Chapter 4
867 3 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sigh…” I looked at my pathetic self in the mirror. My leg’s didn’t hurt as bad as yesterday - to the point I could even move -, but I still felt soreness that made it uncomfortable to stand. “There’s no way I’ll make it to school.” Other then getting a ride, I was not getting to school by walking.

Though… actually… I should think about this situation more critically. 

I took my phone out and got to the Thersia Hospital site… there—

I found a phone number as I searched for the name Halcation. “Hello—could I speak with Doctor Halcation?” 




I closed the door behind me whilst I sloppily and clumsily walked in. 
“Apologizes Doctor Halcation for requesting an appointment on such short notice today." I sat down and put my small bag on my lap before looking around quickly. A small medical office with an elevated bed in the corner of the room, a simplistic medical checkup room. 

I already explained how I got myself into this position - running gone wrong - in my reservation. Yet… I can't believe I'm back at a hospital again, after three weeks from awaking, here I was… though at least I wasn’t stuck in bed.

Dr Halcation took some papers out of a drawer. "Do not worry, regardless of what or when, I do my best to check and care for my patients.” Doctor Halcation replied as he looked at the papers he pulled out. "Regarding your condition from what you told me Teseia, I will get someone to do all the basic scans to check for any bone or stress fractures, or anything we should be concerned about. Afterwards, I'll have a female assistant perform a basic physical checkup on you." Physical checkup--ah... 

I've done them before, but... as a girl--isn't this where they check...

"Any concerns or questions?" Err—questions…

“Nothing…” I uttered… best not to think about it. Nothing weird of a physical…

“Through before anything, could you fill this medical questionnaire; whatever doesn’t apply to you now or if  you can’t recall it, leave blank.” He took out a paper and gave it to me…

Medical questions… How should I answer them? A lot of them were bound to be mental health questions, but—er… “Well there’s going to be a lot of blanks…” I ushered.


I stumbled with the physician near the office that Dr Halcation was in. The physician I was with pointed to a waiting area next near the office. “Wait here Teseia, I have to speak with Dr Halcation.” The physician told me. 

I nodded my head and went to sit down. I took out a book I carried around in my small book bag and started reading…

… … …

“Are you Teseia?” Eh—? 

A female nurse asked me - beside the chair I sat in -, catching my focus off the novella I was reading. “Err—yes.” I uttered quickly to the nurse who suddenly appeared.

“Apologizes for interrupting you Teseia, but could you follow me? Dr Halcation is ready to speak with you.” Ah, at last…

I stowed away my book in my book bag, “Of course.” I stood up and recollected myself before following the nurse through the hospital hallway.

We approached near a door, “Wait here.” The nurse said as she entered the office… some footsteps and mumbled voices through the door later, the door opened, “You can come in Teseia.” She said as she walked out the door.

“Yes.” I uttered. I walked into the door she held open and thanked her. As I turned to see into the room, Dr Halcation sat there on his desk.

“Welcome back to my office Teseia.” Halcation said as he went through a file marked ‘Teseia Alicia’. 

I sat down on the chair in the office, “Back here again.” I jokingly uttered. 

“Indeed.” He paid little attention to me as he pulled two papers out of the file… and after a minute, “Your body is fine for the most part; but…” Dr Halcation took a large breath… “For the most part, your muscles are very weak - especially your legs.”

Eh—? “What—ah…” Everything made more sense when I thought about it… Obviously there would be no way that a girl sent into a bedridden state - for who knows how long - would recover perfectly, even if by miracle. “What—, is there any way for me to recover?” 

“Yes…” Dr Halcation uttered… “I can issue you physical therapy, but even with you being young and developing, I doubt your body will heal completely.” Ugh…

“Then…” I know it was bad, but I had to ask something… “Just how much will my injury affect my normal life?” 

“That—is to say…” He took another long pause as he held his hand to his chin… “… I cannot say for certain how much, but doing rigorous physical activities - or even anything more then a fast walk - will start straining your legs, and carrying heavy loads will ruin your body.” Oh—.

“Yes…” That isn’t too bad… I mean—it is still terrible, but I doubt I’ll do anything physically demanding… especially in a body like this. 

Dr Halcation turned his attention to his computer and typed something in… “I’ll give you a doctor’s notice and some ending statements for your appointment, but be careful and come back here if something hurts majorly Teseia.” Dr Halcation says as he gave me a group of papers.

“Okay…” I uttered before looking through the papers. “Err—if you do issue any therapy, could I get any schedule on when it starts, and the times?” 

“I’ll inform you on anything if I can get you some help. Otherwise; if not, your body should be fine, but don’t do anything rash.” Dr Halcation said.


Haah… I opened the door back home and took off my shoes and book bag. Afterwards, I went to the kitchen,

“Ah—,” someone unexpected was there… Cecelia. 

Well—I wasn’t home yet, so seeing her here should be unexpected. She had some things laid out on the table from what I could see quickly - flour and packaged fish.

“I—I… didn’t mean anything…” Cecelia uttered… seeing her back away slowly was depressing.

“I—err…” Why was it so awkward… “I’ll tell you when food is ready Cecelia.” I forced myself to say something to advance our situation.

“… yes—Alicia…” Huh—! Did she—?

… she’s slick… running away like that… “Well—I guess now to cooking.” I looked at what Cecelia left on the table as she fled—, “Ah…” She left her phone here. 

Haha~, well, I suppose I should return it. I picked it up and—, “Huh…?” There was a recipe in her phone. “Let’s see—can I make this work...” On Cecelia’s phone was a recipe for breaded fish. Everything on the table made sense as I thought of breaded fish - flour, fish, and oil being what was currently out.

I went off to get my apron before coming back to the kitchen. “Let’s get cooking!” 

Nothing eventual eventful occurred. My skill in cooking was good enough that I doubt anything would go wrong. The end result was dinner with breaded fish, rice, and a side of ramen. With this all, I decided on one thing…

I went up to get Cecelia. Usually I ate first and reheated everything fresh for her afterwards, but this time I wanted her to eat first. I had no knowledge on her, but maybe - just maybe - Cecelia really enjoyed fish cuisine. I knocked on her door lightly, “Dinner is ready.” 

Nothing came through, but I knew she would be out of her room within a minute. 

“… I hope Cecelia changes her image of Alicia.” I uttered before leaving.

34