Prologue 3
1.3k 4 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Forgive me, I need to use the restroom, you can use this time to discuss my situation to Cecelia." I told Halcation as I got up from our dinner table.

The restroom was nothing unusual... I already accepted my fate in my third day of being a young girl so my ordeal was nothing. 

... Though I now understood why girls in school both went to the restroom and took longer in them then the guys did... 

... Ahem--I did what I needed to do, then washed my hands before leaving the washroom to go back to our dinner table meeting.

"... be a little understanding of your sister's situation." I came in to hear that... Well--err... 

Cecelia took a glance at me before nodding to Halcation...? Err--whatever; I suppose I did tell him to explain to Cecelia my situation and memory loss. 

I was sure I interrupted something they were conversing about. "Apologizes for interrupting your discussion." I sat down back in the table on the side of Cecelia. 

... ... ... Long story short... ... ...

We discussed our legal status. Without parents, we were to be given to our father's family; though no one from his side wished to claim us. I was at the age, 14, to decide some basic sense of direction for us, though... If I were a normal girl, I would do the sensible thing and ask Halcation to adopt us or request our mother's side to take us in, but, luckily, I had the benefit of both being a used-to-be 15 year old high school guy and also the used-to-be son of a well-off family. I choose the option that wasn't listed, but I knew existed; emancipation for independence to claim myself as an adult in name. That would connect me and Cecelia together, as well as giving me many freedoms as an adult - though one that isn't 18. Though for this, I would have to end up going with Halcation to meet his friend who happened to know the legal work throughs of the Empire of Astera...

... ... ... I would have contacted my own contacts, but I figure doing so would arise suspicion if I do something improperly...

I also only chose this option due to the fact that our current situation - after I claim our inheritance and the payout from the Waltsia family - being financially stable. In total from the papers Halcation showed me, we totaled around 1429000000 Marks. Which was more then enough to last us for around 10 years, provided we don't go on a spending spree.

 

 

 


 

 

 

"It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Teseia." What the heck is with all these familiar faces? I knew him too--, "My name is Ignation Kalahad."

"It--..." Err... "My name is Teseia Alicia, thank you for taking on Halcation's invitation to help me with my Emancipation of Legal Dependence." Of course I knew this; I worked under this office as an intern from my--err, I worked here in my previous life. 

It was just me here with a meeting, so I felt it was okay for me to speak a little bit more informed on the legal workings of this country. In worse case, I would be seen as someone who was knowledgeable about this, and best case would be that I was a responsible girl who studied for this meeting.

Ahaha--the signature laugh of praise from Ignation... "You are wonderfully well informed of this; please follow me to my office so we can discuss and sign the papers." 

... ... ... Another long story short... ... ...

Everything went smoothly - I did afterall know what I needed to bring and what information to know. For a--... Well, if someone is trying to do an Emancipation of Legal Dependence, they are likely someone desperate or someone who knows what they are doing... Ahem--that aside--, doing a complete signing for an Emancipation of Legal Dependence with all required information and documents in one visit is probably something no Legal Office ever expects. All I needed was my proof of identity, reason for wishing to be independent, and proof that my independence will not bring me more harm than good. Luckily for me, I had proof for everything; I had the basic credentials for proofing that I am indeed Teseia Alicia, a reason for wishing to be independent (Our parent's deaths), and proof that I could sustain our style of living without financial worries.

"... Please take my business card; if you need any work at all, I will ensure the Ignation Legal Office will pay for your education in legal work and secure you a job." That--... Why is he giving me, as Alicia, this? I never received something like this as my original self... "Your demonstration and composure are both amazing skills; no less from one so young. You will do excellent as an independent young woman." Huh--?

"Ano--... thank you then Mister Ignation..." I uttered... It... truly is embarrassing to hear such praise as a girl...

We were done with everything, and I was told that 7 days from now I would be considered on paper an independent adult. 

 


 

"Now--..." I uttered as I took off my loafers in the front door... It was on my mind for a while... "... school..." 

The date of the accident was on 933, First Half, Day 101-2, and today was Day 118-2, so... I missed 14 school days in total... Cecelia missed 14 days as well... Thinking about this; I needed to arrange school for us. Considering that I got my basic supplies like my handout, I need to see if I have my school uniform and see if Cecelia has her uniform.

Life as an adult--I... feel frightened by that prospect, yet confident I could handle it, though I had to make sure we had a stable path to our future.

Well--... I guess I should do the basics. Time to check for our mail... eh...?

"Thersia Junior High School of Higher Education...?" A letter--ah, that's her school... That makes things easier. 

"Alright... I'll arrange for us to start on the 129th day." That should give me enough time to plan what we need, see what we have, and contact our schools regarding our absences.

53