Chapter 14 – Clear of Clouds
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Fred's POV* 

I was waking up from what felt like a coma. I knew it couldn't be, however, as George, Terry, Ron, Ginny, Harry, Kylie, Draco, and Hermione were standing around me, all wearing the same clothes as I last saw them in. George and Terry were bent over me worriedly, and as Ginny glimpsed me, she said, "Oh, thank Godric." 

"Wha-what happened?" I groaned, sitting up. My whole body ached. Especially the back of my head. I was in the hospital wing, in a bed with curtains drawn around me. 

"Er - you fell off your broom, mate." George said. 

"Why..." As I spoke, the memory suddenly came crashing back into my mind. Riddle, staring into my eyes as he fucked Daisy... Daisy, underneath him, enjoying it... falling off my broom as the bile rose in my throat, threatening to vomit, and falling to the ground three stories below... 

I explained why I had fallen from my broom and told them what I saw. Harry trembled on the spot for a moment, then bolted for the bathroom. George and Terry looked paler than I'd ever seen; Terry opened his mouth, closed it, then followed Harry at a run. George sank slowly into the chair behind him as Draco and Ginny stared at me, their jaws clenched. Ron and Hermione looked horrified, and Kylie's hands were covering her mouth. A second later, she also sprinted for the bathroom. 

"Was it something I said?" I made a feeble attempt at a joke. 

"Sirius also got injured." George told me loudly as the distant sounds of gagging and retching reached our ears. "He's a few beds down." 

"Is he -?" 

"He's fine, it was just a bad curse." 

We sat and stood in a tense silence for a few minutes. Harry, Terry, and Kylie came back, hair all messy and Terry wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, all three paper white and with dark red circles around their eyes. Kylie was shivering. 

And as Harry made to pull the curtain back in place, I caught a glimpse of Floppy striding past the open doors of the hospital wing, his stupid hair flopping about. 

"He hasn't been in class all week, the fucking coward." I spat, glaring at his back as he vanished around the corner. 

Everyone turned to look. 

"Who?" Ron said. 

"Floppy." I said darkly. "Too afraid to face us, I bet." 

There was a pause. 

"Well, why don't we actually give him something to be afraid of?" Kylie said quietly. 

Everyone then turned to her. 

"What are you suggesting?" Harry asked. 

"I think she's suggesting we punish him." I said slowly. "And... I'm in. I'm VERY in." 

Kylie and I made eye contact, and we gave each other a small nod. Finally, we were on the same page about something. 

"Me too." Harry said. "Obviously." 

And so I was helped off the hospital bed by George, and our group tracked down Floppy, about to enter the Room of Requirement. George and I slammed him against the wall and pinned him there as Harry and Terry paced three times back and forth in front of the place where the doors would emerge from. 

When they did, we wrestled a shouting Floppy through them and into a large, empty, concrete room. We threw him onto the floor, the group filing in after us and forming a circle around him. 

Floppy watched us warily from the ground. "What the fuck are you lot doing? You can't prove I did anything." 

Terry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, and I rolled up our sleeves, and George, Ginny, Harry, Kylie, and I cracked our knuckles. And a minute later, Floppy was yelling at the top of his lungs and my knuckles were already bruising. 

~~~ 

*Daisy's POV* 

The weeks were slowly passing, and our routine was solidified. Every morning, afternoon, and evening was the same. Get up, get fucked, eat breakfast, wander the manor for hours while Tom did his business, torture some guy when he got back, get fucked again, go under Tom's desk while he studied, get fucked yet again, then go to bed only to repeat it all the next day. 

The pink clouds in my brain loved this routine; I was fucked by Tom multiple times a day every day, and this satisfied them greatly. But sometimes, at the randomest of moments, the clouds would fade or start to disperse. Tom was vigilant about this; every time he noticed, he immediately pressed a goblet or glass of red wine into my hand with a wide, sinister grin. 

But some moments would break me out of the pink clouds more than others. 

One day I overheard Tom talking to some Death Eaters when he got back from one of his trips. I was just about to go into the drawing room to greet him, but something made me wait outside the door to eavesdrop. 

"She's almost certainly pregnant by now, my Lord." I heard a Death Eater's rough voice say. "Unless she is infertile, she is currently carrying your child." 

"Good. I just need to keep her... ah... 'under my spell,' so to speak." Tom's voice said. "I will keep her here through her pregnancy, and once she gives birth, she will raise the child. I will treat her as my wife. Maybe an Unbreakable Vow wedding. Soon... soon, with the help of her, I will have everything." 

"Yes, my Lord." Several voices chorused. 

My heart was throbbing, and the pink clouds were vibrating. He wanted me to be his wife and have his babies? Hell yeah! 

"And now that I have a portion of her Grace within my own veins, nothing will be able to stop me. I will be even more powerful than the old crackpot Dumbledore." 

I cocked my head. What does he mean by that? 

"Of course, my Lord." 

"Those Order of the Phoenix fools still think they can get through our defences." Tom scoffed. My heart fluttered at the hot sound. "I am regarded as the most powerful wizard in the country for a reason." 

"Remember when Black got seriously injured a fortnight ago?" A Death Eater chuckled. "My curse that did that." 

"Unfortunately he recovered just fine." Bellatrix Lestrange added, a sour note to her voice. 

"And that Weasley boy, the young blood traitor, you know - remember when he fell off his broom simply because he saw you, my Lord?" 

I could hear the smirk in Tom's voice as he said, "He fell off because he caught a glimpse of me penetrating Daisy Potter vaginally. The foolish boy is in love with her." 

The Death Eaters all roared with laughter. But the pink clouds were suddenly grey, and I took a step back from the door, swallowing hard. 

"On that note, I think I will have to start brewing the Amortentia myself. Clearly, you are all amateurs at this potion. Even with the stronger doses in her breakfast juice, she's been breaking out of it at points." 

"My Lord -" 

"No. I am an expert at Amortentia. I am not sure why I didn't just brew it myself from the beginning. I will start dosing her with it tomorrow, in addition to her breakfast." 

I crept away from the door, my heart pounding. I cursed silently as a floorboard creaked underneath my foot, and braced myself. 

The door flew open behind me, and suddenly I was pressed up against the wall, Tom's hand around my throat. 

"Were you listening?" He demanded, his red eyes flashing and his jaw clenched. "Like the nosy little whore you are?" 

I struggled, seeing stars in my vision as my airway was cut off. 

"How much did you hear?" Tom's eyes bored into mine. I could feel him rooting around in my mind, searching for the truth with his own mind. "You stupid little whore. Come with me now, I'll give you something nice to drink and you're going to mind your own business in future." 

Tom released my neck, roughly grabbing my upper arm instead. He tried to yank me towards the stairs, but I stood my ground, pulling back against him. Tom turned slowly, his eyes flashing dangerously. 

"Come, Daisy." His voice was more sinister now. 

I shook my head, fear pounding through me. I didn't want to drink whatever he had. I didn't want to face the consequences of my snooping. 

Tom sighed deeply, his eyes narrowed. "Fine. Imperio." 

I felt all thoughts fall away from me as he pointed his wand at me. A different kind of cloud filled my head, fogging it. 

Come, Daisy... follow Tom... follow him... drink the wine... 

No... no, I don't want to... I don't WANT to. 

"Stop resisting, Daisy." Tom growled. "IMPERIO." 

The thoughts left my head again. I mindlessly followed a furious Tom down the stairs and into the kitchen, where he unstopped a vial of liquid, tipping it into my mouth and making me swallow it. The pink clouds returned, though they were only a faint shade of pink, and the thought still remained at the back of my mind that night as Tom was pounding into me from behind, forcing my head into the pillow so that I was slowly suffocating: Do not drink the breakfast juice any more. 

~~~ 

The morning after this, I tried to avoid the breakfast juice. While Tom was giving an order to the house-elf at his feet, I reached over to pour the contents into the vase of red roses in between us. 

But Tom turned around just as my glass tipped. His expression instantly hardened, and he lifted his wand, pointing it directly at me. 

"Drink it, or I will make you." 

I sobbed as I drained the glass, feeling hopeless. I spent the whole day moping around the manor, feeling sorry for myself, wondering why I was experiencing all these weird thoughts and doubts about Tom. I loved him; why did I think he was doing me harm? 

And before our nightly fuck, Tom presented me with yet another goblet. This time I didn't even attempt to resist; I drained the whole thing in one gulp. Whatever this was, it was brewed perfectly, because the fumes rising from the second goblet Tom handed me were fogging my judgement, and making me dizzy with an intense satisfaction. 

I turned to Tom, with hearts practically popping out of my eyes. "I... I LOVE you, Tommy!" 

Tom smirked down at me triumphantly. "That's 'Master' to you, Daisy." 

"Yes, of course, Master." I breathed, gazing up at him in pure adoration. I'd never felt anything like this before. I was absolutely, completely infatuated with him. I was OBSESSED with him... 

"You know it by now, Daisy. Get on your hands and knees..." 

The next few days went by with me very lovesick. I spent all my time with Tom glued to his side, gazing at him tenderly, and all my time apart from him was spent yearning for him in the gardens, slumped over the stone benches and staring into the sky, daydreaming about him. 

Is this what it feels like to be in love with your soulmate? 

But one morning, everything changed. For a few mornings I'd been quite sick, vomiting as soon as I woke up. This particular day, I'd been feeling queasy the whole time we were getting up and the whole time I was bent over the dresser having my insides rearranged, but after draining the too-strong, perfectly brewed, new breakfast juice, my stomach flipped, and I had to dash to the nearest bathroom, throwing up into the toilet. I coughed after I expelled everything in my stomach, on my knees on the cold tiled floor, my hair hanging limply on either side of my face. 

After this I went about my day as usual. I slowly started to notice the changes in my body as I wandered the grounds with Cynthia, the pink clouds fading out, the loving thoughts of Tom disappearing. I felt my mind coming back to reality, finally feeling as if I was actually standing on solid ground again. Was this the effect of throwing up that drink earlier? 

"Mrs Malfoy... I don't think I love Tom." I said, my voice wobbling. 

Cynthia looked at me, her lips pressed thin together. "Obviously not, dear. You never did." 

And when Tom returned from his trip, dragging with him yet another man to be tortured, he called us into the drawing room, directing my attention to the offending Death Eater crouched in the middle of the room. 

"Now, Daisy... you know the spell." 

"No." I spoke clearly. The clouds in my head were so faint. If I could just hold on just a little longer... 

There was a stunned silence. Tom quirked an eyebrow at me lazily. 

"No?" 

I stood my ground, refusing to reach out for the wand Tom was holding out to me. His crimson eyes narrowed at me. 

"No." I confirmed. 

"And just what," Tom took a step towards me, "makes you say that? You love performing the Cruciatus Curse." 

"No, YOU love performing torture, Tommy." I said boldly, preparing myself incase he struck out. 

"Master." Tom corrected, his voice quiet and dangerous. 

I just couldn't stop myself. "There's no need to call me 'Master,' Tommy." 

Tom's face twisted in fury, and "Crucio!" was out of his mouth before I could even react. But I didn't feel a thing, for Cynthia had flung herself in front of me, screaming, "No!" and got blasted with the curse instead, collapsing and writhing. 

The clouds broke. My mind was clear at last. I made eye contact with Riddle, smirked, and opened my mouth. 

"Gabriel." 

Instantly, Gabriel, Fred, George, Terry, Harry, and Kylie suddenly appeared in the drawing room, all clutching hands, Gabriel with a triumphant expression on his face. Riddle immediately whirled around, a very familiar white light shining out of his hands. 

"Shit." Gabriel said, his eyes locked on Riddle's hands. "I have a sitch here. Fred, you can Apparate well, correct?" 

The Death Eaters were shooting spells everywhere, and the group was deflecting them and countering with their own. I fell back against the wall, suddenly exhausted and not wanting to be caught in the fray, because I'd most certainly be accidentally killed. 

"Yeah!" Fred yelled over the top of everyone shouting curses. 

"Don't wait around to fight here, then, take Daisy and go!" Gabriel yelled, raising his own hands, and his own white light shone out of them. Riddle licked his lips, stepping closer to him. 

Fred didn't hesitate. He dodged Bellatrix and several Cruciatus Curses to get to me, and he slammed into me, lifting me up in the tightest hug I'd ever had. I struggled to breathe as my best friend squeezed the life out of me. 

"Freddie... Freddie..." I panted. 

"Oh, shit, sorry. I'm just so, SO happy to see you." Fred released me, panting. His eyes were shining. "Let's get you out of here, baby." 

And he spun on his foot, gripping my arm, and we Apparated out of Floppy's manor.

0