Imaginary Master
536 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A gruff voice echoed from behind him.

Lin Ming turned around and came face-to-face with a middle-aged man that had an average build, stubble and dark circles under his eyes. “Brother Ming, this is uncle Ye, the blacksmith and weapons craftsman for the Hundred Weapon Pavilion.” Lin Xiaodong walked out from behind the man with Ye Ying in tow. “Uncle Ye, this is my good brother Lin Ming, he wanted to look for a weapon, I was hoping you could help find one for him.” The middle-aged man scanned Lin Ming from top to bottom before crossing his arms. “Kiddo, take it from an elder, there’s no point in buying a weapon at your level of martial arts.”

Lin Ming simply smiled at this. “Thank you for your advice Uncle Ye, I have my circumstances however that require a weapon.”

“Very well.” Uncle Ye nodded before his gaze turned towards the weapon in Lin Ming’s hand. “That is an eight feet, eight inch spear made from the core of an hundred year old ironwood tree. Although it is relatively flexible as well as being somewhat heavy, its sharpness is not the best.”

Lin Ming nodded before placing the spear on his shoulder. The balance of the spear was at the centre of the total length of the spear, allowing Lin Ming to easily control the spear. “I think I’ll go with this one then.”

“Eh?” Lin Xiaodong stared at Lin Ming with raised eyebrows again. “Brother Ming, are you sure?”

“He’s right kid, there aren’t many people in the Sky Fortune kingdom whom practice the spear leading to a rarity in training manuals. Are you sure you want this spear?”

“Yup,” Lin Ming simply nodded, “thank you for your concern Uncle Ye but once again, lack of manual isn’t a problem for me.”

“Okay.” The middle-aged man simply gave him a side eye before naming the price. “Usually I would charge you 20 silver liangs but since you are little Xiaodong’s cousin, you get a discount of 10 silver liangs. So that comes to 10 silver liangs for the spear.”

“Here,” Lin Ming fished out the proper amount from the pouch at his waist and placed it in the palm of the middle aged man before walking out.

“Uncle Ye, I’ll be taking my leave as well, I’ll come visit when aunty is around.”

The middle-aged man nodded. “Also tell your grandfather that the order for twenty coldsteel swords should be done soon.”

“I’ll ask someone to come fetch it tomorrow then.” Lin Xiaodong bowed before walking out.

…………..

Lin Ming began walking towards his small abode as he saw Lin Xiaodong come out of the store.

“How does brother Xiaodong know Uncle Ye?” Lin Ming asked as Lin Xiaodong matched his steps.

“My grandfather met Uncle Ye’s father in his youth. Later on, when Uncle Ye was struggling, he helped him establish the Hundred Weapons Pavilion.”

“Is this the reason behind your grandfather’s position in the family brother Xiaodong?”

“One of, yes. Grandfather also owns a couple of stores in the main street of Sky Fortune City. These stores, coupled with the Hundred Weapons Pavilion bring in a lot of revenue for the family.”

“I see.” They continued chatting about the family. Lin Ming managed to get a lot of information about the different elders and as well as the head of the family. “The Lin Family is certainly bigger than I thought.” Time seemed to fly by and in no time at all, they had arrived in the lodging provided to Lin Ming.

“Brother Lin, please tell me now, what drove you to buy a weapon?”

“Brother Xiaodong, I know you won’t believe me, but I encountered a master and he even agreed to take me on as a disciple.”

“Eh?” Lin Xiaodong’s face became somewhat sluggish as his mouth popped open. It took him some time to recover. “Erm, brother Ming, please start from the beginning.”

Lin Ming nodded and released a sigh before he began emplaning about the morning where he went to practice in the forest at the foot of the Zhou Mountains. Whilst practicing, he encountered an old man that descended from the sky. Old man told him that they had providence and accepted him as a disciple on the spot. He imparted a mysterious cultivation technique that required the use of a spear. The old man then left him and flew away, telling him that he will find him again when Lin Ming reaches Pulse Condensation. Lin Xiaodong stared at Lin Ming with a raised eyebrow and a smile. ‘He’s skeptical.’ Lin Ming didn’t need to be close to Lin Xiaodong to know that. The story he had just told was completely outlandish. ‘Its like if someone told me that he was walking in an empty street when a black sedan drove up beside him and the window rolled down to reveal Bill Gates, who proceeded to give an acceptance letter from MIT.’“I know you don’t believe me brother Xiaodong.” He released a sigh. Then he looked up as if staring into the sky as a smile appeared on his face. “Let me tell you something brother Xiaodong, this practice technique is something. It not only details steps all the way to Xiantian, but also beyond!”

“Beyond Xiantian?!” Lin Xiaodong’s eye’s jumped up.

Lin Ming nodded, before shaking his head. “Unfortunately I can’t share it with you brother Xiaodong, master has strictly forbidden me from doing so.”

Lin Xiaodong furiously shook his head. “That’s alright brother Ming.” A smile adorned his face. “Its great that you managed to find such amazing luck.” His eyes suddenly narrowed as he looked left and right. “But brother, please make sure you don’t tell anyone else. You have an amazing legacy skill, one that will cause an intense bloodshed if exposed.”

“Yes brother Xiaodong. I will be sure not to do so.”

……………….

‘Man, its hard to act.’ Lin Ming sat down on his bed after sending off a jovial Lin Xiaodong. ‘But that was necessary. My cultivation is going to shoot up from now on.’ His eyes wandered over to a particular skill as he called out his Skill Window.

Create Instant Dungeon <Active> Lv. 1 Exp: 1.0%

Used to create instant dungeons.

Stronger Instant Dungeons can be created at higher levels.

Currently Available ID List:

  1. Empty ID: No Monsters, Time scale: 1:100

‘Heh, I didn’t think I would get this skill in the first try.’ This morning, after getting tired of thinking about Manifestation, Lin Ming had thought about other venues of increasing his understanding or strength without increasing his cultivation. One trick that immediately came to him was to try to create instant dungeons. If he could create instant dungeons then he wouldn’t have to worry about a lot of things, including sources of money. ‘Alright, its worth a shot.’ He tried following the method utilised by Han Jihan and surprisingly achieved it in first go. ‘With this amount of time, it shouldn’t take me long to figure out the laws and come up with my refining technique.’ Once that happened, he had a feeling that his martial cultivation would shoot through the roof and in such situations where he would need to move quickly, having an imaginary backing would only help him.

Hey guys, sorry about the somewhat late update. The next chapter will be coming through tomorrow. As you may be able to tell, I've spent the first 9 chapters establishing the characters and setting (to a certain extent) so I plan to pick up the pace from next chapter onwards.

9