4 : Company Man
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Il-sung was contacted by the stockbroker, informing him that the trade and investment account has been transferred to him, they also gave him the sales pitch for their in-house fund focusing on developing economies, Il-sung ended the call assuring them he would look into it.

Il-sung sat down at his desk to monitor live market data and after reviewing news and various data points, he performed a long and complicated series of mental calculations, zeroing in on several trades that had a high chance of success in a short span.

Since his 'father' was ok if he leveraged the holdings and assets in his account for trading, he set up several large and medium trades, some were short sells, and some were derivative futures that speculated a certain direction for assets. But this time he used the entire 2 billion won which included cash and assets he had for leverage.

It was evening by the time he finished. *That should generate enough money to get my place*

~~

Ilarion was enjoying being good at something other than waging war. In his homeworld of Farvin, he had to fight tooth and nail for preserving the existence of his kingdom, Mistveil, which United all the sentient and intelligent races.

The hate and violence of the humans of his world led him to unite the Elves, Beastmen, Orcs and the people of the Demon race to form a Kingdom where they could live in harmony and where they could protect each other.

But the Angels intervened, granting the humans various powers and leading them on the quest for the annihilation of all non-human races.

The bloody war continued waging for several years, as Monarch of the Kingdom, he was the strongest and most powerful in Mistveil, through the course of the war, using an ancient scroll that was given to him by the elders of his demon race, he accumulated magic from the mana and souls of his fallen brethren, not letting their deaths be in vain.

Through the immense power he gathered, he wanted to put an end to the long battle that brought despair and death to his people, by banishing the Angels from the realm and building an impregnable wall that guarded and separated Mistveil from the rest of the continent.

But his hope came to crumble. The archangel Ramiel descended on Mistveil with his Angels, using his power of foresight acted before Ilarion could use his power. Slaughtering the women, children, and elderly who couldn't fight sealed Him and his forces in a dimension prison to die.

Ilarion sustained his forces using the mana he accumulated, as sustenance. They were waiting for their deaths, as they had no power to break the barrier. But the dimension barrier weakened for some reason, preparing his troops, Ilarion used ancient magic to dematerialize his body in exchange for magic and mana. He broke the weakened barrier and used his magic to teleport to a world in a distant time dimension to acquire a physical body and acquire magic and mana if possible.

The world he teleported to was Earth. He was enraged and wanted to return to his home, and annihilate the Angels and Humans that slaughtered all the races. But Earth looked like a welcome respite, and indeed it proved to be.

The world was largely at peace, unironically due to the invention of unfathomable weapons of war, called
nukes. No magic he could think of was as destructive and powerful as these nukes, and they don't even need to use them to sustain the peace. Just their mere possession by nations kept the world from tearing itself apart.

This feat was engineered by the humans of this world with the power of science, which was the result of careful observation, refined analysis of nature, and testing its limits through the millennia.

Though he knew the war would continue when he returned to his world. He couldn't help but be sad when thinking he would have to leave this world at some point.

As Ilarion poured over the memories of Il-sung, it was apparent that the concept of beings such as Elves, Orcs, and Demons was present, but was relegated to the realm of fantasy and fiction. But the presence of Angels and The supreme being called God was codified into books as religion. Though there were no records of such beings, which modern science would ascribe being rigorous enough.

Half of the human population had some belief in these holy books, while the other half consider it no more than fiction.

Though he didn't travel to the other nations of this planet, he didn't sense any mana or magic when he awakened in the body of Il-sung and after searching for any reported differences in the nations, he concluded that this world was completely devoid of mana and magic.

Regarding Angels, he concluded that they have abandoned earth, as it no longer required their protection, possibly due to the extermination of other sentient races, who were now just a mere fixture in the realm of fiction.

As he pondered over the events that led to, and that took place after he teleported here, he wished for peace when he inevitably returns to his world. He felt tired.

Sleep overtook him as he closed his eyes.

~~

The day after the next Il-sung gave his final high school exam

Over the next 10 days, Il-sung perused through various topics and learned everything he could about it. Nuclear Physics, Astronomy, chemical engineering, genetic engineering, and biotechnology.

Not even operation and repair & service manuals were spared.

If it was a physical book at the library, it was flicked so fast that if he did it any faster the pages would tear themselves apart. If it was a digital book, the victim of the assault was the computer mouse. He had to buy 5 computer mice, as he kept wrecking the scroll wheel and buttons.

The fruits of the past 10 days, weren't just knowledge and technical know-how from the library speedrun. It was also the day his trade positions were squared off, Il-sung was sure enough that he didn't check if he was in a good position or not for the past 10 days, he was confident in his calculations.

He opened the trading application to check on the profit he made. His total holdings now stood north of 3 billion won. Il-sung smiled.

Though he wanted to get a place of his own, he decided to do it after he forms his own company.

He decided that to this end, he would request the help of his 'father'.

He decided to visit his father's company.

*Though I have memories of his office, they were pretty old ones, when his father's company was just being set up, and before he remarried*

Il-sung sat in the back of his car, driven by his chauffeur. He looked out of the window as book shops and department stores and the Library appeared and disappeared from his view.

He arrived at the company building in a little over 30 minutes. He was now at the heart of Gangnam-gu.

~~

Son Kang's company name, Silver Coast, helped domestic and international companies recruit engineers and personnel. The company specializes in identifying talented, and creative people who might not be well suited for Korea's rigorous and ultra-competitive job market, but who could perform well in jobs that had a decreased pressure environment, with better timings, and which rewarded creativity and inventiveness.

It was a fairly successful midsize company, though it was human-resource intensive, and not what one would consider the most ideal type for profitability, it carved its niche, with multinational companies, which recruit with the help of Silvercoast. The amazing potential and passion of the people these companies hired led them to promote these individuals to large positions overseeing product R&D, market analysis, etc. The success of these individuals they recruited made the companies contract with Silvercoast, for their recruitment of talented individuals.

~~

Son Kang was going through candidate reports before they need to be sent to the companies when he heard a knock on his door.

"come in."

When he saw Il-sung, he was delighted that his son came to his office, he wanted to ask his son to visit the office, but seeing as his son was now learning a variety of topics and was busy with books, meant he didn't get the chance.

"I didn't expect you, what a nice surprise!!" Kang said delightedly.

After getting the pleasantries over with and drinking the coffee that one of the assistants brought in.

Il-sung started explaining that he wanted to set up his own company, that focused on electronics. Kang was surprised and before he could object to it, Il-sung showed him the roughly 540 million won he now has in holdings, the surprise and questions Kang had, only grew.

"If you could, I would like an office here, where I can work on product designs and such"

Seeing that his son was serious and that he was seeking his help, Kang decided to offer his son an entire floor, which he previously bought, for when he wanted to expand further and hire more managers.

"You'll most probably burn through all the investment money if you're not extremely careful. Are you sure? What about attending University?" Kang asked, knowing it was pointless.

"With everything I learned so far, I don't think going to university would do me any good except waste money and time. I have all the knowledge and skill necessary for this. I also understand that I may burn through all of the money. I'll be careful "

After seeing the determined look on his son's face, he couldn't object to it. Though he was now sure that his son is extremely intelligent, a moment ago he was still on the fence, but hearing his son, he decided he should help his son.

"Good, now that the caution is out of the way, I would like to offer you the entire floor above us, I bought it so I could use it for expansion when I hired more managers. It's empty now and I don't see an immediate need for it. What do you say?"

"I'll accept it with gratitude" Il-sung politely bowed his head.

"You can take the keycard at the front desk. I'll also get the paperwork necessary for registration and trademark. Do you have a name in mind?" Kang was curious.

"Yes, 'Black Matter' "

"Haha, that name might ratch on. I'll have the registration and everything done as soon as possible. When would you like to get set.."

"Tomorrow" Il-sung answered before Kang completed.

"Look who's rearing to go" Kang lightly punched his son's shoulder, smiling.

Il-sung didn't dislike it.

They headed home together and had dinner, Jung-waste with them too, she kept glaring at Il-sung, but he paid no mind. The dinner wasn't unpleasant.

After retiring to his room, Il-sung ordered Computers, workbenches, and a large supply of circuit components and processors. He bought it with the portion of the money he liquidated for this.

The next day Il-sung headed to the office before his father and collected the keycard. He started cleaning the entire floor, dusting, sweeping, and wiping down the windows and doors. He placed the two office desks that were left in a corner, in the largest room. With his superhuman speed and strength, all of it hardly took 10 minutes.

Within an hour, he received all the supplies he ordered yesterday. He arranged it neatly, placing the computers on the two desks, he placed the workbench and chair in the corner of the room. The large chest containing circuit components like circuit boards, batteries, capacitors, inductors, and single-board computers was placed beside the workbench, though the large room looked a bit cramped, it left the entire floor and remaining rooms wide open and empty.

The ideas he had for utilizing the space were endless, he finally decided to erect a protective barrier later, around the open floor to test the things he planned to make.

He thought of keeping the rooms empty, for if he needed to hire people. He quickly discarded the thought, deeming it silly.

*I'll go stretch my legs and relax at the cafe I saw today morning*

It was now late in the morning, he came down the elevator and exited the building, and headed towards a cafe he saw while en route to the office.

He received a message.

"Had to pull some strings, but I had the registration completed. Black Matter™ inc. is now in business"  It was from his father.

Il-sung grinned, getting it done in under a day was nothing short of a miracle, with all the bureaucracy and red tape. *Son Kang isn't the CEO of the company for nothing.*

He arrived at the cafe, ordered a cappuccino, and sat down. This beverage was splendid, he took an instant liking to it, ever since he tasted it when Eun made it.

As Il-sung laid back and sipped his cappuccino, putting his mind to rest.

Like the humans around him, he too was blissfully unaware of the event that was coming to brew.

~~

END OF CHAPTER 4

1