Chapter 1- Let the trials begin
56 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just a normal day.

Like any other day. The city was bustling. Cars going everywhere.

People talking on their phones and kids running to school.

This day was as calm as any other day with nothing special about it. Thought a young adult standing inside the train going towards his university. This was the first day of his last year  as a student at this university.  One of the most prestigious in the country.

"Beeeep~~" 

The high pitched screech was heard as the train stopped at the station 

"Beware of the gap be......" 

The mechanical voice of the familiar announcer was ignored by everyone as they got off the train.

The young man was 1.85 meters tall with blonde hair and green eyes. The symmetry of his face his well built body clearly shielded he was a cut above the rest in the department of looks and charisma.

As the best student in his class by far Jack was not only attractive to the girls of his university but also to other colleges that wanted to offer him a scholarship for his masters degree.

In this normal day. As Jack was walking down the picturesque road, full of trees and flowers, his world was going to change.

Literally.

A weird stone got the attention of Jack. It was not really a stone.

It was a small pebble that shine brightly. Very very brightly.

With all the colours of the world. Just looking at it from afar Jack felt hypnotized. It was truly mesmerizing.

And so Jack walked towards the stone bent down and peeked it up to have a closer look. Well at least that was his intention because the moment he touched it he felt his world falls apart. All the colours faded to black slowly and somehow quickly at the same time. The next moment he was standing on...nothing. Well there was no light so everything was black but it sounded like marble flooring.

{click....Boom...click.....Boom..} 

Lights were starting to turn on one by one and a huge screen appeared a couple of meters in front of Jack.

"Well.. Good morning everyone."

Jack didn't see anyone else around him and so he was confused.

"I am the tutorial Or maybe a guide or even a helper.

I am here to run some tests

You see earth is changing. As of today earth has started it's evolution. And I am here to help humanity adapt a little faster to the changes that are about to happen. 

Right after this message ends every single human on earth, that is able to think, will take a test or challenge. This will not really define anything but it will act like a guide. A for the parents out there. They shouldn't worry as their children and all people after this test will have the chance to take this challenge to help themselves from the moment they have their fifth birthday. So without further ado... Good luck."

And just like that the space around Jack changed once again and now he had to face the challenge.... Or as he found out the many challenges, from easy to difficult.

"The points you get from every challenge depend on the time it takes you to finish a scenario.

How you go about dealing with the scenario and how many times you restarted the scenario, wich can happen when you die or when you  choose to restart.

You will be an "actor" in those scenarios."

The scenery changed into a luss green almost tropical forest. He and 5 other people were crouching behind some bushes looking towards a certain direction. They all  emitted no sound at all. 

Jack was feeling pretty but currently. His body odour was horrendously disgusting and the chain mail armour and largest interior were an extra wait he really didn't want to handle. The worst part was the blood and grime that was almost but not exactly tried out on every part of his equipment. 

After withstanding the urge to throw up Jack sized up the situation.

From what he gathered he was currently a soldier in a 5-men group. His leader was standing a little further back talking, or better said boot-licking, a young fat man dressed in what appears to be middle age noble clothes.

So the situation was apparent. They were escorting this blob of a noble somewhere and they were attacked. The attackers were goblins and there where 20 of them. With one being super strong compared to the rest.

After fighting and running to this place they stopped to regain stamina, Bandage their wounds and think of a way out of this. 

(The leader of the group has given up on us. He probably plans on letting as engage with the 12 goblins left as bait  and then he will lift the noble up and run for it while we die. That is what I heard him whisper and also what he looks like he is capable of doing.

But I don't want to die. No I don't want to restart o  the first challenge.... I need to think) 

Was what Jack was thinking inside his head. And that is when he started to formulate a plan. 5 minutes later the sounds of a goblin scout became more apparent in the trees in front of him. 

"Hey everyone!! Shhhhh~~ do you hear that. 

Get back we will ambush it and kill it. "

He says to the other puny soldiers on his flanks. 

"No the 're is no need stupid boy I will just kill it. Of we let it come here it will bring danger to my Lord."

The leader that was not even paying attention before suddenly chimed in just when his soldiers started moving according to Jacks's orders. Jack frowned listening to that. The stupid leader is trying to get them killed. If they don't ambush the scout then it will yell and bring all the other goblins towards it. 

"Sir please think about it. 

The scout will call the rest of them here. "

" Don't disobey my orders!!! I no what is best and I am stronflger than you so you just have to listen to me!"

{Slap!~~~} 

The leader smacked Jack in the head making the slap echo in the forest. Jack fell back. Sprawled on the floor with his head aching really badly 

(It is true that compared to a simple human he is clearly past the boundaries of the human body) 

"But sir! Listen to me this is your chance." 

After hearing the second part of the sentence the leader stopped His hand from landing another slap on the impudent soldiers face.

"Speak ant. What do you mean chance. A chance for what?"

"Yes immediately sir. You see if we fight the goblins. Me and the other guys will probably die because we are to weak right?"

"Yes you would. But that is your fault why would I care."

"Yes sir it is but what will the higher ups think when you alone return with the noble. Obviously they will think that you and your team are weak but we all know that you are strong sir, so how can you accept such hateful comments. 

So in order to avoid that, wich could lead to you falling in rank back to a normal solider, we need to ambush this scout and with traps kill all the rest then after we return you will get all the credit for killing a tribe of those monster that infest our forests."

The simple minded, arrogant leader Lorence didn't need anything more to be said in order to take action.

"Take action boys I just got a new idea. We will ambush this weak monster and after that create traps for the rest to fall Into and we will kill them all just like I planned!" 

Says the leader drawing weird expressions from the other soldiers.

What no one could see was the glint flashing in the eyes of Jack. 

Even though he had never killed anything before Jack was ready now. He would adapt and make the best out of every situation. 

In his plans sadly for everyone else only the noble and him along with the head of the goblin leader were going to reach the city walls. 

And so like that the team succesfully killed the scout. Immediately after Sir .Lorence went and asked Jack for the rest of his ideas and  used them as his. 

There were sacks of rocks place on trees. Half meter deep and 2 meter wide pits were dug out right below the rocks. Spikes were created out of branches and a deer was hunted to make the smell of blood attract the goblins to the traps. 

The noble was always right beside the leader of the team. But 5hat would change.

They wanted for a while more when three goblins suddenly appeared in the area. The seemed like scouts that were drawn in by the smell of the deer's blood. They were walking slowly and cautiously at first but when  they saw the dead deer a dozen meters ahead of them they lost their minds. With no thoughts and  no suspicions they  run towards the corpse and then.... They fell. 

The fell in the pit trap and in their berserk state they fumbled on one another to try and get out. Which failed miserably, giving the chance to the soldiers to kill the weak idiotic beasts. 

And so they did. With Jack leading the charge the soldiers jumped on the goblins and with a few strokes from everyone the monsters were dead. Completely dead.

Jack then got up and walked a little further away were his stomach tried to empty all of its contents. In the previous ambush he didn't even get the chance to hit the goblin so he didn't have any reaction but this time he even killed one. His sword cut

Half-way into the neck of the goblin, leaving it's head dangling on it body. But Jack held it in. It wasn't only that it would appear weird if an experienced soldier started throwing up from killing one goblin. But is was also that Jack didn't want to let his normal and previous self take over. He had decided the moment he started his plan that he would adapt and change. That he would take everything for himself so throwing up now is something that comes from the previous Jack the Jack of the past. 

This ambushing lasted till only five goblins were left. At that point the leader and the other four goblins were aware that everything near the deer was dangerous and so Sir. Lorence took the only logical course of action and got out of his hiding position and stood in front of the goblins. While ordering the rest to follow him. This stand off lasted for only a few seconds when with a deep guteral roar the goblins charged over. In but a few rounds only the  two goblins were left while at the same time only two soldiers were left. 

It was at at that point were Jack made sure that the noble wasn't looking. And he immidiatly inacted his master plan. 

Well it really wasn't much of a plan but it worked non the less.

In the heat of the battle Jack suddenly kicked the goblin he was fighting down and pierced it's neck. With the enemy dead only the goblin leader was left. 

When Lorence saw that he yelled for Jack to come and finish the enemy leader. 

They both were battered up, with cuts and bruises everywhere. 

"Yes sir! Right away!" 

Yelled Jack and started running towards the goblin leader.

After making sure the fat noble was still looking away pissing his pants Jack got behind the leader and kicked it. 

The goblin leader turned around and swan it's clue down on Jack's legs. But it would be disappointed as Jack retracted his leg and threw a handful of dirt at the goblins eyes. At that point Lorence was next to the goblin and his sword was already mid swing. 

The goblins instincts took over and it soul around and using that force right as the great sword of sir. Lorence came down on its solder and crossed all the way to it's other side so did the club. And it blasted on the ribs of Lorence making a distinct crunch sound as the ribs on the other side of Lorences torso where blasted open from the impact. 

They both fell down. Both near death. And so Jack walked closer to the goblin and cut its head of. 

"Good.. very good soldier. Now bring me the head and bandage my wounds a little. After that very me on your soldiers and take the noble as you go back to the city."

Said a very weak and almost silent voice coming out of            

 Sir. lorences mouth. 

"Yes sir!"

Answered Jack he walked closer placed the head right next to Lorence he took out his knife and sliced his neck. 

The gurgling and struggling leader was looking at Jack with wide open eyes. They were saying to Jack. Why?! How dare you?!

But Jack didn't care. The previously squimish Jack was gone. He took his sword and decapitated the corrupt leader he quicklygather all of the bodies in a pile and he burned them. He went to the noble helped him up. Praised him a little but and started walking towards the city with the head of the goblin leader hidden in his sack. 

At that point the world stopped. Jack's surroundings melted away. 

And he was back in the black room With lights.

{Bam...bam Bam!!}

  [Congratulations for finishing your first mission! 

   Wait for your evaluation...] 

This text appeared on the screen and Jack waited to see how he did. 

   [Congratulations yet again as you are the first human to get a SSS evaluation on this first mission you will be given a bonus.             Your reward is 1000 points and the bonus is another 1000 points.  You can use these points in this tutorial to get anything you want  and think will help you do better at the next challenges.] 

"Is that it? I mean what about the evaluation of the class that fits me that you mentioned before ?"

[Yes Yes. The information is too little but it can be done.......]

After a few seconds came three options.

[Bow if you peak any of these two then you will have chosen wich class you like and you will be thrown out of the tutorial and guide. You will also have to fight in the real world were once you get strong enough this class will be unlocked automatically.]

" So you are not just telling us what class fits for us but also determining It?"

[Not exactly.  It look at the options for now]

    There appeared three options from wich Jack was supposed to choose. 

   Assassin: A nimble killer of the night with the shadows and his blade as his only allies. Increases Dexterity, Strength and in a lesser degree Charisma.

    Traitor: A person that does everything g he can to be benefits. With no loyalty and morals, no degnetee to speak of. Increases willpower.

   Strategist: A person that thinks before he acts. He plans his actions and determines them based on the pros and cons of the outcome. Increases wisdom, intelligence and Willpower.

Those three were the options and none interested Jack very much for now. But the second one was special. It probably came from the fact that he threw his fellow soldiers to their deaths instead of running and obviously from Killing Lorence but it was very close to the Strategist class. 

"So it turns out that the classes do not follow the typical tropes. If a class like traitor can exist then things can be a lot more diverse and really not like a game. Or at least as much of a game as I expected."

0