Chapter 10
916 1 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sei petted the guinea pig on his lap in bliss. He was hesitant whether to do it or not, but when he saw a guy was pulled in by his girlfriend to pet with her, he decided to throw his worry out of the window.

He actually had done this twice in the past, but there was nothing wrong in wanting it again, right?

As he petted it, his mind wandered to his childhood memories. He wasn't this fond of fluffy or furry animals at first. He just generally liked them like most people.

It got to this point because of all his stress. Especially in middle school.

After he was satisfied, the 4 of them went to the souvenir house. Reita wanted to buy ice cream, but they all disagreed since they didn't want to clean up his mess later if he fell with it or dropped it on someone.

"What are you buying?" Daichi stood behind Sei looking at the item in his hand.

"A guinea pig doll for Panda."

After thinking for a second, Sei bought another one and one monkey doll.

At 6 PM they gathered back to the bus and left for dinner after making sure everybody was there. The students sat with the friends they were with, so Sei also sat together with Touya and Reita when he saw Fuyukawa was with her group of female friends.

Inwardly, he was very satisfied for the day. After all, he could enjoy the trip properly without any worry and everybody enjoyed it as well.

"What are you so happy about?" Touya raised an eyebrow.

Sei realized he was smiling a bit too wide and dropped it, "Nothing."

"I'm not saying that it's bad. It's just that you look like you're under constant stress lately. It's good that you're finally relaxed."

Reita who was sitting in front of them popped up his head above the backrest, "Yup, Touya's right. Though your face is mostly flat, your eyebrows kept frowning this past week."

Touya pushed him back down, "Sit properly."

"Everyone's doing it! Why just me?" Reita protested.

"Because you're a danger to the environment."

The restaurant that was booked for them was an all-you-can-eat buffet located in a luxury hotel. Apparently, even the teachers didn't expect it. The teacher in charge hurriedly tried to confirm it with the suited man who led them there.

The suited man only nodded and guided them in. The restaurant employees greeted them respectfully and showed them to their tables. A welcome banner was hung, showing the entire restaurant was indeed booked for them.

Each class has their own set of long tables. The restaurant provided food ranging from western, eastern, and of course, local food. There were a wide variety of dishes from appetizers to desserts. The drinks were also complete and if they wanted something that wasn't already there, they could ask for the chef to make it. There was even a karaoke machine prepared on the front stage.

At first, they were a bit awkward to get some food, but thanks to some boys who got shame written off from their dictionary, the rest started getting themselves comfortable.

Sei stood at the exclusive sushi section. Most people were going for the Hakata Ramen, so his side was empty. He picked a pre-arranged plate and a drink before going back to his seat.

When some students started singing, he already finished 2 plates of sushi, a bowl of motsunabe, and a matcha pudding.

"I'm going to the bathroom," he stood up as he told Touya, "Can I have my phone back?"

Touya gave it back to him, "Don't play with it when you walk."

"Yes…"

Sei walked out of the restaurant. He entered the bathroom and was washing his hand after he finished when the door opened.

The suited man entered, still with his glasses on although they were indoor, and the sky has already darkened outside. his head almost bumped the top of the door frame.

"Young Master Sei, it has been a long time." the man bowed 90 degrees.

"…Who are you?"

The man immediately looked up in shock, "Young master?? You don't remember me!?"

Sei laughed, "I'm just kidding. I called you just a week ago, Keiichi. How could you even believe that?"

Keiichi teared up, "Young Master Sei…You can make a joke!"

Sei, "…"

Keiichi wiped his tears with his sleeve, "You suddenly said you want to move out 3 years ago and forbid me to follow you. I have been worrying day and night since you didn't give any message or call on how you were doing. I thought you were kidnapped, but master and madam said you were doing fine. And if you didn't contact me for another 2 years, I would take it as I am no longer needed and planned to quit!"

Sei gave him a tissue, "You're always overreacting. I'm fine as you can see. And didn't I tell you why I want to move out on my own? Because you're exactly like this and I don't want to stand out."

Keiichi blew his nose, "Young Master, are you eating well? I wanted to send you your favorite dishes, but master and madam, nor anyone, would tell me your address."

"Because they knew you would send yourself instead sooner or later when you know where I live. And yes, I'm eating well," Sei took out one of the guinea pig dolls he bought, "Here, for you."

"Thank you very much, Young Master!" Keiichi accepted it carefully, "I will treasure it with my life!"

"Please don't…" Sei sighed, "How's father and mother?"

"Master and madam are healthy. They decided to go on a trip to Italy 3 days ago when they heard Young Master is having a school trip. They are staying there for a week, so, unfortunately, they are currently not home."

"…That's a whole different level than a school trip. Hopefully, Hashibe-san can stop them from buying too many things."

"Young Master, how was the arrangement for today? Is it successful?"

Sei could see a tail wagging behind him, asking for praise, "It's perfect. Nothing I expected has happened."

The words would sound strange to normal people. But Keiichi was aware of Sei's condition, so he knew that Sei gave him the highest praise, "Thank you very much, Young Master! I completed the game to make sure the places are completely different from the events. I also planted our people inside to prevent any romance from happening!"

"Keiichi…I hope you didn't ruin some strangers' romantic moments." Sei covered his forehead in exasperation.

"Don't worry, Young Master. Except for your school, everybody else in the park and aquarium was our people."

"…" He should've known, "Just do things moderately tomorrow or else someone will suspect something. I have to go now."

"Young Master…can't you stay for a while after the school trip's over?"

"I still have school to attend, Keiichi. I promise to come back every summer and winter break once this is over."

Keiichi brightened and offered his pinky, "I understand, Young Master! That's a promise, okay?"

Sei hooked his pinky finger to Keiichi's with a helpless smile, "Promise."

Keiichi has been his personal butler and bodyguard since he was in 3rd-grade elementary school. He was from one of the orphanages his family was supporting. Because of his strabismus eyes and lanky body, he was bullied by the other kids and was left out by them.

One day, Sei was visiting there with his parents when he found Keiichi. He asked why he wasn't playing with the others. Keiichi snapped at him in return, accidentally pouring out his pent-up emotion.

Even until now, Keiichi's tear glands still became fragile whenever he was with him.

So Sei gave him a pair of glasses to hide his eyes he hated so much and told his parents that he wanted him as his playmate starting that day. Because Keiichi was 5 years older and Sei didn't have a personal butler yet, they agreed and trained Keiichi. So he became both his playmate and butler. A few years later, he asked himself to be trained as a professional bodyguard.

To understate it, Keiichi became attached. His parents offered him to have eye surgery, but he refused, saying it was what made him be where he was right now. Although the glasses he gave when they were little didn't fit him anymore, he still kept them and kept buying one with a similar design.

Simply put, Keiichi has a love-hate relationship with his eyes.

Once Sei has left the bathroom, Keiichi followed a few minutes later. The bathroom was silent for a few seconds when one of the cubicle doors slowly opened.

38