Chapter 23
662 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reita choked on his bread. He hit his chest and drank to swallow it down before looking up at Sei nervously. Sei was staring at him dryly.

He inwardly cursed at Daichi. That guy told him and Touya that he wouldn't reveal their deal to Sei. Touya was helping his club with something and Daichi was off to practice, so he was currently left to face Sei's anger alone.

They're really screwed.

He couldn't even tell how angry Sei was, much less how to handle it. Sei only kept looking at him with emotionless eyes from behind his lenses. His voice didn't fluctuate when he asked whether or not they made other deals involving him behind his back.

Sei spoke again after finishing his onigiri, "Reita, what do you guys take me as? I thought the 3 of you hang out with me because we're friends."

"We are!" Reita hurriedly replied.

"Are we? Because from my point of view, right now, you guys are treating me like an object. A trophy," Sei took out his phone, refusing to look at Reita anymore, "I'm also currently immobile. Isn't it befitting?"

Reita gulped his saliva, cold sweat forming on his forehead, "S-Sei, it's not like that. A-A-Are you mad? What am I saying? Of course, you are. Ah…Uh…That…" he turned his brain upside down to think of something, anything, "It's just Daichi! Right, he threatened us that he'll purposely lose if we don't agree. I and Touya are innocent."

"Is that so?" Sei raised his head and looked at Reita right into his eyes, "Can you truly say to me now that you've never thought of me as something else than a friend?"

Reita's pupils shook as he tried his best to not look away from guilt. But his drawings of Sei that he created every single night one by one popped into his head. Especially the explicit ones he crafted when Shohei occupied Sei's body.

He finally broke away from Sei's gaze.

"Did you forget that I have Shohei's memory? Or maybe exactly because you're aware of this that you, Touya, and Daichi are doing this?" Sei returned to his phone in disappointment.

"Shohei's nature has always been like that since we're little. He messed around with many people, so I never took them seriously. It was understandable if some of them got their emotions stirred, whether in a good way or bad. But you guys are different."

"You knew it was Shohei at that time and not me. Do you guys assume that it is fine to do this to me simply because Shohei exposed your thoughts on me?" Sei glanced at Reita, "Or is it because I never told you to burn every drawing you made based on me?"

Reita paled, "…Y-You knew?"

Sei inwardly sighed. As expected, Reita forgot. In that case, he should continue with the original script.

"That's your worry? Did you lie thinking that I don't know?" Sei faintly frowned, but Reita noticed it very clearly. He lowered his gaze, "Go away. I don't want to see you."

"I-I-I know you're a-angry, but–" Reita reached out, but Sei pulled his hand away and glared at him.

"Go away," he repeated, "You don't even understand what exactly I'm angry about."

Sei's words hit right in the bullseye. Reita dejectedly went to his desk with his unfinished food, tripping over the chair he was sitting on when he stood up. Sei put on his earphones to prevent Reita from talking to him.

All that was left to do was to wait and see how effective his words are.

The exact opposite from Touya, he needed to be strict with Reita and directly voiced out his disapproval. What was tricky about this, was that he needed to be careful to not outright deny and reject him, or else it would agitate Reita too much and ended up…bloody.

The fictional Reita became obsessed with the player because he was having an inspiration block before meeting the player. If the player picked the correct answers in every interaction with Reita, it would increase Reita's curiosity and attraction towards them. When their bond was deep enough, Reita would ask the player to be his reference material for his drawings, further worsening his attachment and obsession.

The player was only able to slowly refuse his advances when Reita's requests were starting to bend away from his initial pure intentions. The climax would be when the player saw one of the borderline explicit drawings of them in Reita's drawing book. If they responded aggressively, it would lead to Reita's blackening where he would end up killing himself after finishing one last drawing of the player colored with the player's blood.

Honestly, Sei doubted that the real Reita would be capable of hurting himself or others. At the very least, he knew that the fictional Reita wouldn't get a nosebleed once things became a bit too heated. Roughly said, their mental age was different. Still, there was no such thing as being too careful.

Once school finished, Sei picked up his bag and left, ignoring Reita and Touya. Knowing the situation, Touya canceled his plan to take Sei home. With this, he already messed up twice. He didn't want to increase Sei's negative feelings towards him.

But instead of going down, Sei climbed up the stairs until he reached the rooftop.

"Kurosaki-senpai?"

Sei turned towards the voice and found Sugiura lying down as he expected, "I knew you'll be here."

Sugiura sat up, "Do you need me for something, Senior?"

Sei took out the 2 zipper-lock plastic bags containing the glass shards along with their tapes, "Can you help me give this to the detectives?"

Sugiura stood up and went to him. He accepted it with a frown, "Someone is really out to harm you. Did you offend someone lately, Senior? Or maybe it's Kurosaki-san?"

"Not that I'm aware of. Can you also ask the detectives what they have found so far?"

"Got it," Sugiura stored the plastic bags into his bag, "You brought this kind of thing to school?"

"Just in case things like this happens again." Sei shrugged.

Sugiura looked at his foot, "How is it? You went for a checkup yesterday, right?"

"The doctor said it's healing smoothly. No sign of tetanus. I'll be able to walk moderately in 2 weeks or so. No straining activities though."

"That's a relief," Sugiura put his hands into his pocket, "And the other matter?"

"It's not as serious as I thought. Sorry for scaring you. But it's better to still keep our distance somewhat since it's not sure yet."

"I feel like we're having an affair right now," Sugiura raised his eyebrows, "Are we?"

Sei used one of his crutches to hit Sugiura's leg, "Shut up or I won't help you with your homework again."

Sugiura's mouth curved up and let Sei hit him, "That's not good. I'm planning to use you until I graduate," he helped Sei steadied himself back, "But really, are they seriously going after you? But you're a guy, right?"

"What's with the questioning tone? I'm a genuine male. Do I look like a girl anywhere?" Sei felt offended, "You have perverts coming after your brother and you're asking that?"

"My brother is small, cute, and gullible, so it's understandable I guess. You're not like that at all. Moreover, their target is my brother's ass, not heart," Sugiura reasoned, earning another hit from Sei, "Ouch! I'm not kidding, Senior. You're taking this too normally that I've got to ask. Are you perhaps gay? Or are they're the ones who're gay, so you're not that surprised?"

Sei sighed, "I don't really have any preferences and I've never been in a relationship. But I guess I'm fine with either? Probably because of my brother. I have too many things on my plate that I don't really care about it. As for them…"

They probably got affected by the curse since they never showed any signs of liking him that way before this. But he couldn't really say that.

"I don't know. We never talked about it."

"Oh…" Sugiura processed it, "Somehow, that answer is so you, Senior. You'll probably answer more seriously if I ask what type of cat you like the most."

"What's with that?" Sei smiled, "It's Chartreux, by the way."

"I wasn't even asking…"

"Do you want to see?"

"No, thanks. I'll help you go down. Those 3 are currently in their clubs, right? It should be fine."

Sugiura took Sei's bag from him before kneeling down. He hooked his arms behind the other's knees and hauled the person up to his back.

"Ah- Hey!" Sei hurriedly moved his arm forward, knocking Sugiura's head with his crutches several times in result.

"Ow, ow! Kurosaki-senpai, are you trying to make me dumber?"

"I'll be the one to suffer if that happens." Sei hit him once more on purpose.

Sugiura laughed, "You're not wrong."

24