Chapter 86
319 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third person's point of view:

Earlier.

As Johnny began attacking the marine ship, Wilson, Laffite, and the rest were making their way towards the island. They suddenly slowed down as a massive figure rushed out of the island, heading straight to the marine ship.

"That should be rear admiral Bastille," Laffite said while looking at the rear admiral rushing towards the marine ship. "He definitely matches the description," he added, preparing himself for a fight.

"He doesn't seem interested in us," Wilson said as he made eye contact with the rear admiral, who resolutely ignored them, keeping his eyes on the ship.

"Johnny will take care of it," Wilson remarked. "Byron, go back to the ship and see if you can crush their main mast while Johnny is keeping the rear admiral busy," he instructed while looking at Byron, who was in his hybrid form.

Byron did not reply, merely nodding as he turned around, waiting for the rear admiral to gain some distance to follow after him.

"Let's go," Wilson said as he turned to look at the deserted island again, rushing towards with the others following him.

It didn't take long for them to reach the island's shore, and the marines received them rather warmly with a barrage of gunfire. "Fly behind me," Wilson said while looking at the incoming bullets, transforming into his hybrid form.

Laffite, who was carrying Kozue on his back, and Elly quickly obliged, lining themselves behind Wilson as the bullets impacted Wilson's thick hide, bouncing off harmlessly.

Wilson, of course, was the first to arrive at the shore, landing in the middle of a group of marine soldiers, and proceeded to send them flying in all directions.

Laffite was right after him, landing and getting Kozue off his back as he began whacking people with his red cane while stopping to spin it strangely, causing the surrounding marines to attack each other.

Kozue also began her assault as soon as she was off Laffite's back, moving at incredible speeds between the marines, cutting everything in front of her with her new sword.

Elly arrived after everyone else and began acting just as fast as Kozue, shooting everything that moved with her rifle while kicking anyone who got close to her.

-0-

Inside the improvised shack where Momonga was resting, the vice-admiral suddenly opened his eyes, frowning at the sounds of gunfire and screaming that interrupted his meditations.

"We are under attack, sir," the same marine soldier who reported to him earlier came rushing inside the shack, too flustered to perform even a salute. "The attackers have made their way onto the island," he added with a nervous tone.

"Didn't Bastille already go to take care of the attackers? How did they reach the island?" Momonga asked in a calm tone, still frowning.

"It seems the attacker have split their forces. Some of them are attacking the ship while the others are attacking the island's shore," the marine soldier hurriedly explained. "There's nothing we can do about them, sir. They're too strong," he added with a sheepish look on his face.

"So be it," the vice-admiral replied with a sigh. "I will take care of it," Momonga concluded as he stood up, retrieving his sword and unsheathing it as he began rushing towards the island's shore.

It didn't take the vice-admiral long to reach the shore, where Johnny's crew was decimating the marines, so he reacted quickly, shooting in Elly's direction at incredible speed since she was the closest to him.

Momonga was right behind her in an instant, preparing to slash her with the sword in his hand. Still, Elly's eyes suddenly flashed as she hastily turned around, drawing her coach gun and blasting the vice admiral in the torso, sending him sliding backward.

"Your opponent isn't me," Elly said with a smile as she gave the vice-admiral a once over. "Is that so? Then who is?" Momonga replied with a question, frowning as he did.

"That would be me!" came Wilson's voice from behind the vice-admiral as he appeared there with a savage grin on his face, shooting his massive fist towards Momonga's back.

The vice admiral didn't have time to block or dodge because his Observation Haki failed to sense Wilson approaching thanks to the latter's animalistic intent, which differs from humans.

(Author's note: So basically, how Observation Haki works (Based on the one-piece Wiki) is that the user will sense his opponent's intent and predict his attack based on it. That is why Momonga couldn't sense Wilson coming at him because even though he looks like a human, he is still a gorilla.)

Wilson's fist hit the vice admiral's back with all the force he could muster, and the latter could do nothing but cover his back in Haki with gritted teeth as Wilson's fist sent him flying backward, crashing into a tree.

The vice admiral quickly got up, raising his sword, preparing to clash with Wilson, who was charging towards him again. Still, he did not get the chance to do that as Laffite suddenly appeared behind, seemingly from nowhere.

The navigator had a maniacal smile on his face as he thrust his cane at the back of the unsuspecting vice admiral's knee, causing him to stagger.

(Author's note: if someone like Squard can hide his intent to get over white beard's observation to stab him (That's how he did it based on the one-piece Wiki), then I can only assume that Laffite can do the same to Momonga.)

Laffite didn't intend to give him any breathing space, releasing a rankyaku slash at the vice admiral's back that was now covered in Haki, sending flying towards Wilson.

Wilson merely grinned as he buried his fist in Momonga's stomach, redirecting his trajectory and smashing him into the ground.

Wilson, and Laffite, still didn't let up, acting quickly and charging towards the crater Wilson's fist buried the vice-admiral inside. Still, they found nothing as Momonga reacted even more quickly, getting out of the hole and launching himself into the sky with Geppo.

Wilson was the first to spot the vice-admiral as he began descending on them, sword in hand. Wilson transformed into his hybrid form, rushing upwards with Geppo to meet the latter as he began releasing compressed air bullets in the latter's direction with all of his hands.

Laffite followed suit, choosing to flank the vice-admiral instead of attacking him directly as Wilson did.

Momonga noticed this, but he did not show any reaction as he kept calmly charging towards Wilson, using his sword to deflect the hail of compressed air bullets fired at him while using Kami-e to dodge the one he couldn't block.

Wilson and vice-admiral were soon within striking distance of each other, and Wilson's fist met the latter's sword with a thundering boom that reverberated throughout the island.

Momonga and Wilson seemed to be equal in brute strength as they kept pushing each other while midair. Still, the vice Haki-coated sword began slowly cutting into the latter's fist, who merely smiled as he kept thrusting himself upwards with Geppo.

Suddenly, Laffite appeared by the vice admiral's side, aiming his cane at Momonga's face, causing the latter to frown as he redirected Wilson's punch to the side, turning around and kicking Laffite away.

The vice admiral then appeared behind Wilson, gripping one of his arms, spinning him in the air, throwing him to the ground as the vice-admiral turned around and charged towards Laffite, who was still in the air.

...

(Patreon - ( patreon.com/Wicked132 ) - my Patreon for those of you who wish to support my writing or read ahead of my release schedule.)

(Discord server, - ( discord.gg/RDnWBB6jXV ) - or hit me up at - Wicked132#5511 - and I'll add you myself.)

12