Chapter 11
477 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“This marks the start of the Mathematics Exam everyone. Please do your best; do not cheat yourself.” Noela said as she started a timer on the screen board. It ticked down from three hours - well, 2 hours and 59 minutes.

I focused everything to my paper and pen. “Teseia Alicia.” I uttered my name whilst writing to make sure no stupid mistakes like forgetting my name occurs before starting the exam.

I was fairly confident in my academic abilities. I knew I was a studious person - and I especially knew that led to me being boring to the masses -, so I wasn't terribly worried in my exams. Math was something that I knew I could ace, as long as I didn't get too ahead of myself or overthink it. 

After around an hour, I finished my exam. I went over to spend a bit checking over my answers, before going through again. Being satisfied with my answers - which should all be correct -, I took a deep breath... I was done. There were others that finished before me; no surprise as I did triple check my answers.

I checked the timer up on the board which read 1 hour and 37 minutes. With the test packet in hand, I handed Noela my paper silently. "Thank you Teseia. Come back at 13:00 for the Language Exam." Noela said to me quietly.

I gave a silent nod and left the classroom for lunch. This time, I wouldn't laze around; I needed to make sure I came for the language exam proper. Our exam started on 08:30, and I finished at around 10:00, so I had plenty of time to get something to eat and come back. I went to get something from our school cafeteria to eat, "... Two hours..." I uttered as I finished eating my lunch in the empty cafeteria. 

I still had 2 hours left in my break before the next exam. With nothing else to do I headed to my personal domain - the music room. I had a lot of time left, so I wouldn't be late to my exams. Arriving here it was - as expected - empty. I took out one of the available spare violins and started with practice. On my own, I tried to tune my violin, before practicing on some sheets Noela left out for me in the room. Simply there was nothing more peaceful than musical performance in the present. 

I went on with sheets after sheets, repeating such sheets again. My finger movement felt natural and smooth; almost like how drawing first was. I was sure the natural forgotten memory this body held playing instruments came to my fast improvement and enjoyment. 

"Teseia..." Eh—, "Apologizes for scaring you." Noela? Why did she seem so serious? "Is it okay if I ask you something Teseia?" Why—err...

How did Noela know I was here? "Ye—yes." I didn't even hear her come in. Seeing her as she was, I was worried... I—what did I do?

Noela let out a small sigh as she took out a piece of paper in her—eh? "I don't want to scare you, or accuse you of anything; especially since I know you are an excellent student in general, but..." On the paper was my name, and a 100. She—wait, "Your score is incredible—too much so as the exams - to my disappointment - are designed to be almost impossible to score 100 for normal students, much less one that partook in no study sessions." 

... Well—I wasn't a normal student... Noela knew me, and knew my accident a little bit, so she knew I wasn't normal - perse -, but I doubt she meant normal in extraordinary.

I know for a fact last year that I topped the score chart. I almost got 100's on everything, but language was the only thing I failed to get 100 on. I know for sure, last year no one questioned me on my score, yet—here I was being questioned. I found it unfair—but... Then again, what were Alicia's actual scores before me? I never knew how Alicia was other than her actions and hobbies.

"I—I know." I uttered. "I claim that I did not cheat." I told her... though let's ignore the fact that I was the genius prodigy of the Waltsia, am Alicia in all but body.

Noela let out a large audible sigh again, "I won't question you further Teseia; you're a wonderful student. You can do this." Ah—Noela...

"Thank you..." Hearing such encouragement—it was slightly embarrassing to hear it from an instructor.

Noela turned around, "I'll see for the Language Exam, good luck Teseia." She told me as she left the music room.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

The two days of exams went by quickly - for me at least. I didn't feel much stress taking the exams. Language was a little troublesome, but it wasn't as difficult as I anticipated - especially compared to what all the first years had to do for their language exam last year. Science and history were both similarly easy. I enjoyed both subjects and did intensive research and studying on them before; so, my understanding of both subjects were excellent. 

Though... Thinking back, I remembered the look Noela gave me as I finished the History Exam. "... Noela gave me a dirty look as I turned in my last exam..." I remember our last conversation in the music room; she had high expectations for me. I was sure I matched her expectations.

With me being done, I headed back home to end the day. We would be having a 4 day break - 2 off days with the 2 day break. The off days were mostly for the instructors to grade exams and do all the grading and data input of it.

As I entered the train back home, I wondered to myself... "What to do in those days?"

I pondered that question to myself until I arrived home. I changed out of my uniform, and laid in bed, looking up...

"I... I'm done..." I survived the first Exam Period. I still had three more Exams left, but... It was a significant mark. "... To think I was going to switch classes..." I thought back to my first few days; I was anxious for all these new things. Thing's I've never done, "I would never have imagined I could be an artist and musician before." 

I got off my bed and went to my desk to write. I felt like this day was an achievement; and thinking to myself made me want to write my emotions down.

Lunar Year 933, First Half, Day 152-2

I was finally done with exams!!! This marked the 50th day, as well as the changes I've had as me. To think I would ever be able to be a musician or an artist. I accepted early on in my life that I would never be able to be anything else other than my fate as a Waltsia.

Now came my four three-day break. I as of now didn't know what I was going to do, but I had plans to simply go and enjoy myself for a bit. 

Finishing writing that bit, I thought to myself... "... Everything's still the same..." Even this many days in as Alicia; my life as her hasn't changed... Besides new hobbies for myself, nothing major changed about my way of living. "It's peaceful." I uttered as I let go of my pencil. "I hope I can be someone's joy."

... I miss them all... I wish I had some more social interactions...

21