C1 – Encounter
53 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rain touched his forehead, a frown appeared in the space revealed by his crossed arms. 


"I....I didn't think finding a job would be this frightening." 


He murmured. After saying this, he then opened the water valve before him and let the warm tap water spray into his ice cold hands. When the water poured into it, he shivered unconsciously. 


"Ha..." 


He sighed as he looked up. Staring at his reflection being reflected by the rectangle shaped mirror. 


Rain was not a handsome youth. He was only about a bit above average. He had a rather rounded nose, slightly pumped lips and an oval shaped face. Resting on his nose bridge was a black framed eyeglasses.


The only thing out of the ordinary on his look was his rare green hazel eyes that lies within his upturned double lid eyes and his somewhat grayish brown hair that was trimmed perfectly on the sides and a little pointed front hair scattered on his forehead. A mole lies in between his faintly thick eyebrows. 


Talking about his appearance, Rain sighed again. He had strolled in different jobs, wanting to quickly find and be employed in one. The types rages from being an office worker and to even being an artist. But towards an introverted and an uneducated shut in youth like him, he was only welcomed with pure goodbyes and failures. 


There were more jobs he could try applying for but these were low paying ones. He really needed a huge amount of money to pay for his sister's hospitalization fee, he could only go to the option of borrowing money but isn't that a bad idea...? Who knows what could happen if he fails to repay the amount he borrowed, especially if in the near future, he would remain unemployed and his sister would fail to wake up.


Thinking about his sister, Rain quickly splashed the water that began trailing down from his palm due to overflow into his face. After doing this did he only remembered he was wearing glasses and took it off without second thoughts. 


Without knowing, tears trailed down from his face, colliding with the water trails. Due to his blurry vision, he was unable to discern he was crying and the hazy water bubbles in the corner of his eyes dropped one by one. 


It was a very shocking. An event he never thought would happen. Things were naturally going fine, his sister was a teacher and was like a mother each time she came home. He could even remember what the food she cooked tasted like, a homely taste with sister love. Call him a sister-con, who cares about that. Their parents died early, leaving the young ten year old Rain alone with his eighteen year old big sister River.  


During the death of their parents, Rain was very depressed. Having been spoiled young and also born introverted the total opposite of her friendly and talkative sister who had grown into an independent woman over the time. Time healed wounds, truly it did. Rain began to slowly open up, only to his sister that is. His depression stopped, River happily hugged her little brother after confirming he was no longer crying each time she went inside his room....


Continuing to what that event was, Rain perfectly remembered everything that happened, though he wish he could forget it, he couldn't. 


Laying in the ice cold cement road, was a body twisted into a curved angle. A woman with light brown hair had her eyes half closed, revealing a bit of her hazel blue eyes. She was wearing casual clothes, a blue tube top and a dark brown shorts which was bloodied all over. Her skin was filled with bruises and red liquid fell from her forehead, staining her face. Her hand twitched, and loud chatters of the crowd echoed. 


Rain stood from the other side of the road, his face pale and his legs trembled as he fell down. Tears formed in the corners of his eyes, he wanted to rush towards the bloodied body but he couldn't, a trace of fear and contempt with the blood scattered in her body made him unable to move forward. 


The people around chattered. Some quickly took their phones and flashed their cameras around. Some discussed, some whispered. Rain stood in his place as he silently listened to what the people surrounding had to say...


A truck was on the left lane, and an expensive car was on the right lane from the lane in front. River was walking in the sidewalks when she suddenly spotted her younger brother who was wearing a black hoodie. Surprised by her brother's sudden exposure outside, she smiled. 


Unlike Rain's features, River was born beautiful and out of the average. Her light brown hair waved slightly that was resting on her shoulders as she revealed a bright teeth seeing smile. Rain was fazed by his sister's sudden smile, unconsciously, he smiled. 


Suddenly, when the traffic lights struck red. River had her mouth opened agape and her body twisted to run into the pedestrian lane. Everything was slow in Rain's eyes, he watched as he sister rushed in the middle of the road, and the truck suddenly speed up. His sister tucked down a bit low and hugged something he couldn't see, the truck ran very fast and collided to her body, making her slightly fly above, though the pain, River hugged something tightly and turned her body to face back into the road then before she could lay in the ground, the expensive car sped up and the hit it's roof a couple of times before ending in the road, bloodied all over....


Later, an ambulance arrived and quickly sent his sister to the hospital. Fortunately, she was not dead but unfortunately, she was in coma and if things end up wrong, she won't be able to wake up.....


Ring! 


Rain awakened from his thoughts, and clumsily returned his glasses back. He then took a handkerchief to wipe his wet hands and then he took out his phone from his pocket pants. 


He stared at the screen of his phone where a message floated up. 


"Forgive us, but the team is already full so..." 


Rain shook his head, "Why...do they all have to send a message of sorry, Forgive, and the likes towards my failure application...well it would be better...if..they, were straightforward..." Said Rain as he tucked his phone back into his pocket. 


He raised his hand holding a handkerchief and wiped his wet hair, he then inhales and exhaled for a few times before opening the door out of the restroom. 


Rain looked at his messy room. The pillows were thrown in the corners, the sheets was not kept aww and many things were in disorder. Pushing his glasses up, he bent down and began cleaning. 


In the lightly lit room, brownish and reddish lightings showered inside. It did not take a long time for him to finish cleaning and he gave a slight smile.


The tv that he turned on half way became the only sound in the silent room, Rain softly sat down on his bed as he listened on the news. 


"....Famous Superstar "Sunny" came up and said in her twitter page that she would resign. Reasons bringing into this was her latest scandals. Mike shook his head and said in another post that Sunny told everyone she was not in fault however if it was really not her fault, why would she resign? Regarding her scandals centering President Leo of Xing Corp. the said superstar was found trying to climb his bed! Madam Ann, the wife of President Leo was deeply angered about this superstar as Sunny wanted to climb her husband's bed....And that's all from the sources we had looked into gave, Miss "Sunny", we hoped to speak with you however our team was unable to connect to yours....." 


Rain stood up and turned off the TV. 


Turning his body to the left, Rain walked towards the door where a note was pinned. 


"I....It's evening already." He said faintly. "I, remember that there were no food left in the refrigerator, it seems like I have to go take a short trip outside and buy some fast cooking food." 


After he said that, Rain turned around and quickly sorted out his clothes, his hand paused when he swept by a hoodie. 


"I feel not right when I wear this..." He said while shaking his head. "I can just wear my clothes directly, it was not a long walk anyways..." 


After a few minutes of making a decision, Rain decided to wear what he was wearing currently, an oversized shirt and knee length shorts and slippers. 


He twisted the doorknob and walked out, before going out he first turned back to lock the house. After saying short motivational messages to himself to ensure he won't cowardly run away from the store like he did back then. Rain passed under the bridge and then walked towards the light brimming shop which by luck, was not crowded. 


Pushing the steel framed door, Rain went inside.

....

Pulling the steel framed door, Rain walked out. 


He held a paper bag in his hands as he walked slowly to return into his house. 


Suddenly, while passing under the bridge, Rain heard a rather low shout. He was very confused on how he was able to hear it but questions was for later, he said in his mind. 


He looked around and then looked up and saw a girl wearing a black hoodie, somewhat similar to his however pink stripes coated the hems. 


She was standing on the bridge railings, Rain was deeply worried about this. 


Before he could shout to warn this girl, the girl had moved forward and Rain watched as the girl's body fell slowly to the ground. 


Rain wanted to scream, no, he wanted to run away. But if he does, the girl would become meat paste, blood would scatter around that would definitely invoke his desire to vomit...


Without second thoughts, he moved his body and stepped back slightly wanting to discern where the girl would fall. But despite that the fall seemed slow in his eyes, the girl was falling fast! Biting his lower lip, he threw his paper bag to the side and when the bag hit the ground, the cup noodles inside rolled out. 


Rain raised his hands, and watched as the girl's weight made him slightly bend down. It may be rude but the girl was heavy, however this was purely someone would expect as the object, no the person falling would place the inertia into the person holding it. 


One feet up high and his hip twisted slightly to the side, Rain twirled around a few times before succumbing to the ground. His no collided with the ground and made a puffing sound as dust flew by...


He held the girl in his arms, and breathed in and out for a few times...

3