9 : Crafting A Magical Glock 19
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ilsung woke up early in the morning, after taking a bath, he headed to the farm. Entering the warehouse, he turned on the lights.

*I should make a projectile weapon, something similar to a gun. If I had access to a handgun, I would've tried enchanting a gun, since I don't, I should try making one.*

He picked up a rectangular block of 4150 Carbon Steel and loaded it into the CNC drilling machine, and went to the automation room.

*9mm would be about right*

He set the dimensions and selected the 9mm drill bit. He centered the drill bit and started the machine. After the block was drilled, he put the block into a flatbed lathe and operated it until it resembled the barrel of a gun.

He went back to the computer and downloaded a fully functioning 3D model of a Glock 19. He disassembled the model and customized it by adjusting the dimensions of the parts, removing some unnecessary parts, and adding a few extra ones. He put a nylon polymer block in the CNC mill and used the 3D model to shape the frame, a few magazines, and other small parts.

He then loaded another rectangular 4150 steel block into the CNC mill and made the slide for the gun. He picked two springs from the parts cabinet, one for the recoil spring and one for the magazine.

He projected an inscription on the barrel and forced mana into it. Mana could now flow in the barrel, he projected another inscription on the barrel and cast tier 5 Accelerate and placed it on the inside, and oriented it toward the front. He then cast minor accelerate and place it on the outside of the barrel and oriented it toward the back. The barrel was now ready.

He assembled the parts, and the gun looked like a Glock 19, only there was no trigger or trigger assembly. He wanted to use mana as the trigger, as such the complexity of the trigger and trigger assembly was eliminated, thereby simplifying the production.

For bullets. He planned to use 9mm steel bearing balls. He placed a box full of steel balls on the table and projected an inscription and induced mana in the Steel balls. He then projected another inscription and cast a sensing magic which he modified to detect impact, he then cast a large explosion magic and linked it to the sensing magic. Having to cast explosion magic on such a large number of steel spheres consumed most of his mana.

He loaded the steel balls into the magazines, which he modified for use with steel spheres.

He cast an inscription on the gun, and as it rotated, it absorbed mana from Ilsung and forced it into the gun. A mana flow was established as the parts of the gun became more conducive to mana flow, it also increased the durability of the parts.

*Now that the Gun can conduct mana, I can trigger the Accelerate magic on the gun barrel.*

He loaded a magazine into the gun and headed behind the warehouse. He walked deep into the farm until he reached a small hill.

*This would be perfect for testing.*

He pulled the slide back. A steel sphere was loaded into the chamber. There was no trigger, instead, he pushed mana into the gun which traversed through the gun and into the barrel, it activated the high-tier Accelerate magic on the barrel, which accelerated the steel sphere out of the barrel at extreme speed. As the Steel sphere left the barrel, the minor Accelerate magic was activated, which pushed the slide back. The slide was then pushed forward by the recoil spring, loading another steel sphere into the chamber.

The steel sphere was much faster than any bullet. In an instant, it hit a large boulder on the hill. The impact-sensing magic was triggered, which then activated the large explosion magic. A powerful explosion was triggered, which blew the boulder into chunks. The part of the boulder where the Steel sphere hit was completely pulverized and turned into dust.

*It's indeed quite decent, even by the standards of Farvin.*

*Though it's powerful, it takes a lot of mana to make this, it's nearly impossible for anyone else to make it at this point since nobody in this world would even come close to having my level of mana reserves.*

Ilsung's mana was being filled at a rapid pace. Recently he was using quite a bit of mana, sometimes to the point of total exhaustion. This constant use and replenishment of mana helped to increase the mana compatibility of his body. As his mana was gradually replenished, his mana capacity grew, which was now nearly double the amount he had when he took the test yesterday.

Though his mana's being quickly replenished, it wasn't enough to make another mana-powered gun. He didn't want to wait around, he planned to make several Enchanted Staves.

He returned to the warehouse. In the materials section, he chose 5 Oakwood poles. He brought them to the table saw and cut them to a height of 7 and a half feet. He sanded them until they had a smooth and even surface, he then applied linseed oil, which made the patterns in the wood highly visible and gave the wood a nice dark finish. He left the staves on the table, for the oil to be absorbed fully.

He put a high-carbon steel sheet and a small cylindrical mold into the metal stamping machine. Ten cylindrical cups were made. He then heat-treated them.

He put the cylindrical carbon steel cups on either end of the wooden staff.  *This is going to be a snug fit.*  He hammered the end caps into place. After fitting all the staves with endcaps, he engraved grooves along the length of the wooden staff and lightly roughed the surface of the staff for better grip.

After he recovered enough mana, he placed the Wooden staves on the ground and projected an inscription. The pulsing mana from the inscription triggered the flow of mana. He then projected an enchantment Inscription and cast high-tier impact magic. This almost drained his mana once again.

He now had a decent variety of weapons, for a range of scenarios.

If I want to make and sell weapons, I can't be making each one of them from scratch, it's fine for a small number, but if I want to make a lot of them, I should finalize a proper design and have it manufactured by a company. I could then just enchant them instead of wasting my time machining them by myself.

It was already past noon, and he wasn't feeling hungry. He called the house and informed Eun that he was at the farm and won't be returning for lunch.

He switched on the AC in the computer room, leaned back in his chair, and dozed off. After a 2 hour nap, he woke up and stretched his body. His mana reserve was now almost full.

He decided to cast conjure on two daggers, the Mana Gun and one Quarterstaff.

After expending mana again, the conjure magic was successfully cast onto the weapons. He didn't cast conjure on the remaining daggers and Quarterstaves as he was planning to sell them.

He wanted to fully recover his mana, so he decided to do something else and sat in front of the computer.

He searched the internet for various specialty contract manufacturing companies. After reading reviews and customer testimonials of these companies, he narrowed it down to a company located in the Ulsan industrial district, which was one of the largest industrial hubs in Korea.

He sent an inquiry email stating his intention. He attached a 3D model of the dagger, along with the dimensions, the required precision and hardness, and the material to be used for each part of the dagger.

He knew it would take some time for them to reach back.

His mana reserve was now full.

*I should create a teleport inscription here for easy access.*

Ilsung dragged a 5 square ft wood panel board into the computer room and placed it in a corner, he grabbed a carving chisel from the tool cabinet and began to carve an inscription on the board. The inscription was very complex, it took 40 minutes to finish carving it. Complex geometric symbols, hieroglyphs, and numbers could be seen in the inscription.

*Damn, carving an inscription is so time-consuming, but I'm finally done.*

*The highest tier of teleport I can cast with this body is tier 5, but I'm not sure if my mana would be enough to cast it. I could cast a tier 4 teleport, but I'm not sure if it would work if I'm inside a dungeon.*

*Let's see if my mana's enough*

Ilsung stood on the board and projected an inscription, which hovered above the board, it was the same inscription he carved onto the wooden board. He rotated the inscription until the symbols and hieroglyphs matched the one on the board, after which the inscriptions merged. Mana flowed at a rapid rate from his body into the inscription, which was now glowing magenta, getting brighter and brighter.

*My mana should barely be enough*

Just before Ilsung was fully drained of his mana, the inscription finished absorbing and the inscription now glowed white before fading into the wooden board.

*Thankfully, My mana was enough, if not I would have had to repeat this exhausting process.*

*Alright, that's all of the tasks I wanted to finish before going to the academy.*

Ilsung put the 6 daggers along with the Mana Gun, Magazines, and a box full of steel ball ammo inside the locker in the computer room. He set the Quarterstaves down on the ground. After leaving a spare door key inside the locker, he closed the blinds and locked the computer room.

After returning home, he had a bath and went down for dinner, he was very hungry and he couldn't wait to stuff his mouth with some delicious food. Dinner was a big hot bowl of Pho. After having a second bowl of Pho, his hunger was fully satiated.

Before going to his room, he bid farewell to Eun and reminded her to pack the cookies he requested. He went to Son Kang's room, informing him of his departure tomorrow.

~~

 

END OF CHAPTER 9

0