No Map
337 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘X-xiantian!’

The old man stepped back as his body jerked away. “I need some guidance from you Deputy Master.” This time, the voice snaked its way into his ears from behind instead of echoing inside his mind. A hand fell on his shoulders before he could react.

‘My true essence is suppressed.’ The old man felt his true essence slowing down in his body. “I wonder what this senior requires from an old man such as me?”

Lin Ming raised an eyebrow at this response. ‘I’m really not that old.’ Shaking his thoughts free from distractions, he began speaking. “I would like Deputy Martial House Master to point me to your sect; the Seven Profound Valleys.”

“This request, I…” the old man frowned, his fists tightly clenching.

“Please don’t misunderstand Deputy House Master,” Lin Ming could immediately tell that the old man was hesitating, so he decided to try to clear up his purpose, “I’m not actually wanting to harm Seven Profound Valleys. I simply want to ask them directions to Divine Phoenix Island.”

The old man became wide-eyed at this. He gritted his teeth, clenching his fists hard and furrowing his brows. Then, as if a load had suddenly lifted from his chest, he released a long sigh. “Very well senior,” the old man sighed and pointed in a particular direction. “Please head west from here. It would be a straight line. It should be only a fortnight’s journey.”

‘Yeah, that definitely won’t do.’ He furrowed his brows. ‘I only have 23 hours to get to the Divine Phoenix Island and back. After all, I still need to go to work tomorrow.’ He stroked his chin with his free hand before nodding. ‘Time to use Meditation and Concentration.’

“Very well. Thank you for your guidance.” He nodded and disappeared once again. The old man heard a large booming sound coming from the direction he had just pointed at.  The breath he was unconsciously holding back was finally released. “That senior had unfathomable power.” He muttered under his breath as a furrow appeared between his brows. “I wonder if this will cause trouble for the sect.” Of course under the huge pressure of death he felt from the senior, he didn’t dare lie. “I guess I will just have to wait.”

‘I can’t hit top speeds immediately, the g-force will be too great for both of us.’ Lin Ming was flying through the air, rapidly accelerating. It continued to increase, becoming faster and faster until the air around the pocket had been ignited. Despite the constant acceleration and the rapidly rolling pocket of air he had to maintain in order to insulate him from the heat, Lin Ming didn’t have to utilize too much of his concentration. This allowed for his thoughts to drift off. This afternoon, after he had left the instant dungeon earlier than expected, he had gone to see Lin Xiaodong.

“Brother Ming, how is your training going?” Lin Xiaodong was jovial as always.

“Its coming along well brother Xiaodong.” He smiled at Lin Xiaodong. “I actually had a favour to ask of brother Xiaodong.”

“Oh?” A furrow came across Lin Xiaodong’s forehead. “Are you lacking funds brother Ming?”

Lin Ming shook his head. “Actually master wanted me to pick out a training ground, so he asked me to try to find a map of the South Horizon Region.”

“Eh?” Lin Xiaodong’s eyes widened before he shook his head. “Brother Ming I’m afraid nobody would be able to help you in this matter.”

“Brother Xiaodong, could you please elaborate?”

“Brother Ming, what is the South Horizon Region?”

“Huh?” This time it was Lin Ming’s turn to be astounded. “Um, brother Xiaodong, if you don’t mind enlightening me, what is the largest area map that I can get access to?”

“That really depends brother Ming,” Lin Xiaodong looked off into the distance as he spoke, “the biggest map available to the general public would be that of the Sky Fortune Kingdom. Since you are part of the Lin family, I should be able to get the map of the surrounding kingdoms such as Grace Venerate Kingdom and Huoluo Nation.” He shook his head. “But you will have to give me a month at least. I’m going to need to pull some strings to get the maps over here.”

“Forget it brother Xiaodong.” Lin Ming shook his. “I’ll just let master find a suitable spot for me.”

“Very well brother Ming.”

It was only hitting Lin Ming now, that with the size of the continents here as well as the travelling speed of the general populous it would be a miracle if anybody left the country in their lifetimes. The fact that there almost never a real urgent need to do so meant most common map around would only be the country’s. This led Lin Ming to his current position. He could only rely on the Seven Profound Martial House and Seven Profound Valley to find his way to Divine Phoenix Island.

As he saw the black and barren mountain in the distance, he began slowing down. It didn’t take long until the mountain became bigger and started filling up his vision. “We are here.” Observing the mountain, it was indeed as he had read in the novel. Despite sometimes not even giving people a description of characters, the novel did a good job of describing some of the scenery and the overall ambience. This mountain in front was the tallest peak of the Sky Mountain Range. ‘What is the obsession with mountains?’ Shaking his head of distracting thoughts, he focused and spoke out.

“Would fellow martial artists please come out? This one needs a little bit of assistance.” He spoke normally, without any shouting. Yet, using the power of Zephyr Body, he was able to transmit them through the air and into the peaks. It only took a few moments before he saw several silhouettes suddenly emerge out of the mountain ranges in the distance and fly over.

Hey guys, sorry about the late chapters. I'll probably release an extra chapter between now and next week but not exactly sure about the date. Next week's chapters should be coming out on Sunday 13/02 5:30 AEST

9