9. Firestarter
342 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They cut meat into long strands for four hours while chatting happily and soon a pile of stands of meat came about. While feeling satisfied, he went towards his makeshift kitchen and made racks above the fireplace and long sticks were placed above it. With the help of his sister, the meat strands were brought and hung in these sticks, and the fire was started. Only the smoke and some of the heat are applied for many hours to it. Looking at the strands of meat dangling above the fireplace, his mother and sister asked him about it. He had to explain the method and process to them for an hour until they are satisfied.

His mother and sister became ecstatic with joy because they always wanted the meat to last longer. Finding a way to store more days means less hunting time which sometimes becomes dangerous for the hunter or we could say, the hunter sometimes becomes hunted. But he knew that the grains and vegetables are easier to store and not difficult to grow.

Among these thongs, he was thinking about the primitive problem, which is to start a fire easier way. They are starting a fire by rubbing wood against wood, which is good but took a lot of time to start a fire. He wants to improvise it and make some kind of fire. He knew that to improve his clan, he had found a way to start a fire easier way. Without it, the development will halt and improvement will be slow.

After reaching out to Mila, he told his plan to visit another site for more materials which will be helpful to him. When he called for her in private, she was blushing red but soon she paid attention to his request. Sensing the blush, he also blushed but regain his composure because it was important for both of them. She did not want another misfortune to appear and be in a critical situation so she decided to tell their mother. Understanding her intention, they told their mother about the plan and after careful consideration, she agreed to go together with them.

Soon, he was followed by his mother and sisters headed to the jungle which was a slightly different direction than the usual one while carrying a lot of rations because they want to do this for five days. While traveling, he gather most of the plants and herbs, which were edible. He also found ginger, garlic, and many types of masala so he picked it up in a moderate amount. He planned to taste it and grow it in their place for the future. By the end of the day, they fall asleep in a makeshift cave happily chatting till midnight while one of them took turns for a lookout one by one.

On the way, he picked up many solid objects like stone, wood and tried to strike them for little sports but he was unlucky and he was not in a good mood. Soon he found a white rock which was almost transparent, he strike it with each other soon, he found an almost invisible spark in it which is almost invisible. Finding this he was so happy that he dance for the first time. He knew he found one of the ways to make it easier. He gathers these stones in an adequate amount. He tried to light the fire with it.

He used these stones as a primer and some cotton as the secondary which made it easier to create a fire in less time. When his mother and sister saw him making a fire in record time they were dancing with joy following his lead. He was not satisfied with this much only, he wanted to make like lighter but due to lack of proper fuel, he cannot do anything. But the progress was massive so he was happy as of now. They ended up roasting freshly caught small animals and feasting day and night while searching good amount of everything. 

On the fourth day, while searching for more such stone, he found a black object which was lodged into the soil and look like black iron. After inspecting it, he tried to scratch it with the help of his only knife but soon the knife got attracted towards it. The knife practically flew towards it and stuck in it. As soon as he saw it, he became awe with happiness, this meant only one thing that he found a strong magnet. He immediately knew that he found something good so he dug the whole area and found five big chunks of a magnet. After explaining the use of a magnet to his mother, he tried to stick to many things and soon found pure iron ore around a kilometer away with the help of a magnet.

8