Chapter 1 – The Concert
31 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You seem different, Daisy." 

I looked up from my phone, where Kylie Ford had just sent me an e-invite to her concert. Golden fireworks exploded on my screen over and over again, behind the text: 

'The Weird Sisters cordially invite you to their 

JULY JAMBOREE 

on the 6th of July, 7pm GMT, at the SuperNova Stadium, London' 

I couldn't wait to see her live again. She was going to look super hot, smashing her drum set... 

"Daisy!" 

I jumped, snapping out of my daydream of Kylie's muscles. Harry, Dudley, Piers, Hannah, Megan, and Sasha were all staring at me. 

"Y-yeah... I guess I am." I took a deep breath, looking over at Harry. 

We had discussed this before, and this year we decided that we had to do it. Not only for their safety, but because they deserved to know. What if one day we went missing? Or died? They had been our friends since the first day of primary school, and it didn't matter that we only saw them one month out of the year, or that they were Muggles. They needed to know. 

"Piers... Hannah... Megan... Sasha... there's something we haven't told you." I said. "I'm different because I can transcend the boundaries between life and death. I brought someone back to life last month." 

The four looked at me quizzically. Sasha burst out laughing. 

"What, you mean, like, you resuscitated someone?" Hannah said. 

"Whoop, go lifeguard Daisy!" Megan cheered. The loud sound echoed around the brick houses surrounding the park. 

"Guys, listen." Harry sighed. "It wasn't resuscitation. The dude was really dead." 

The four stared at me again. "What the fuck?" Piers said. "Very funny, you two." 

I shook my head. "Not joking. There's something we've been keeping from you guys since we left at eleven. We thought we had to because it's the law, we're not really supposed to tell anyone who's not like us because we're supposed to live in secrecy." 

"Because you guys have a tendency to try to kill us for it." Harry said. 

"But enough is enough. You deserve to know, because I love you guys, and we're in danger. Real danger." 

"Especially Daisy. She could end up missing and make the news five years later when her body turns up all messed up and with red eyes or some shit." Dudley said. We all turned towards him, and he held up his hands as Harry glared at him. "What? You two told me yourselves that that Dark Lord thingy wants to do horrible things to her." 

"What do you mean?" Hannah said, suddenly sounding scared. "What are you talking about?" 

"Yeah, why would you two be in danger, and why would Daisy be kidnapped and murdered?" Sasha inquired, her grin fully faded from her face. 

"And who's this Dark person?" Piers said. 

I made eye contact with Harry and Dudley. It was time to tell them. Everything. 

~~~ 

It had been brutal. To sit there and tell my friends that we had lied to them for years, and barely let them in on anything that had happened in our lives, was heartbreaking. It took several days after that to get them to look us in the eyes again, but a couple of days before we were due to go to the concert, and afterwards I to Kylie's mansion and Harry to Suzanne's house for a week before we visited Sirius and Emily for another week, the four came around and were eager for details about the wizarding world. 

"What's it like to fly a broomstick?" Piers asked me excitedly as we decorated his neighbours' prized tree in their front garden with empty crisp packets. 

"Fast, exhilarating, and windy." I told him, planting an empty Doritos packet on top of the tree. 

"What types of spells can you do? Can you do one now?" Hannah said, bouncing on the balls of her feet as we waited at the bottom of the hill for the boys to catch up, me leaning against my racing bike. 

"I mean, technically we can't do magic outside of school, but our Ministry hasn't even started thinking about developing legislation for halvies like me yet." I said, lifting my hand. A patch of daisies sprouted from in between my fingertips, and my friend gasped, leaning in to see. "We can do all sorts, summon things, create things out of thin air, change things from something into something else. Pretty cool, isn't it?" 

"So you have a joke shop business with your friends? Magical jokes?" Megan asked, lounging beside me on my bunk. The others all looked at me expectantly from around mine and Harry's room as I grinned. 

"Oh, yeah. Watch this. Dudders, grab that wand over there and give it a flick and see what happens." 

Piers, Hannah, Megan, and Sasha all watched eagerly as Dudley lifted the wand excitedly out of my trunk. Harry rolled his eyes as Dudley flicked it, and the wand immediately turned into a rubber chicken, which squawked. 

"Do you witches and wizards need to use protection? Surely not, seeing as you have magic to sort out any unwanted consequences, right?" Sasha asked, smirking as she swung beside me at the park. I choked on the iced frappuccino I was drinking, spluttering, as Harry stared off into the distance, his eyes wide. 

"Jesus fucking Christ, Sash -" 

Hannah, Megan, and Dudley rolled about laughing as Piers leaned in, interested. 

"I suppose I've heard Fred and George talking about it." I muttered. "Yeah, Madam Pomfrey has apparently had to do lots of... emergency actions... for several sixth and seventh years..." 

Harry whipped around, staring at me. "Who?!" He demanded. 

I shrugged, taking another sip of my frappuccino. 

Feeling a bit reckless this summer, I decided to invite my friends to Kylie's concert. I thought, why not, every single one of my magical friends is going to be there, and it will open their eyes to the pure awesomeness of our world. Plus, this might be the last and only time I ever get to spend with all my friends in one place. Riddle might get me before then. Or I could be dead. Or any of them could be. 

I knew that it was reckless. I knew that it was INCREDIBLY against the law, and I might get caught. But I didn't care. I didn't care about much these days. I knew what I was capable of. The Department of Mysteries had shown me that; I had fought a ton of Death Eaters, tortured Bellatrix Lestrange, and won in a battle of wills against Voldemort himself. I was unstoppable, and nothing as small and silly as the Statue of Secrecy was going to hold me back from living my best life anymore. 

Plus, I'm Daisy Potter. I'm surprised I haven't done anything as crazy as inviting my Muggle friends to a wizarding concert yet. 

The day of the concert soon rolled around, and I was waiting excitedly for Fred and George with my brother, cousin, and friends. The twins had arranged to come here and Apparate us to the SuperNova Stadium, and I was especially excited for how they were going to react to Side-Along Apparition. 

"Hey, Daze, can I borrow those?" Megan asked, pointing to the straighteners that I sometimes used to attempt to tame my wild hair (usually failing spectacularly). 

"Sure." I said, slipping on my little kitten heels with big sparkly bows on the front. I watched as Sasha ran her curlers through her blonde hair as Hannah put on hairspray, shaking her thick chestnut mane and fluffing it out. Dudley was combing back his hair, clad in a tank top and jeans, while Harry was spraying cologne on himself and Piers was shrugging on his leather jacket. 

While the rest of my friends were appropriately dressed, the girls all in booty shorts and cropped camis, or in Sasha's case a very revealing dress, Harry was wearing jeans and the jacket that he's worn for the past three years. 

"That's what you're wearing?" I asked him as I spritzed a bit of Marc Jacob's perfume on. 

Harry turned to me, raising an eyebrow. "That's what YOU'RE wearing?" 

I looked down at myself. I was wearing a very short, tight skirt that hugged my curves and showed off my long legs, and a lacy, pastel pink bralette. It didn't really do much to support my so-big-it-hurt-my-back-sometimes chest, but it was sexy, and that was all that mattered tonight. 

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" 

I heard a loud CRACK outside. It echoed around the street, and someone appeared at the bedroom window opposite ours, peering through the curtains. 

"That'll be them." I stood up, extending my hand to Sasha. She took it, looking as intrigued as the others as we made our way out of mine and Harry's room and down the stairs. 

"Right, now, you lot be safe and text us when you're on the way back." Uncle Vernon puffed, approaching us from the living room. 

"Yes, yes, let me grab my shoes and I'll go out and thank your mum, Megan." Aunt Petunia said, reaching for her pumps beside the door. She had bought the lie I'd told her about us all attending a concert a few towns over, and Megan's mum giving us a lift there and back. 

"No need!" I said hurriedly. "I'll tell her you said thanks. We'll be back before midnight." 

"Alright. Be safe. Don't talk to strangers." Aunt Petunia warned, hugging Dudley before we all traipsed out the front door. 

"There!" I squealed as Harry shut the door. Fred and George were waiting at the end of the street, under the shade of a big tree at the corner. Both were wearing neon pink button-ups, with black jeans and leather jackets (as if they'd ever wear normal clothes, SMH), and both their hair was gelled and tousled, as if trying to capture a sexy windswept look. 

(And it kind of worked.) 

"Softpaw!" Fred and George chorused as I ran towards them, my arms out. The two of them caught me in their arms, drawing me closer, and we all hugged tightly. When the others caught up with us, audible by Dudley and Hannah bickering and Piers' jacket squeaking, we finally broke apart. 

"Softpaw... I -" Fred's eyes immediately dropped to my chest, and they widened. I smirked. I know the effect I have on most boys and girls. And I'm used to it by now. 

I turned to George. "You ready to go?" 

His eyes were also on my breasts, his bottom lip drawn into his mouth by his teeth. 

"Bushy!" 

George jumped. "Y-yeah! Okay, c'mon everyone, grab onto either me or Red." 

My friends, brother, and cousin moved on the twins, holding their outstretched arms, as Harry glared at Fred, whose eyes were darkened and still tracing over my body. 

Next second, we were squeezing through a very tight tube of time and space, then we had our feet firmly planted on the pavement outside the stadium. 

"Oh my GOD!" Megan screamed, whirling around and gazing around her. "What the fuck was that?" 

"Did we just teleport?" Piers asked eagerly. "That was so fucking cool!" 

"Can we do it again?" Dudley grinned. 

"Not so sure about that." Sasha said weakly, bracing herself on the wall next to us. "Ugh, I'm gonna vom." 

"Please don't." I said. "We have a concert to attend!" 

We had to go through so much security to even get to the doors, what with Aurors having to check everyone before we went in to ensure that no Dark wizard terrorists tried to get in. 

"Why are they checking us SO much?" Sasha complained as an Auror patted her down for the third time. 

"Because of the Tom Riddle guy I told you about, remember?" I said, walking on. 

"Tickets, please." The bouncer at the door said, holding out his hand. I smirked again, brushing away my fringe from my forehead from where it had blow over during the Apparition. The bouncer's eyes widened, and he immediately stepped aside. "Go right ahead, Miss Potter, Miss Ford has said that you're allowed unlimited plus ones." 

"Thanks." I said breezily, sweeping past him. The others all ogled me, clearly not used to the benefits that come with dating a member of a world-famous wizarding band. 

"Softpaw, I cannot believe we're sneaking Muggles in here." George muttered into my ear as we emerged into the foyer before the actual stadium. 

"It's literally illegal." Fred said. "I LOVE it." 

"And some of your Muggle friends are quite cute..." George said, his eyes on Sasha now. I rolled my eyes, grinning, as we pushed our way into the stadium through the crowd. 

"Softpaw!" Terry's voice cut through the crowd, and I raised my hand high into the air as he and Draco fought through to us, both madly grinning. 

Soon, we'd all gathered with our classmates and friends and were near the front, close enough to the stage that we could see what was going on, but weren't being squished. Fred, George, Terry, Draco, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Lee, Bonnie, Connie, Katie, Lewis, Kurt, Leanne, Neville, Dean, Seamus, Lavender, Parvati, Padma, Anthony, Luna, Ernie, Suzanne, Shannon, Pansy, Cedric, Colin, Louis, Harry, my Muggle friends, and I were all vibing hard as the Weird Sisters performed their hearts and lungs out. 

I swayed with my very large group of friends as my eyes were glued to Kylie, at the back of her band, smashing the drums with all her might, the sweat trickling down her skin, her huge arm muscles flexing as she performed, her hair wet and messy as she slammed down her drumsticks. I felt the heat in my skin rising as I watched, felt my cheeks go rosy with the thought of just what else she could smash later... 

"Daisy, sweetheart! How's it going?" 

I turned to see Sirius approaching through the crowd, pulling Emily through by the hand. The two had plastic cups of Firewhisky, mostly empty. Both looked to be at least tipsy, with Emily giggling, and Sirius's eyes too bright, slurring his words slightly. 

"Hey, Sirius! I'm good, what about you?" I shouted over the music. 

"I'm excellent, thank you, Daisy!" Sirius called. "I'm looking forward to you and your brother coming over in a week! I see you've brought some Muggle friends with you?" 

I cringed. Uh oh, I'd been discovered. I turned to watch, and Hannah, Megan, Sasha, Piers, and Dudley were all gazing around at the bright multicoloured lights being shot up into the air by various people's wands, and the sparkling effects that groups of friends were making in the air. Very talented dancers were above the crowd on brooms, moving their feet across the thin wooden surface to the beat of the music. Special effects like a giant grey skull with bright pink and yellow roses and tulips were being shot up into the air, which faded into the shape of a pirate ship, and fairies flitted through the crowd, acting like little glowsticks. 

Yes, this was absolutely breaking the Statue of Secrecy. 

"You're just like your dad." Sirius told me, grinning widely. "I'm proud of you, sweetheart. Let me guess, the risk is making it fun for you?" 

I nodded, a grin unfurling on my face too. I should've known. This is exactly something that my dad and Sirius would've done at my age. 

"Here, let me get you guys some drinks!" Sirius was yelling, and before anyone could tell him that a lot of us were still underage, he had disappeared with Emily towards the concert's bar. 

I shrugged, turning back around. The band had finished their song, and Kylie was walking up to the mic now. I felt a rush go through me as I realised her eyes were on me. 

"This next one goes out to my sexy, insanely good-looking girlfriend. You're my one and only, babe." Kylie crooned into the mic, smirking at me. The crowd cheered as she whipped her sweaty tank top off, tossing it to me. I caught it, feeling my cheeks burn. I pulled it over my head and down over my chest, feeling it constricting me a little due to the size difference. 

Then I had an idea. I reached up under the shirt, which stank of Kylie (but I didn't mind), and unclipped my bralette. I pulled it out, tossing it high towards the stage, and it caught Kylie on the shoulder as she was walking back to her drum set. Kylie turned, surprised, and picked it up, observing it. A smirk slowly appeared on her face, and her eyes made contact with mine again. 

Kylie's sisters all smirked at her as she stepped up to her little podium, hanging my bralette on the pole protruding from one of her cymbals. I blushed furiously as my bra hung there for everyone in the concert hall to see. 

The song was, of course, a soppy love song which included some very dirty lyrics. Halfway through, Sirius found us again, waving his wand to bring a large round of drinks to us all. The plastics cups full of Firewhisky bumped through the crowd, each drifting to my classmates and friends, who all cheered their appreciation to my godfather. 

"How did you -" I started. 

"Black family money." Sirius tapped his forehead, grinning. "Just don't tell Molly or Dumbledore, alright?" 

"Absolutely not!" Fred and I roared, laughing. 

We sipped our Firewhisky together as Sirius and Emily pushed back through the crowd with their full cups of Firewhisky, heading back towards the barrier. 

"Concerts are your godfather's favourite place, it looks like." Fred commented into my ear, and I nodded. Of course Sirius would love concerts. The way he dresses, his whole attitude in general... the man loves a bit of a crazy rock concert. 

I looked down at my Firewhisky, nervous. From what I'd heard, it burned your throat as you drank it. 

"Go on, it's not that bad." Fred told me. "Trust me." 

I looked at him. His brown eyes were twinkling mischievously. 

"You've had it before?" 

"Of course I have, I'm Fred Weasley." He said indifferently. "Go on, take a nice big gulp, it'll only be worse if you take a tiny baby sip." 

I rolled my eyes at his goading and took a huge gulp. Immediately my throat started burning, and my eyes watered. I whacked Fred as my eyes streamed down my face, choking slightly. 

"You bastard!" 

Fred cackled. I rolled my eyes again, grinning against my will. 

Around us, all the couples were making out. Terry and Draco practically had their tongues down each other's throats. But I was surprised to see my Muggle friends all getting it on with my magical friends; Ron and Hannah were snogging, Ron's hands gently cupping Hannah's face; Megan was practically all over Neville; Dudley had Parvati lifted up in the air and her hands were all over his body; Piers was grinding into Lavender's ass as she swayed in front of him, giggling; and George and Sasha were playing tonsil tennis. 

"Wow." I said. 

"Horny fuckers." Fred nodded. 

And so Fred and I spent the rest of the concert enjoying each other's company as everyone else acted horny. We danced together, sang together, went to the bar for a bit and pretended we were twenty and drank some more. But after the Weird Sisters had wrapped up their set and had gone backstage, I fought my way through the crowd and followed them. 

"Hey, fans can't come back h- oh, terribly sorry, Miss Potter, come on through." 

I followed the stagehand as he directed me through to the dressing rooms. I made a beeline for the door with Kylie's name on it and burst in, not even knocking. 

Kylie looked up at me, still with only her sports-bra on, my bralette in her hand. "Oh, hey babe." 

I threw myself at her, my lips connecting with hers. Kylie responded enthusiastically, her tongue working its way into my mouth. Her hands moved up and down my body slowly but firmly, making me gasp into her mouth. 

"You taste of alcohol." Kylie told me, muttering against my lips. "You're a bit tipsy." 

"I know." I giggled, kissing down her neck. She groaned, pushing me hard against the door. 

"If you're not careful, I might just take you right here against this door." Kylie purred into my ear. 

I pulled away from her, settling my hands on her shoulders. I bit my lip, gazing up at her. "Why don't you?" 

Then I giggled loudly as Kylie's hand slipped underneath my skirt, and entered my knickers...

0