Chapter 3
1.2k 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Because of Daichi's error, Sei did less than he intended to since he needed to fix the ones Daichi did. He almost forgot to take off the label on his face. When he arrived back to class, the bell rang on time and the teacher came not long after.

Reita didn't get lost seeing that he was in class, but from the band-aids on his hands, he probably fell somewhere.

Even without seeing that, Sei knew Reita tripped outside and scrapped his hands from cushioning the fall. Fuyukawa, the transfer student, always brought extra band-aids with her since she has a little brother who often got into fights. Hence, the teddy bear patterns on them.

Reita's good first impression has been established this way.

Sei looked at Touya next. He has probably introduced himself to Fuyukawa at the cafeteria earlier. His first event would happen after school today while Daichi's first event would be tomorrow.

Touya's character in the game was the calm yet caring type. There was always a loyal group of fans for this type of character. They were easily likable after all with their charming front.

He already prevented Daichi's first encounter with Fuyukawa and much to his relief, nothing has happened yet so far. Reita's route was already established, and Fuyukawa just needed to raise his favorable meter. So the only choice he could do now was to prevent Touya's encounter with Fuyukawa after school.

He didn't have any high expectation that he could prevent Reita from falling in love with Fuyukawa. His character was the first one most of the players captured in the game since it was the easiest route. His main goal wasn't to prevent them from falling in love, so he didn't worry too much about it.

One of the things he must do though was to prevent Reita's blackening at the later stages of the game. It was when the disaster arc happened.

If it wasn't because of those latter stages, he wouldn't try to prevent the events from happening this much.

At the end of school, Sei packed his bag and approached Touya.

"Touya."

"Yes?" Touya zipped his school bag and looked up.

"I want to go to a pet store. Can you accompany me?"

"You're finally buying a cat?" Touya was surprised, "Does your apartment allows it?"

"I'm going to buy a hamster. They said I can keep it if it's just one. But I've never been to a pet store before."

"Alright, I'll take you to my usual store. They sell hamsters there." Touya gladly agreed. He knew how much Sei has been wanting a pet since their first year.

"Then, I'll wait until you finish your club activity."

"Is that alright? We can go now if you want."

"Your tea ceremony club has strict rules, doesn't it? It's fine. I'll wait in my own clubroom." Sei waved at him as he left the classroom.

He entered his clubroom and the people inside greeted him. Though he said a club, different from Daichi's judo club and Touya's tea ceremony club which have real club activities, his club was more like a gathering of people with the same hobby.

Because the player's character of [Heartthrob Disaster] was a dog person who loves literature, he made sure to avoid any club related to that hobby. The players got a specific choice of which club they could join based on the capture targets, but there was nothing wrong to be careful.

The club he was in was a mystery club.

It named itself a mystery club, but the main topic of it revolved around supernatural events. He joined out of curiosity since his life was a big mystery for himself, but he quite enjoyed it. They would go to places with ghost sightings or mysterious disappearances from time to time. Attendance wasn't mandatory, so it was relaxing on that part.

2 hours later, the clubroom was knocked and Touya opened the door, "Excuse me, is Kurosaki Sei here?"

Sei looked up from his phone and stood up, "My friend's here. I'm leaving first."

"Sure. Don't forget about this Sunday. Bye!"

Sei nodded, "See you later."

Once they were out in the hallway, Touya commented, "They're very lively, aren't they?"

"Couldn't be helped. They just found a new spot in town."

"That's what they meant by this Sunday?"

"Mn. We're checking it out."

They has just descended down to the first floor when Sei saw Reita and Fuyukawa from afar. He should be telling her about the school clubs for her to join. And they were coming his way.

One of his objectives was to not interact with the main character, Fuyukawa, as much as possible. Even with the small amount of interaction he has with the main characters in the past, he still got accused of bullying or harming her. It would be best if Fuyukawa doesn't know his name or existence at all.

"I need to go to the bathroom for a second."

"Sure. I'll wait here." Touya didn't suspect a thing.

After entering the bathroom and washing his hands to not look weird, he peeked out to check. As expected the three of them were chatting.

In the game, the player could choose whether to join the judo club, tea ceremony club, or manga club. The last one was Reita's club. Clubs were one of the crucial choices for the players to play a specific route. The players could choose it anytime in the early stages of the game, but once they picked a choice, they couldn't change it.

"What are you doing?"

Sei flinched and looked back to see a bleached-haired student with sharp eyes and piercings on his ears looking at him weirdly.

"Nothing." He stepped away to let the guy pass.

Instead of leaving, the student stuck out his head to see what Sei was looking at, "Are you a stalker?"

"…No, I'm not." Sei was a bit speechless.

"There's someone you don't want to meet there, so you're waiting for whoever that is to leave?"

"How di–?" Sei accidentally slipped out his thought from shock and stopped himself.

The student raised an eyebrow at him before straightening his body. Sei thought he was going to say something again, but the guy just walked out. He sighed a little in relief.

Then, he heard his voice again.

"Move your asses. You're blocking the way."

Sei looked out to check.

"Oh…Sorry." Reita stepped back awkwardly.

Fuyukawa also moved. It was apparent from how tense her face was that she was intimidated. Touya only looked at the guy in slight disapproval. Their position wasn't blocking the way at all. He knew he was just messing with them.

After the guy left, Fuyukawa thanked Reita before excusing herself to leave first. Reita also left to get his bag.

Sei didn't know if it was just a coincidence, but it worked out for him.

Touya saw him exiting the bathroom, "Sei, did a delinquent mess with you inside?"

Sei shook his head, "No."

Touya exhaled, "That's good then. Let's go."

They changed their shoes and Touya led him to the pet store he knew. Touya has a pet dog himself and he bought everything he needed from this store.

"Welcome to Everyday Care Pet Shop." An employee greeted them.

"My friend here is looking for a hamster." Touya told her.

"The hamster section is this way." The employee led them in.

Not only mammals, the shop also has aquatic animals on sale. Looking at the fishes, Sei wondered if he should buy them instead since it was easier to take care of.

But he couldn't play with them in return…

"What's wrong?" Touya noticed his hesitance.

"I'm worried if I can't take care of it properly."

"Hey, don't worry. I'll help you with it." Touya assured him.

Sei considered it for a while and nodded. Seeing the hamsters made him want it even more.

He looked around and finally set his eyes on a small black and white hamster. The employee said it was still a child and Sei could build more trust with it.

Setting on that one, the employee started her instructions on how to properly take care of it. Sei took notes on his phone and bought several necessary items.

When they were on their way to the cashier, they walked past a group of rabbits placed in boxes attached to the wall. The boxes weren't covered, so anyone could reach out to them. Not only rabbits there were also cats!

"This is the petting area. These rabbits and cats are those who especially liked to be petted." The employee knowingly said.

Sei's eyes practically shone, and he carefully reached out to a fluffy orange cat. Even before his hand touched, the cat offered its head itself.

It was so cute and soft and fluffy!

Sei inwardly melted and felt more attacked when they cried. Looking at his silly grin, Touya shook his head and sighed, but the smile on his lips couldn't be contained.

Half an hour later, Sei finally remembered what he was there for. But when he looked back, Touya has already processed everything, carrying them in his hands.

"Sorry, I got carried away." Sei felt embarrassed. Even the employees laughed at him.

"It's alright," Touya chuckled, "I got carried away too."

36