Hanlait: Land of Legends chapter 1
86 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"a strange dream"

 

Hanlait, a land of dangers and rewards .where you can reach the top but you can also end up in the abyss.

 

Many races dispute the dominion of it, to the north are the Nayud, a nation of quasi-immortal beings. Entities that crawl in the dark to come to light, further east is the only entrance to the sea taking for granted a countless number of small nations, counting on a desert which ends in a mixture of aquatic and terrestrial races named Ecorti.

 

Located to the west an endless forest is found there, not yet finding an end seen. In this strip live very friendly beings with nature, the so-called spiritual oboq. Arriving to the south, a land where the cold never ends, the sarnts or giants are found for some, creating a large number of concentrations called clans.

 

And to finish the center, for some, as the name says, the center of everything and everyone, but for others it is where the most powerful and technologically advanced nation of this great land still to be explored is located. Dominated by a clan of great beasts wise for diplomacy but cruel for war, the Cardrag, gigantic winged beings who breathe fire and express great intelligence.

 

Giving a continuous great deal of conflict, or was until about 50 years ago. When the ancients of each race, nation or clan arrived at the truth and the destiny to which all beings were headed, extermination, everything. Consequence of the endless conflicts between them. Resulting in a great decline in the total population, such that only old men and children were glimpsed without any almost remote sign of strong and vigorous young people.

 

That is why in the year 0 of the grat paxi, named thus by the ancients giving a reset for all as a new era of peace.

 

More than 70 years have passed since the establishment of the grat paxi, this time has been an almost total relief for this land torn by destruction and countless suffering. Born an era of science, magic and exploration, thus flourishing an incredible economic development in a great cultural rise for all races.

 

Year 75 G.P, day 10 of the 4th month.

 

It was a morning like any other in the Luzurian capital, the most advanced socio-economic and cultural center of Hanlait. Giving rise to a boom in scientific and magical development in the nation dominated by the Cardrag clan. Being the most respected faction on the continent, their culture was a rich mix of other winged races and foreigners who came to experience a better life.

 

Because of this, it was normal to find oboq or even sarnt in this city, even the dark Nayud arrived. Called the city of hope or eternal fire, named by the Cardrag, it was a gigantic city of more than 10 million inhabitants and growing due to the great development that was taking place in it, adorned by great walls of more than 30 meters in height. tall by 10 wide, also protected by the countless magical inscriptions that filled the walls of these. Thus giving an imposing, magical and honorable appearance.

 

As every day the city woke up with the noise of caravans, workers and others from different areas of life, among them was David, an orphan boy who works on any assignment that provided him with money. Of course you will say an orphan, but thanks to the chapels that were found throughout Hanlait, he was fortunate that the priestesses of the capital took care of many other children like him, abandoned by their parents or without the hope of returning to. find them in this life.

 

As such, the boy ran with great enthusiasm, since today was the day he was coming of age. In Hanlait, young people who reached the age of 15 were considered older and were already eligible members of the society.

 

The young man was hurrying with great enthusiasm to the torat pastry shop, which was located north of the commercial street.

 

-Care! ... permission! ... here I come! ...

 

-hears! boy be careful where you run!

 

-no! .... my position! ...

 

-Damn David! ....

 

-JAJAJAJ!...

 

The boy laughed and enjoyed the marathon that started giving way to a small but annoying destruction.

 

The one human, an almost extinct race that centuries ago dominated the north, but due to the great plague of 700 years ago almost all humans were exterminated and the few survivors were taken in by the Cardrag, thus making them their vassals, thanks to the government. wise of the drags, humans were able to almost stay out of their existence.

Well, it was inexplicable why a young man with brown hair, height of 175 cm with almost thin muscles could cause so much disorder between the different races that were there or it was his extreme charisma that dissuaded them from revenge or the non-existent luck of being elusive already that they had more to take care of due to their fuss.

 

When I got to the torat pastry shop, he pushed open the door, ringing a bell that announced the arrival of a customer.

 

There was a somewhat beautiful girl, a harp, made up mostly of women, she had claws at the end of her legs and her arms were joined by two large scaled wings. One of the many races subordinate to the drags.

 

She was 186 cm tall, with slightly yellowish brown skin, purple hair and silver eyes, made her a beautiful lady for all who entered, even for David.

 

With her blue eyes, David took in the new seasonal cakes and pointed at them he asked.

 

-mari, are those the only ones there? ...

 

-mh? ah .. Hi David .. if you are the only ones for? ..

 

-well, I wanted something more eccentric and original .. Not the same ones made by that old curmudgeon ...

 

So was he, honest and direct, this due to his experience in the streets of the capital. Finishing up by acquiring a somewhat honest, creative and thoughtful personality. Coming to want new and original things whenever he could.

 

-Hahahaha, hey don't be like that, the one you're talking about is my father and yes .. He may be somewhat stubborn but he's a good pastry chef.

 

-well what you say ... but can you do better?

 

-Of course .. you tell me what you want and I'll tell my father ..

 

-mmm well, that sounds a bit better .. Then he looks at this.

 

David showed a drawing to Mari, in it was the copy of the Hanlait map, she narrowed her eyes showing some concentration, the second she opened her eyes with surprise.

 

-oh .. who would have thought, the little imp from the shopping street has a talent for drawing, but ... why a map of the continent?

 

-Well, you see ... Mmm ... I have a great dream ...

 

-oh .. and that's it?

 

-Eat a large portion of this land called Hanlait!

 

-well, well, well .. I don't know whether to call it crazy or interesting ... but I approve of your delusional dream little imp ..

 

Mari said with a big thumb up.

 

-hears! don't call it that .. it's a great dream you know ..

 

She answered David with a haughty look that was later complemented with a mockery.

 

-hahahaha but of course I'm joking. eh .. or do you think me so crazy?

 

- Well, I can't confirm that ...

 

Mari replied with a narrowed look.

 

-hears! don't deny it either..tch!

 

-hahaha, quiet, then I take your order?

 

-Of course mari .. Are they 3 tor?

 

-yes david ... it's expensive ... but you know ... it's the best you can find ...

 

She said with a wink, tor is the currency widely accepted by all races in Hanlait, their purveyors? the drags, as the current economic powerhouse, was to be expected.

 

-Yes .... David replied with a shadowed look.

 

What mari did not know was that in the early morning of that day, the clock barely ticked 00:00, thus arriving on his birthday, David had a strange dream. In the glimpse of a map of a strange land burning, he also saw how a man rose among thousands, while they paid homage to him, thus gestating in his small and young heart the flame of an unshakable ambition.

 

Which would consume him or take him to great heights ...

 

TO BE CONTINUE.....

 

 

 

GOOD MORNING FOR SOME OR POSSIBLY GOOD NIGHTS .. GOOD I WISH YOU A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL POSSIBLE (I hope) READERS OF THIS PILOT CHAPTER…

HERE AUTHOR ... WELL YOU WILL KNOW ME AS NICOLAS .. I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY LITTLE BUT SHORT CHAPTER, I'M NEW IN THIS AS YOU CAN SEE. I DON'T HAVE A SINGLE EXPERIENCE IN THIS OF BEING A WRITER, BUT I HAVE DECIDED WITH THE LITTLE FREE TIME I HAVE, TO DEDICATE IT TO WRITING AND UNLEASH MY SMALL IMAGINATION ... THEN IT WILL BE A PLEASURE, READ THE CONSTRUCTIVE OPINIONS AND REVIEWS (PLEASE) MY STORY..

 

HERE NICOLAS ... AND I WISH YOU FOR THE SECOND TIME. A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

 

WE WILL SEE YOU ANOTHER OCCASION .. END OF MY REPORT… ..

2