Chapter 7 – Dealing with Heartbreak
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just an additional warning  in case anyone forgot   

This book will go through Daisy's 'hoe phase' so there will be a lot of smut. If that's not your thing, you can skip those scenes, but it is important to the plot to know the people she screws lol (at least some of them) 

This book will also discuss the topics of sexual assault, roofie-ing, self-harm, accidental pregnancy, and trauma much more than previous books. If any of this is likely to trigger you, I recommend skipping this book. 

Onwards ~ 

I sat on the floor of the Astronomy Tower with my knees up to my chest, my face buried in my knees as my tears flowed freely. The night was strangely still, with barely any breeze flowing through the open room, and the stars were twinkling overhead in the clear navy sky. 

Images flashed through my head of Kylie holding my hand but staring at Hermione... of Kylie kissing me but thinking of Hermione... of Kylie taking Hermione into her private dorm room and fucking her... 

No matter how scandalous, the thoughts kept streaming through my mind, just like the tears down my cheeks. I just kept thinking of those two together, both jeering at me, Kylie doing everything with her that she did with me, Hermione enjoying everything that I'd had just yesterday... 

But worst of all were the memories of us. In between the flashes of panicked thoughts about the two who I'd thought loved me, were images of Kylie and I together, what I would never experience again. 

~

"I can't wait to take you to my sister's wedding, Daisy." Kylie said. "I'll get to show you off to everyone and you can meet your future in-laws." 

I gazed into her eyes as she smirked down at me. "My future in-laws, huh? What makes you so sure I'll marry you?" 

"Because I'm so hot." Kylie pointed out, and I shrugged. "And you're going to fall so DEEP in love with me... just like I will with you..." 

I giggled as she caressed my sides, leaning in for a deep, passionate kiss.

Umbridge ordered us back to our seats, but I took Kylie's hand solemnly in mine. Terry beamed, raising his wand. 

"I hereby marry these two women in holy matrimony or whatever the fuck. You may kiss the bride!" 

Kylie and I leaned in, and our lips met. I drew her closer to me, letting her lips move passionately with mine as the class applauded us. Umbridge was furious when we broke apart, giving Terry, Kylie, and me another round of detentions. 

"Ma'am - where are you going - you need to evacuate too -" 

"I'm not going to just leave." I said. "They need my help." 

"Baby -" 

I whirled around, my fists clenching, expecting Kylie to tell me to leave the building. Instead, she grabbed her wand from her dressing table. 

"- Wait for me." 

My heart soared in my chest as she joined me at the door, with only her jeans, combat boots, and sports-bra on. She pushed her short hair out of her sapphire eyes, and they made contact with me. 

"You clearly do know how to woo a girl." I murmured. 

Kylie's eyes flashed in delicious amusement. Her grin faded to a smirk, and she stepped closer. 

"I'm assuming I'll have a plus-one to the wedding. Would you do me the honour...?" 

My eyes widened. "Uh - hell yeah! Is that even a question?" 

"Good. I wouldn't have wanted to have to ask somebody else." Kylie stepped even closer. I leaned in, feeling her body so close to mine... that smirk was doing things to me, and her ice-blue eyes were piercing into my soul... 

Kylie caught my eye from across the park, and immediately her expression relaxed. She sent me a charismatic wink, and I blushed, turning away to kick my swing into the air a little. 

Kylie glanced up at me as I approached, lifting the water bottle and spilling the rest of the contents over her head. "Hey, you're Daisy Potter, right?" 

"You're a hundred percent correct!" I beamed. 

She regarded me with amusement, her short hair dripping onto her ripped robes. "I'm Kylie Ford. Drummer of the Weird Sisters." 

"I know. That you're the drummer, I mean. I was -" 

"Watching me?" Kylie said, a slight smirk on her face. 

Kylie led me away until we were on the pavilion where the wedding ceremony had taken place earlier. It had been cleared of any furniture, but the decorations were still up, and the fairies were glowing against the night sky above us. Stars were twinkling in the clear sky, and the music was still faintly thrumming along in the background. A soft ballad came on. Kylie gently placed her hands on my waist, and I slid mine up to her shoulders. She moved me around, gently rocking us under the stars as the music played. 

"I've been meaning to ask you something." Kylie said. 

I looked up at her. Her face was lit up only slightly by the multicoloured fairies flying about. 

"Daisy Potter... will you be my girlfriend?" 

Kylie and her bodyguards approached us from behind as the crowd at the end of the third task roared, and Kylie touched my arm lightly, smiling broadly. 

"Hey, Daisy Potter." She said, her eyes shining. 

"Hey, Kylie Ford." I grinned, and we both leaned in this time. 

Our mouths connected, and the crowd in the stands went insane. Our lips moved together, our arms snaking around each other's bodies, holding each other tight. Then Kylie drew away, biting her lip, and smirked at me as she slinked away with her security team. 

Floppy approached, his eyes bulging, and he opened his mouth to speak, but Kylie got her wand out. She pointed it at him threateningly, and the Malfoy eyed it cautiously. 

"I have a team of the best solicitors on retainer at all times, and for what I pay them, they can make absolutely anything go away for me. So you better scarper before I perform an Unforgivable on you." Kylie said in a low, dangerous voice. 

Floppy gulped, blanching, and backed away. Kylie pocketed her wand satisfactorily. 

"You're hot." I told her. 

"You've said." 

Kylie reached us, and bent down. She grabbed my face in her hands, and before I knew it, her lips were on mine. Fred's chanting immediately stopped, but the rest of the hall roared even louder. I heard McGonagall's, "Alright, alright, settle down -!" through the din, but I could hardly register it as Kylie's lips moved with mine, her tongue slipping into my mouth, meeting mine. Eventually she pulled back, making eye contact with me for a long moment, smirking with her lip ring pulled into her mouth by her teeth, then turned and sat beside Harry. 

"I can see myself marrying you, Daisy Potter." Kylie said smoothly as we finished off our two-hundred-Galleon desserts under a mood-lighting chandelier, the harp playing softly in the background. 

I blushed. And my face got even hotter as she leant forward and swiped her thumb against my bottom lip, wiping off a tiny bit of cream. 

And the way she was looking at me... her eyebrows relaxed, her small smirk playing on her lips, her twinkling eyes... 

I think I'm falling in love.

Oh, what a fool I was. Thinking I could be with and stay with someone like that... A member of a world famous band, ridiculously rich, extremely high maintenance. Our relationship was fast and passionate, and we flew too close to the sun. 

I know all this now. So why won't the tears stop? 

The thoughts of Kylie and Hermione together and the memories of what'll never happen again burned a pulsing path of pain into my heart as I sat there and sobbed into my knees. I couldn't bear to think about Kylie telling me she wanted to marry me, to introduce me to her family, couldn't bear to think about her defending me so valiantly and chivalrously, couldn't bear to think about how I was falling so deep in love with her and wanted her to be my future... 

I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I thought she'd grow old with me. I gave my whole heart to her. 

And, like anyone else that has awe-strikingly good looks, a mountain of designer material possessions, and a million girls wishing they were hers, she shattered it into a million pieces. 

'Kylie Ford: Notorious Heartbreaker' - that'd be a good article Rita Skeeter could write up. Oh, who am I kidding? She'll definitely be writing something after she hears about this. 

"Softpaw? Softpaw!" 

I raised my head from my knees at the sound of my nickname being called softly. My friends' voices echoed from the spiral staircase, and a moment later Terry, Fred, and George appeared at the top. 

It took them a moment to find me. Immediately, Terry was by my side, collapsing beside me and leaning his head on my shoulder. Fred and George sat on my other side, Fred slinging an arm around my shoulders. 

"She's a bastard, Daze." Fred said quietly. "I know I never approved of your relationship with her, but she had no right to do that to you." 

"I have removed my standom." Terry stated. "I am completely and one hundred percent on your side, babe." 

"You're too good for her." George said. "And yes, I know she's stunning and rich and famous, but none of that matters. You're the better person here, hands down. And she doesn't deserve you." 

I smiled as I choked out another sob. 

"Thank you, guys. I love you..." 

"We love you, Daisy." 

~~~ 

The weeks went by after my breakup and the subsequent Astronomy Tower crying session with my bros. The gossip had, of course, flown about the school, with everyone wildly speculating which one of us broke it off and which one of us was dumped. I was showered in sympathy by every one of my friends. I spotted Kylie with her face in her hands several times in deserted corridors and bathrooms, crying. Once she approached me, asking for a second chance. 

"I know I said I was in love with Hermione, but I believe you can be in love with two people at once." Kylie said hurriedly one day as she kept up with my pace. 

I was quickly striding towards Charms, and I was surprised at the apparent deterioration of Kylie's cool and haughty persona, which had been replaced by a miserable and faded one. Her face was pale and her eyes had red rings around them; clearly she had been crying for a while before she'd spotted me being late while she was skipping class. 

"I'm in love with both you and Hermione, but I miss you so much, and I think I forgot how much I love you when I smelled that potion, and my judgement got all messed up -" 

"I also believe that you can be in love with two people at once." I said coldly. "But in that situation, I make my decision and I stay loyal to the relationship that I chose." 

We arrived outside the Charms classroom. I stopped and whirled around to face Kylie, her reddened eyes widening. 

"Go fuck Hermione and leave me alone." 

And I swept into the classroom. 

~~~

As time passed, Kylie seemed to get a hold of herself. I was still crying into my pillow every night and crying into either Terry, Fred, or George's shirts every day, but the pain was slowly lessening. Kylie and Hermione were seen around the school holding hands and kissing. I hadn't talked much to Hermione since the breakup, as it was still raw and fresh, but I acknowledged that she was innocent in it all. 

I woke early one morning, which was proving stormy, and whiled away the time until breakfast by reading my copy of Advanced Potion-Making. I didn't usually lie in bed reading my textbooks; that sort of behaviour, as George rightly said, was indecent in anybody except Hermione, who was simply weird that way. I felt, however, that the Half-Blood Prince's copy of Advanced Potion-Making hardly qualified as a textbook. The more I pored over the book, the more I realised how much was in there, not only the handy hints and shortcuts on potions that was earning me such a glowing reputation with Slughorn, but also the imaginative little jinxes and hexes scribbled in the margins, which I was sure, judging by the crossings-out and revisions, that the Prince had invented himself.

I had already attempted a few of the Prince's self-invented spells. There had been a hex that caused toenails to grow alarmingly fast (I had tried this on Will Ash in the corridor, with very entertaining results); a jinx that glued the tongue to the roof of the mouth (which I had twice used, to general applause, on an unsuspecting Filch); and, perhaps most useful of all, Muffliato, a spell that filled the ears of anyone nearby with an unidentifiable buzzing, so that lengthy conversations could be held in class without being overheard. 

Sitting up in bed, I turned the book sideways so as to examine more closely the scribbled instructions for a spell that seemed to have caused the Prince some trouble. There were many crossings-out and alterations, but finally, crammed into a corner of the page, the scribble:

'Levicorpus (n-vbl)' 

While the wind and sleet pounded relentlessly on the windows, and George snored loudly, I stared at the letters in brackets. N-vbl... that had to mean 'non-verbal.' 

Pointing my wand at nothing in particular, I gave it an upward flick and said 'Levicorpus!' inside my head.

"Aaaaaaaargh!"

There was a flash of light and the room was full of two voices: the twins had woken up as Fred had let out a yell. I sent Advanced Potion-Making flying in panic; Fred was dangling upside-down in midair as though an invisible hook had hoisted him up by the ankle.

"Sorry!" I yelled, as George roared with laughter, picking himself up from the floor, having fallen out of bed. "Hang on - I'll let you down -" 

I groped for the potion book and riffled through it in a panic, trying to find the right page; at last I located it and deciphered the cramped word underneath the spell: praying that this was the counter-jinx, I thought 'Liberacorpus!' with all my might. There was another flash of light, and Fred fell in a heap onto his mattress.

"Sorry." I repeated weakly, while the twins continued to roar with laughter.

"Tomorrow," Fred said through chuckles, "I'd rather you set the alarm clock." 

As I had expected, when the Quidditch trials came up, they took most of the morning. Half of Gryffindor House seemed to have turned up, from first years who were nervously clutching a selection of the dreadful old school brooms, to seventh years who towered over the rest, looking coolly intimidating. The latter included a large, wiry-haired boy that was unashamedly checking me out. 

"Hey, gorgeous." He said confidently, stepping out of the crowd to take my hand and kiss it. I regarded him with a mix of coolness and amusement. "Cormac McLaggen, Keeper."

"You didn't try out last year, did you?" I asked, taking note of the breadth of him and thinking that he would probably block all three goal hoops without even moving.

"I was in the hospital wing when they held the trials." Cormac said, with something of a swagger. "Ate a pound of Doxy eggs for a bet."

"Just my kind of man, then." I said flirtatiously. Cormac's eyes widened slightly, before darkening. "Well, if you'd just wait over there, handsome. I'll see you after the tryouts, even if you don't get in..." 

"Oh, I'll get in, don't you worry, sweet thing." Cormac winked at me as he set off for the side. 

He seemed too himbo-ish to be my type romantically. But it couldn't hurt to mess around a bit... 

I decided to start with a basic test, asking all applicants for the team to divide into groups of ten and fly once around the pitch. This was a good decision: the first ten was made up of first years, and it could not have been plainer that they had hardly ever flown before. Only one boy managed to remain airborne for more than a few seconds, and he was so surprised he promptly crashed into one of the goal posts.

The second group was comprised of ten of the silliest girls I had ever encountered, who, when I blew my whistle, merely fell about giggling and clutching one another. When I told them to leave the pitch, they did so quite cheerfully and went to sit in the stands to heckle everyone else.

The third group had a pile-up halfway around the pitch. Most of the fourth group had come without broomsticks. The fifth group were Hufflepuffs.

"If there's anyone else here who's not from Gryffindor," I roared, starting to get seriously annoyed, "leave now, please!"

There was a pause, then a couple of little Ravenclaws went sprinting off the pitch, snorting with laughter.

After two hours, many complaints, and several tantrums, one involving a crashed Comet Two Sixty and several broken teeth, I had found myself three Chasers: Harry and Katie, returned to the team after two excellent trials, and Ginny, who had outflown all the competition and scored seventeen goals to boot. Pleased though I was with my choice, I had also shouted myself hoarse at the many complainers and was now enduring a similar battle with the rejected Beaters.

"That's my final decision and if you don't get out of the way of the Keepers I'll hex you!" I bellowed.

Nobody had the brilliance of Fred and George, and they now joined Harry, Katie, and Ginny in the stands to watch the selection of their last team member.

I had deliberately left the trial of the Keepers until last, hoping for an emptier stadium and less pressure on all concerned. Unfortunately, however, all the rejected players and a number of people who had come down to watch after a lengthy breakfast had joined the crowd by now, so that it was larger than ever. As each Keeper flew up to the goal hoops, the crowd roared and jeered in equal measure. I glanced over at Ron, who had always had a problem with nerves; I had hoped that winning our final match last term might have cured it, but apparently not: Ron was a delicate shade of green.

None of the first five applicants saved more than two goals apiece. To my great disappointment, Cormac McLaggen saved four penalties out of five. On the last one, however, he shot off in completely the wrong direction; the crowd laughed and booed and Cormac returned to the ground grinding his teeth.

Ron looked ready to pass out as he mounted his Cleansweep Eleven.

I need not have worried: Ron saved one, two, three, four, five penalties in a row. Delighted, and resisting joining in the cheers of the crowd with difficulty, I turned around to find my team beaming at me.

"Well done." I grinned. "You all flew really well!" 

After fixing the time of our first full practice for the following Thursday, I bade goodbye to the rest of the team and headed off toward the changing rooms. As I slipped in through the door, I glanced back over my shoulder and made eyes at Cormac, who was already watching me. I held his gaze for several seconds, then disappeared into the room beyond. 

When Cormac entered, I was already out of my robes and was leaning against the wall in my lacy bra and panties, my arms crossed. His eyes darkened even more, and they roamed across my body, moving closer. 

"So the rumours are true." He said lowly. "Or am I your type?" 

I chuckled softly, taking a few steps towards him. "Don't flatter yourself. The rumours are true. I'm the school whore." 

Cormac blinked. "Well - I wouldn't say - you're not a whore -" 

I reached a finger up to his lips, and he immediately quietened. "It's called a joke, McLaggen. Now..." I traced his lips, letting my hand fall down to my side, eyeing his tongue as he wetted his lips. "Let's see what that mouth and tongue does, huh?" 

And an hour later, I was making my way back to the common room, thoughts of Cormac's tongue and fingers touching my wetness and his length in my hand and mouth taking up my mind, so much so that my friends had to ask me three times where I was. 

"Softpaw, seriously, where were you? We were worried because... well..." Fred glanced at Terry and George. 

"Floppy." Terry said firmly. 

"No, it wasn't Floppy." I said roughly, wincing as I sat down. The three boys looked at me in alarm. 

"Then why are you acting like that? And why do you look like you've been crying again?" Fred demanded. 

I blushed. 

"No reason. Seriously, just drop it." 

Cormac came swaggering into the common room just then, looking ten times more cocky than usual, and he grinned arrogantly over at me. I held his gaze again, letting a small flirty smile unfurl on my lips, and the three boys looked between us, expressions of pure shock on their faces. 

"SERIOUSLY, SOFTPAW?!"

0