Lin Ming’s Martial Training Manual
441 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘I think having only the five phases as the basis is the best for now.’

He had thought about it at length; he didn’t have enough of a foundation in the laws to attempt something like the eight trigrams. ‘Not only do I lack the element of heaven, I don’t understand the evolution of the eight trigrams from the yin and yang. I don’t even understand the yin and yang concepts.’ It was counterproductive to try to come up with an incomplete martial art. ‘I also don’t know the amount of time it will take or even if I will be able to understand these concepts. I also don’t know how this will affect me in the future.’ He shook his head. ‘Besides, the five phases should be a part of the eight trigrams…hopefully. Whatever the case, I really don’t want to delay any further.’ He couldn’t afford to wait any longer. The longer he stayed around Sky Fortune City, the more chances that he will encounter the very first antagonist of the story; Zhu Yan. Although the guy would probably have his ass handed to him on a silver platter by the current Lin Ming, the following consequences and ripple effects would actually cause him major headaches. He knew that as long as he was on the Skyspill Planet, he was safe from the big bosses. The problem actually came from the fact that everybody had backing. “If you kill the young, the old come, if you kill the old, the even older ones come.” Lin Ming muttered under his breath. On top of this, knowing that there are actually people here whom can simply wave their hands and wipe entire cities out of existence was making him extremely uncomfortable to say the least. He knew that he needed to be at the Xiantian level or even one level beyond that, to be anywhere near comfortable being here. ‘Alright, time to get down to business.’ Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes and focused on his dantian. Extracting out one-fifth of his true essence he converted it into the Earth rune, turning it into an earth elemental which merged with his body.

[Earth elemental has merged with your body, your body’s defence has increased]

Ignoring the notification, he drew a fire rune with another fifth of his true essence, causing a sticky, hot feeling to envelope his body.

[Fire elemental has merged with your body. The earth elemental is being refined by the present fire elemental]

Then, he drew out a wood rune, causing his body to suddenly turn reddish-pink as waves of heat roiled off him.

[Wood elemental has merged with your body. The fire elemental has been empowered by the wood elemental, the speed of refinement of the elemental has been increased]

As his skin went from reddish-pink to red to black, a layer of solidified muck appeared on his body. Yet, he didn’t move. After a few more minutes, the muck cracked and began splitting open. As chunks of muck fell to the floor, a lightly glowing bronze body was revealed.

[The Earth elemental has been refined into a metal elemental]

[Divine Ability: Metallic Body has been created]
Lin Ming still didn’t care as he created a wood rune. He furrowed his brows as sweat appeared on his forehead. An azure glow slowly spread out from his abdomen, until it covered every inch of his body. Suddenly, there was the sound of breaking glass, followed by a blue glow.

[The wood elemental has shattered the metal elemental, creating a water elemental]

[Wood elemental has been empowered by the water elemental]

He created the earth rune followed by the fire rune, continuing the cycle. It was only after ten cycles of this did he see the prompt he wanted to see.

[Congratulations on Lin Ming’s Martial Training Manual! Detected that more than 20 skills have been created. The Simulation Window has been created]

Before he could even wonder about the new function, a bunch of information appeared in his mind. Of course due to the Gamer’s Mind, he didn’t have any problem accepting this new information. ‘This…its about the new training method?’

The skill was called Lin Ming’s Martial Training Manual. It was basically the martial arts training manual created by Lin Ming. ‘Its still the system that created the detailed manual in the end.’ He rubbed his temple. ‘But why is it a Body Refinement Manual?’ The skill he wanted to create was a martial arts manual that would help him cultivate the essence gathering system. In the end though, he ended up creating a skill that actually helps him progress through the Body Transformation. ‘What is this manual though? It follows the traditional route of Body Training Stage with Strength Training, Flesh Training, Viscera Training, Altering Muscle and finally Bone Forging. After this stage however, it completely abandons the Eight Inner Hidden Gates and the 9 Stars of the Dao Palace.’ He furrowed his brows. As far as he knew, these stages were present because they were literally the only way to progress. ‘Instead, the stage after the Body Training Stage is Dao Star Body Stage. At this point, the cultivator doesn’t need to focus on using heaven and earth origin energy to open the eight channels. Instead, they would need their body to undergo baptism from all the laws they could get their hands on. The deeper their understanding of the said laws, the more immunity they would gain against damage from the particular law. They would carve the law rune into their bones, also allowing for the direct channeling of astral essence of the corresponding astral essence.’ He had to pause. To stop himself from scoffing at the information. Lin Ming, the main character, couldn’t even hope to touch Astral Essence until he was nearing the end of the novel. ‘So you’re telling me I can gain an endgame ability just like that?’ Shaking his head, he continued reading. If this method can let him access endgame abilities like that, then he better be prepared for some pain when practicing it. ‘The third and final stage of this technique is to allow the practitioner to form a world through their own bodies, allowing each law rune to evolve into a Great Dao of their own. This feels…a little unreal.’ A sigh was released from his chest. ‘I think I need a little break from this thing. Lets check the new function.’ He called the new window.

“Simulation Window.”

We will be back to our regular amount of 2 chapters. Next week's chapters have been auto-qued to release at 5:30 am UTC 30/01 so they definitely won't be late. Sorry about the late chapters once again guys, hopefully I'll be a bit more prepared next time after learning from this time.

11