family," Kozue replied with a sigh.

"You do know that the joker is a subordinate of Kaido, who is occupying Wano country, in everything but name, don't you? I asked the green head in an amused voice with a raised eyebrow.

"I know that. I wanted to get close enough to the joker, to assassinate him and weaken Kaido," she replied, causing me to chuckle at how weird this whole situation is.

"That's the reason I threw away my honor and became an assassin, to weaken Kaido as much as possible from outside Wano country before the day of the final battle," Kozue concluded as she clenched her fists hard enough for her knuckles to turn white.

'Is this fate? Or is it the ROB who sent me here at work?' I think while looking at the green-haired Kozue.

...

(Patreon - ( patreon.com/Wicked132 ) - my Patreon for those of you who wish to support my writing or read ahead of my release schedule.)

(Discord server, - ( discord.gg/RDnWBB6jXV ) - or hit me up at - Wicked132#5511 - and I'll add you myself.)

 

16