Chapter 21 – Taking Risks
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Over the next couple of weeks, the twins and I had a bedtime routine. And yes, it consisted of exactly what you are thinking of. 

It was all my wildest fantasies come true. I'd always considered George one of my very best friends, but FUCK was he hot. And being in a threesome with him and the guy-I-was-very-into (cough, cough, what was that? I said nothing) was making my private parts very happy. 

And as a consequence of my newfound addiction that was satisfied every night, I had recovered from some of my previous addictions. In the Room of Requirement, I was no longer sitting in between Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott on the sofa, downing Firewhiskey; we still hung out occasionally, as they had to admit they found me cool company, but there was no more touching or flirting or getting so wasted that it was dangerous for our kidneys. I had also recovered from needing to fuck every hot person within a five metre radius of me; the only people I'd touched in the past few weeks were the two that shared my dorm. 

I'd been trying to wean myself off the Percocet, because ever since Fred, George, and I had started our unofficial throuple, the repulsion towards 'paying' Spieler for my supply had overpowered the craving for more of it. The past couple of weeks I had been surviving off my last packet, and today I was experiencing plenty of not-so-pleasant withdrawal effects. 

I sat in Defence Against the Dark Arts shivering and sweating. Terry kept sending me concerned glances from one side, and Fred had his arm around me from the other. 

"Neville's Boggart is Professor Snap, you know." I announced to the class at large, my voice shaking. "I remember when he made Snap wear his granny's clothes." 

Snape did not seem to care enough to interrupt his teaching to reprimand me. Scowling, he continued with his lecture, scrawling notes on the blackboard. The multicoloured neon lights the Insurgents had fixed around the dark classroom glowed all around us; Snape hadn't managed to find a counter-curse to the Permanent-Sticking Charm we'd used. 

I shifted on my seat as I shivered again, a wave of fatigue washing over me. The shivers were nothing to do with the very slutty outfit I was wearing to class today, courtesy of number fifty-two on the list; a lacy bralette and a very, VERY short, tight skirt that just about covered my ass. My skin was pale and clammy; I was starting to seriously reconsider staying away from Spieler as my stomach turned. 

I rested my chin on my hand as I gazed out the window. C'mon, Daisy... don't think about him... think about... 

"Ugh, Fred, let me just this once, c'mon... I'm about to nut in her -" 

"No the fuck you're not! Get out, go on." 

"Daisy... Daze... fuck, take it... take me..." 

"George... fuck me harder!"  

"Mmm... Fred... George... I'm gonna - gonna - F-Fr-FREDDIE!" 

"Is my class boring you, Miss Potter?" Snape's drawling voice reached my ears, and I blinked, sitting up. "Kindly pay attention." 

He turned back to the blackboard, and I repeated in a high, squeaky voice, "Is my class boring you, Miss Potter? Kindly pay attention." 

I earned my first detention of the day. 

Terry, Fred, George, and I handed out bunches of bananas to our classmates as we chowed down on pistachio nuts, leaving the empty shells scattered across the desks. I was having fun watching Snape's sanity slowly fade away. 

I climbed onto Fred's lap, swinging my hair over my shoulders, and my heart fluttered as he grinned up at me, his hands teasing at the edges of my skirt. I silently thanked our list for number forty-two, and bowed my head, kissing Fred. 

Our kiss deepened into one with tongue within the thirty seconds that Snape hadn't been looking at the class. By that time, however, the whole class's attention had diverted from Snape's board to me and Fred, making out in the back row, some of them giggling and whispering amongst themselves. 

"Miss Potter! Weasley! That's another detention, for you both." 

I pouted in disappointment as Snape pointed me back into my seat. 

"Sir." I said. Snape gritted his teeth, turning back to me. "NO. MORE. POMEGRANATES!" 

And a third detention for me. 

I put my hand up. "Sir, I'd like to offer to teach sex ed to the class." 

Snape ignored me. "Continue on with your work. I will collect the homework on the way around the class. Have it out and ready." 

I shrugged, sneaking up to the blackboard when he moved away from it towards the left side of the class. I wrote swear words all over the board, writing them over the top of his notes as well. I tugged out Snape's extra blackboard that was stored behind this one, and drew a detailed diagram of the female body on it. 

I snuck back to my desk just in time. Snape was bending over Fred's desk to check his work, and Fred raised his wand, sticking it right in between Snape's eyes, and said, "Lumos!" 

Snape jerked back, fuming. "Enough! Another detention for you, Weasley! I have had quite enough of this nonsense in my classroom. Miss Potter, do-you-have-your-homework?" 

I ignored him, choosing instead to snigger with Terry at the blackboard. Snape turned, and his face turned a deep shade of red. 

"What," He said slowly and dangerously, "is the meaning of this?" 

"Oh, sorry, sir. I was simply trying to educate Floppy and the Three Douchebags, as they clearly don't know their way around the female body." I said. 

Can you guess what I earned? Again? 

Halfway through the class, I felt the shakes and fatigue take over me again, and soon I was sinking into my arms, which were folded on my desk, and my eyes were fluttering shut. The sleep was weirdly disturbed, random images and flashes running through my head... until Riddle popped up out of nowhere, his gleaming red eyes boring into mine, his voice purring and seductive... 

"Come, Daisy... why don't you take off all your clothes, baby-doll... lay down there and spread your legs for me... we're going to have so much fun together..." 

I jerked awake as the bell rang. Nope. Nope. Nope. Shit. I really needed my pills. 

As the class filed out of the room, I made sure to turn back to Snape, winking, and say, "See you tonight, PROFESSOR." 

But instead of following Fred, George, and Terry, I followed Spieler down the opposite corridor. I shoved him into a broom cupboard once we were alone, and closed the door after us. 

"After more, Potter?" Spieler drawled cockily, though he looked slightly afraid. "I was starting to think you didn't need me any more." 

"Well, I do." I said hurriedly. "How much you got on you right now?" 

"I've got your usual." Spieler reached into his inside pocket and produced the little packet of pills, waving them in front of my face. I reached for them, but he snatched them away from me, smirking. "Now, now... you know the deal by now, don't you?" 

But despite his arrogance, I could see that his eyes kept flicking to the door, and his other hand was in his pocket, gripping what was probably his wand. 

I really did not want to suck Spieler off right now. Or at all, ever, actually. 

"You better hurry, Floppy was close behind me." I told Spieler, hoping that my hunch was correct. And to my delight, Spieler's face paled. 

"Er - okay. Here, just take it for now, but I'll be expecting my payment later." The older Slytherin pressed the packet into my hands firmly, and swept out of the broom cupboard. 

I gazed down at the pills. I had been trying so hard... but I don't want to remember him. I don't want to remember... I want to forget. 

~~~ 

The next class, we brought Snidget, Hedwig, and Pigwidgeon, to Snape's immediate banishment of the four of us. We returned in our Animagus forms, attempting to woo him and the class, but we only succeeded at the latter. Snape knew that it was us, but he couldn't prove it, especially as we all scampered out of the class when he retrieved his wand and pointed it at us. 

I stood guard outside Snape's chambers one night like a bouncer, and when I was questioned by Professor McGonagall, who was passing, I simply said, "You wouldn't want anything to happen to him." 

I owled him all my favourite lyrics from Nick Jonas songs, and while high on Percocet, I hid in his office one day and giggled until he found me. 

"Miss Potter, get out of my office IMMEDIATELY!" 

One Saturday afternoon, I was hanging out with the twins and Terry in the Room of Requirement, lounging with my head in Terry's lap on the sofa. We were discussing testing my resistance to love potions, so that in the future if Floppy ever pinned me down and forced me to drink one again, I would be able to fight it. 

"Because he's already done it twice, the fucking scumbag." Fred said. 

"A literal piece of shit." George nodded. "Here, I have the bottle, thought I'd bring it in case you agreed, Softpaw -" 

And he produced the last love potion from Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes from his pocket. I eyed it apprehensively. 

"Don't worry, it's not the strongest in the world, I'll tell you that much." George said, uncorking the bottle. "Are you ready?" 

I shrugged, taking a deep breath. "As I'll ever be." 

George leaned forward, drawing the pipette out of the bottle. He brought it up to my lips, and I opened my mouth reluctantly, the fear starting to pound in my chest. 

George tapped the end of the pipette on my tongue. I felt a deep wave of a pleasant emotion crash over me, and suddenly, it was as if the sun had risen only on George's face. Pink clouds billowed out across my mind. 

"Woah..." I breathed out, gazing at him in devotion. "You're so handsome... I think I'm in love with you." 

George chuckled. "No, you're not, Softpaw. Snap out of it." 

"But - but I am!" I gaped at him, holding a hand over my heart. "I love you..." 

"I love you too." George said seriously, his chocolate eyes staring into mine. My heart did a backflip, and I swooned, the pink clouds vibrating. "But not in that way, and neither do you. Your heart belongs to another, anyway." 

"Who could that possibly be? I only have eyes for you." I pouted, gazing at the attractive redhead feverishly. George smirked, glancing beside me. I followed his gaze, frowning. His twin was sitting there, an eyebrow raised, his eyes locked on me. 

The pink clouds flickered grey. 

"Yeah, Softpaw, think about that special someone who your heart truly belongs to." A voice to my right said slyly, and I stared at my Ravenclaw best friend in confusion. 

"Shut up, Hopper." The twin to my left muttered, and I turned my face back to him. The clouds stayed grey this time, and as Fred's eyes rose to meet mine, they broke away completely. 

"Woah. Godric." I said, straightening up and shaking my head free of the remaining confusion. Fred, George, and Terry all leaned forward eagerly. 

"Clear of clouds?" Terry asked. 

"Clear of clouds." I confirmed. 

"Nice. You're getting better at this, Softpaw." Terry said happily. "Up for another round?" 

I sighed, cuddling into him. The twins were exchanging a glance with an uninterpretable expression. 

"Whatever." I said. "As long as we're doing something actually fun after this." 

"What d'you mean?" Fred said sarcastically. "This is the most fun way to spend our free time ever." 

"Why don't you look at Red this time, Softpaw?" George said, sending Fred another look. Terry smirked at them both as I rolled my eyes, turning to face Fred. "Okay... open up." 

I shivered, ignoring the memories of George saying that in a MUCH different context creeping into my mind. I obediently opened my mouth, and George tapped the pipette on my tongue again as I kept my eyes glued on Fred this time. 

But nothing happened. I waited for the wave of pleasure to crash into me, for the pink clouds to envelope my mind, but absolutely nothing happened. 

"Nothing's happening." I informed the guys. 

"Er - okay..." George tapped the pipette on my tongue again, but the result was the same: no infatuation, no clouds. 

Fred's warm eyes were boring into mine. I felt a normal heart flutter, but nothing false. I turned to George, grabbing the bottle out of his hands, and turned back to Fred, keeping my eyes locked on him as I took a big swig of the love potion. 

I lowered the bottle and swallowed. Fred's eyes stayed on me. 

Still nothing. 

"Guys..." I said, turning to Terry and George. "Why's it not working?" 

"Did you beat it already?" George said excitedly, but Terry shook his head, a knowing grin unfolding on his face. 

"We can test that, too - here -" Terry grabbed the bottle and pipette, grabbing my face with one hand as he raised the pipette to my mouth with the other. "Keep your eyes on me, Softpaw..." 

The potion made contact with my tongue, and the effect was as immediate as with George. Pink clouds filled my vision again and I leaned forward, gazing adoringly at Terry. 

"I love you, Hopper..." I breathed, batting my eyelashes at him. "Why are you such a heartthrob?" 

"I dunno, but the guys love it." Terry winked at me, and the clouds thrummed in pleasure before they suddenly turned a dark grey. 

"Ew, you're gay, that's so wrong for me to - to..." I trailed off. The clouds were gone. Christ, that was quick. 

Terry was gazing at me in awe. "Wow... you're so NOT a creep, Softpaw, that you're stronger than the love potion!" 

"But..." I glanced around at them all. "I didn't completely beat it. It still got me at first. Why didn't it work with Red...?" 

Terry and George exchanged a glance. They both turned back to me, smirks unfurling on their faces. 

"I have a theory about that." Terry said slowly. "Love potions usually have no effect if the influenced is already in love with the subject." 

"Well - well - I -" I stammered, glancing frantically between the two, avoiding Fred's gaze. "I - I have to go." 

And I stormed out of the Room of Requirement, my heart pounding. 

~~~ 

I was walking back up from the grounds where I had spent the past few hours thinking so hard that I felt like my head was going to burst. 

The love potion hadn't worked on me for Fred because... because I loved him. There's no use in denying it any more. But why had I avoided it for so long all these years, when it was so obvious to everyone that I was completely and utterly head over heels for him? 

The answer had come as I passed the spot where Floppy had tossed Amy's eagle and transported us all to his manor that fateful night. Fred might just be the person I loved most in the world, and Riddle was the person who wanted to see me hurt the most. If Riddle knew what Fred was to me, Fred would only get hurt. 

And there it was. The answer. My mind was trying to subconsciously protect him all these years. But it only did more harm than good; Fred's heart had been broken by me I don't know how many times now. 

But maybe it was time to let Fred decide if he wanted to put himself at risk instead of me deciding for him. He was his own man, after all, perfectly capable of making his own decisions. If he wanted to take a risk on me, who was I to deny him? 

My head was whirling. What if he didn't want to take the risk after all? What if he found out what danger he was in, and didn't want to be with me anymore? What if he saw all my baggage, and my scars, and my issues... what if he ran? 

"You don't need to worry about us. If something happens to any of us, it's not your fault. You HAVE to remember that. Please, Daisy. Don't blame yourself again."

I thought hard as I remembered Fred's soft eyes gazing into mine after the fifth year ball. He cared about me... he didn't care about the risks that came with being involved with me. 

I strode through the Entrance Hall, making a beeline for the Great Hall. I was just in time for the food, evident by the smell coming through the doors making my stomach ache. Groups of students were making their way towards the Hall too, giggling and chattering. I wasn't sure what I was going to do when I saw Fred in there, but I was certain that I wasn't going to hide how I felt about him anymore. 

"Hey, Weakling!" 

I froze. The shout from behind me seemed to quieten the whole Entrance Hall, students all around me halting and looking around. I turned slowly, to see a smirking Floppy standing behind me with his arms folded. 

"I have a message to pass on from your lover the Dark Lord." Floppy drawled maliciously, his eyes gleaming as they flicked between me and the other students watching us. He raised his voice just slightly, clearly trying to make sure everyone could hear him. "You remember? Your lover? You let him fuck you every day and every night." 

"Shut up, Malfoy. Everyone knows she was under a love potion." Blaise spoke up from the crowd, rolling his eyes. Something happy rose up in my chest at the touching sight of the Slytherin Prince standing up for me, the Gryffindor Princess. 

Floppy glared at him for a moment before turning back to me. "Anyway. The Dark Lord would like me to pass on that he won't stop. You WILL birth his child. He will stop at nothing." 

"I doubt that." I scoffed. "The only children I'm going to be birthing are those of my future wife or husband. And he will certainly not be my future husband. Because, as the Chosen One, I'll have gotten rid of him by then!" 

I tossed my hair back as the crowd laughed and whooped. Floppy's gleaming eyes roamed the crowd and landed on me again. 

"He'll get rid of you before you ever get rid of him, that's for sure." He snarled. "You'll be his personal baby factory. That's all you're good for... that's all that your weak female body is good for, providing powerful men like me and the Dark Lord with offspring -" 

Before I could sass Floppy myself, a redheaded blur shot past me, and a sickening crunch thudded through the Hall. The crowd collectively gasped. I blinked, my heart practically beating out of my chest. 

Fred was standing over Floppy, who was knocked out cold on the floor, blood pulsing from his nose. My ginger best friend was shaking out his fist, panting. 

He turned to look at me. I took a step forward. 

"Freddie..." 

Then another, and another, and I was running at him at full speed. When I reached him I threw my arms around him. And without thinking, without planning it, without worrying about the fact that fifty people were watching, I kissed him.

After several long moments - or it might have been half an hour - or possibly several sunlit days - we broke apart. The Hall had gone very quiet. Then several people wolf-whistled and there was an outbreak of nervous giggling. I looked over Fred's shoulder to see Terry and George beaming with pure joy, and my eyes sought Harry. At last I found him, wearing an expression appropriate to having been clubbed over the head. For a fraction of a second we looked at each other, then Harry gave a tiny jerk of the head that I understood to mean, 'Well - if you must.' 

And I turned back to Fred, leaning my forehead against his, gazing into his perfect chocolate brown eyes, which were bright and happy. I giggled softly as he grinned at me. 

"Freddie... I love you." 

Fred's grin dropped, and his eyes widened. He opened and closed his mouth for several moments, stunned, then let out an I-can't-quite-believe-it laugh, squeezing his arms tight around me and lifting me off the floor. He whirled me around, fitting his mouth to mine as we laughed into each other's mouths, Fred setting me down as he murmured into my lips, "I love you too."

0