Chapter 21
709 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once the visiting time ended, Touya and the others left. An hour later, Sugiura appeared with a paper bag containing Sei's change of clothes for tomorrow. When he got there, he saw Sei was copying notes on the hospital bed.

Sei looked up and gestured Sugiura to be silent when he saw Sugiura was about to open his mouth. He picked up his phone and typed something.

[I'll explain later. Did you find it?]

[It's in the hamster's cage. I left it there as you told me to. What's going on? You have a stalker?]

As expected. Touya planted listening devices around the player once his affection reached a certain level.

[It's not really a stalker per se. Just in case, can you check around the bed?]

Sugiura searched around and indeed found one under the bed. If he didn't know what the device looked like, he would've missed it. He almost cursed, but Sei quickly covered his mouth.

[What the hell? I'll call the 2 detectives from earlier]

Sei shook his head.

[Don't. I don't want the police to be involved in this one]

Sugiura frowned and immediately guessed who did it. Sei confirmed it with his eyes.

[Listen carefully, Sugiura-kun. You can't let any of them see you around me. Don't visit my apartment or look for me until I solve this. Don't text me first in our chat and don't call me. For now, we should do our best to not be seen together especially when they are around. If it's something urgent give me a missed call, I'll go find you]

–––––

–––

Just as Touya promised, he visited Sei every day after school to lend his notes. Daichi needed to practice for an upcoming tournament next week so he couldn't join even though he wanted to. Reita was also held back by his club members to finish the manga they wanted to submit to a competition.

Sei forced himself to focus on copying the notes, trying his best to ignore Touya who was staring at him across the dining table. The ticking of the clock only made the passing time feel more awkward for him.

Was Touya always staring at him this intensely like that? How could he not realize it?

It's really unsettling…

He didn't understand how the player's character could blush from this. When he looked at her monologue in the game, she felt a mix of embarrassment, shyness, and happiness that he thought maybe that was what it felt like when being stared at by a handsome person.

But she was definitely blind. This was downright nerve-wracking. Not to mention, they were alone right now.

Or was it because the character was oblivious while he was fully aware of what Touya did to her in the game's bad ending?

Sei stopped writing and looked up at Touya, "Is there something on my face?"

"No?" Touya slightly tilted his head as if asking why he asked that.

"You're staring too much." It's uncomfortable.

Sei stopped himself from saying the latter half.

"I'm just looking as much as usual though?" Touya put his hands on the table and leaned forward slightly.

Sei's heart rate increased as he swallowed his saliva. He continued writing to distract himself, his pen moving faster than earlier.

"You can go watch tv if you're that bored."

"It's alright. I'm not bored at all," Touya calmly replied, "Has Sugiura come to visit you yet?"

"No. Why are you suddenly asking about him?"

"I was just wondering since he made quite a scene when you got that fever. I thought he would…take care of you again."

"That was just because of Shohei. Like you guys, he actually came looking for Shohei but ended up nursing me."

"Really? He didn't come again the next day?" Touya narrowed his eyes slightly.

Sei's hand halted for a split second, but he quickly recovered. He knew Touya was testing whether he would lie to him for Sugiura or not.

"He did. But I already switched with Shohei, so he ended up doing his homework here. It was a disaster."

Touya looked around the room briefly and smiled at Sei, "Have you realized? This is the first time for me to enter your apartment."

"I guess that's true."

That was because you didn't let me take pictures of your notes. If not, I wouldn't have invited you in.

He didn't really have any personal reason. He just psychologically rejected the idea of characters entering his safe space.

"Why do you never want us to enter while Sugiura could do so that easily?"

"I don't like my personal space being invaded. As for Sugiura-kun…you know how he is."

Touya hummed vaguely. Sei's palms were already damp from sweat. He put his pen down.

"I'm taking a drink. Do you want anything?"

"I'll do it," Touya stood up, "Plain water?"

Sei nodded slightly, "Sorry."

While Touya went to get their drinks, Sei wiped his palm onto his pants. He has a feeling that if he said one wrong word, it would be dangerous either for him or Sugiura. It was fine if it was just him since he was sure Touya wouldn't hurt him, but he couldn't let this implicate Sugiura.

"Here." Touya offered him the glass.

Sei reached out to take it, but Touya inched it away.

"?"

He tried again and Touya pulled it further again.

"Touya…?"

When he looked up, he shuddered to see the other person was watching him closely with unblinking eyes. He could almost see the deep emotions brewing inside them. Their eyes met and Touya smiled.

"What's wrong? Go ahead."

"…" Sei tried again and Touya still did the same thing. He gave up, "What is it?"

"Nothing. You never really get mad, don't you?" Touya chuckled and drank the water.

"Is this something to be mad abo–Mph?!"

Sei's eyes widened in shock as Touya pressed his lips on his. He raised up Sei's chin and slightly pulled open his mouth to transfer the water for Sei to drink. Sei managed to not choke on it, but some spilled out the corner of his mouth. Touya's eyes were opened wide, taking in every second.

Once Sei drank them, Touya straightened up and drank another mouthful.

"Touya, what–Ngh–"

Sei didn't get to finish his words when Touya raised his chin and connected their lips again. His other hand was placed on the chair's backrest. Sei tried using both of his hands to push him away, but Touya didn't budge. He also couldn't escape anywhere because of his foot.

He finished drinking the second round. His body was suddenly lifted up from his chair and Touya turned to place him down on the table after sweeping the things away.

"It's alright, I'm just helping you drink." Touya smiled as usual and took a mouthful again.

"Stop it. I'm serious." Sei covered his mouth.

Touya easily pried it away and continued his advance. He didn't stop until the glass was finally empty. At some point, he noticed that Sei stopped struggling and let him feed the water. He closed his eyes to properly enjoy their connection.

As expected, Sei wouldn't get mad over this for long. In the end, Sei always listened to him obediently. Even if Sei sulked or pouted afterward, he understood his affection and care for him. He was very sure, Sei would eventually accept his love.

He didn't mind fighting fair and square with Daichi and Reita, but he would never let that random delinquent take away Sei from them. From him.

Sei was acting slightly differently around them after he switched with Shohei. He must've noticed their feelings for him. There was no better time for them to make a move and let Sei be more aware of them.

He smiled in satisfaction and broke away their last kiss, "Sei, I know you know that I–"

Once he opened his eyes, he froze.

Sei was looking at him with disappointment in his eyes. The bespectacled youth wiped the tear pooling in his eyes and silently got down from the table with one foot. He took his crutches and walked away.

"Sei…?" Touya caught his shoulder, "What's wrong?"

He stiffened when Sei's empty eyes stared at him. He unconsciously let go and watched Sei enter his room. The door slowly closed. It made Touya feel more restless than if Sei slammed it in anger.

Touya was left by himself listening to the clock ticking away, mocking him. The more he stood there, the deeper Sei's disappointment haunted his mind.

What has he done?

Touya knocked on Sei's door, "Sei, please open the door. I…I didn't mean to…No, I did. But I didn't mean to hurt you…Please talk to me."

He waited for 10 minutes, but there was no response from Sei.

"Sei…to you, I…" Touya's fist clenched tighter, "I'm sorry, I crossed the line. I'll come back tomorrow."

Inside the room, Sei listened to Touya's footsteps walking away and the entrance door opened and closed. He sighed.

25