Chapter 2
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amara felt the sunlight touch her face and a soft breeze passing by her. Breeze? Sunlight? She slowly opened her eyes, adjusting to the light. She felt like she slept on rocks, there was something underneath her. It was her backpack. 'My backpack?...What?...' she thought. She slid off her backpack and sat up slowly, to get a better grip of her surroundings.

She looked around and she was in a forest? 'It's beautiful but didn't she kill me' she slowly stood up ignoring the stabbing pain on her back, she walked to the direction of the river. She got on her knees and leaned in to look at her reflection. 'That's weird. There's not even a scratch'

She quickly took her phone out, there was no signal. She called for emergency services but it didn't exist. By the looks of the forest it didn't look like she was in the same one she was before and not only that her body was perfectly fine. There were no bruises or anything. "How long was i out for?" she questioned out loud.

Amara was confused, she was alive and now somewhere in the forest. However the forest was oak-brown and primitive, Amara was in awe at the size of the trees. Like it was never touched by civilization. It had an aromatic smell to it.

Amara stood up, she couldn't sit around and admire her surroundings. She needed to either find people or a place to sleep. She checked her bag and thankfully she carried most of her own supplies. Amara remembered all the key points her father practically drilled into her brain before she left.

She needs water, shelter and food.

The food will last weeks till she needs to find some in the forest, the water will last no more than three days. All Amara needed now was shelter, if she was lucky enough. Before she put her backpack on, she took some painkillers to ease the back pain, then walked the opposite way the water was flowing. "Maybe if I'm lucky it might lead me to the waterfall or something."

As she walked through the forest she stayed on high alert in case any animals jump out of nowhere. However, as she walked through the forest it was quiet. There were occasional insect noises but barely any birds. The forest was almost magical like she was on another planet.

Amara walked through some bushes and was tripped. She looked back and there was a man covered in leaves and tigs, she removed all the leaves and twigs to get a closer look. The girl gasped, he had deep cuts around his body. Like he was attacked by beasts, she checked his pulse and he was still breathing. She took a good look at him. He had rabbit ears not only that he wore animal skin? 'Who had rabbit ears in a forest' she thought.

She reached out to take them off but they were stuck. Amara was confused, she checked his hair and they were his real ears. "I don't think I'm on Earth anymore," she said. She sighed "I guess I'm not going home anymore," She mumbled, tears started to form in her eyes. Amara quickly wiped them away, she had no time to be sad, the rabbit man was injured and they needed shelter.

She was perplexed, she wasn't strong enough to carry the man with her bag and she couldn't leave her bag behind. Amara had to act quickly, the sun was going down. Placing her bag on the ground, Amara took out a ball of rope and tied the end to the man's hand. Amara held the ball loosely and walked her way through the bushes. 'I can hear a waterfall, maybe there's a cave'

Amara pushed through the bushes till she reached an open area. Her eyes light up. There was a cave and a waterfall not far from it. She rushed in and checked it. It seemed inhabited and spacious, she placed the bag down and wrapped the rope around it then tying it. 'Hopefully, no one will come'

She followed the rope back to the rabbit man, unfortunately, was still unconscious. It was getting darker, she placed him on her back and surprisingly he wasn't as heavy as she thought but she still struggled.

Once she reached the cave, she gently placed him down on the ground. The rope that was on his arm was removed. Amara rolled it up and placed it back in her bag. Before anything else happened she went outside and collected any twigs or logs that were easy enough to carry nearby.

She made a fire big enough to keep her and the rabbit man warm. Amara was so busy with getting to the shelter she didn't get to look at the man carefully.

He looked about five foot eleven, his body was slim and curvy. He had pale skin which brought out his rosy cheeks and pink lips. She couldn't make out what colour his hair was, nevertheless "He's beautiful" she said out loud.

Although he had a stripe on his, she reached out and wiped it gently but it didn't come off. Her head tilted in confusion "It's probably symbol for something."

Her eyes flickered to his lips, they looked kissable. She snapped out of her trance and pulled out a first aid kit from her bag. Amara tried to be gentle so as to not wake him up considering he's a rabbit he'd probably be frightened and maybe run away.

Once she finished wrapping him up, she placed a blanket over him. The fire was getting small so she added more, she watched as the fire burnt.

Out of nowhere, she burst into tears.

All the emotions she held in, burst out, it hit her like a truck. She's probably stuck in another world and may have no way of going home. Not only that her best friend killed her just for her life.

She wiped her tears away but they kept falling. "Why can't I stop crying, I just want to stop but I can't," she brought her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them.

Taking a few deep breaths in, she managed to stop crying. Amara knew that this was maybe her new home, she couldn't go back.

She couldn't bring herself to eat so she stayed up and watched the stars. They were beautiful, seeing stars back home wasn't possible because of the city lights. She remembers the times she and her family would go to the mountains and stargaze. It was her favourite thing but now she could no longer do it with her family.

Amara was tired of feeling sorry for herself, she slapped her cheeks "Mother and father would be disappointed if I kept feeling sorry for myself, I was given a second chance and I will live this life to the fullest," she stated with a bright smile on her face.

She glanced at the man debating whether she should sleep next to him. He did have her only large blanket, she sighs. Adding more firewood to the fire she placed her bag between him and her, then slid in the blanket.

The last thing she saw was the fire blazing.

1