Chapter 1: Confession
1.9k 25 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This chapter is probably gonna be the longest it gets. Hopefully. It was originally supposed to short chapters about a yandere and boy, but idk now. Updates will be super random. And lastly, it's not always gonna be third person. Sometimes might be first person and it'll switch between characters POV quite a bit.

 

Love is something that has been around for centuries- maybe even Eons. Over the years, this joyful and exciting emotion has changed. The love of someone from primitive times is different from the love of someone from the modern world. In the end, love is still love, no matter what form it takes. But, not everyone's love is the same.

--------

The wind blew strongly as Kanade, waited on the rooftop. She couldn't help but feel excited as she waited for the one she loved to come up those flights of stairs and open the door that divides the two and appear in front of her.

Other than the sound of the wind, the rooftop was silent. Well, about 99.9% silent. You could hear the yelling of the students from below, calling on their friends. Again, it wasn't very loud so all you need to do is half-ignore it and the sound is gone. Either way, those voices ended quickly as everyone left.

She takes a deep breath, sucking in the fresh air. Ah~ I can't wait~

Her heart was pounding so fast, it was like she'd just ran a whole marathon. Her head was also pounding along with her heart. To her, it felt like it was louder than the blowing wind. 

She grabs a hold of her school uniform, making the piece of clothing crumple a little, and takes a long deep breath. She was nervous. Like really really nervous right now.

Just preparing herself for the confession took a couple of days. She'd rehearsed over and over again, many times over, but when it came to the real deal those days were gone in an instant.

The sound of footsteps climbing up the stairs derails her from her thoughts, nervousness and excitement, making her turn to the door with a huge grin on her face. 

The sound of those steps, the rhythm, and well, anything else detectable- it can only be one person. Yes, it was him. Her one-and-only.

The door slowly opens as if it was in slow motion. 

And behind the door- just by the sight of him- just as the boy appeared from behind the door, she felt a great swarm of happiness consume her. 

Igarashi-kun!!

He walks toward her, and with each step, the happier and happier she would get. Is it even possible to be this happy just from someone coming close to you?

He now stops about a couple of feet in front of her, but, the urge to embrace him- to touch him is already engulfing her. She was practically panting at this point. She's been waiting for this day for so long. 

"So, why did you call me up here?" Her beloved said, holding up the pink letter closed by a pink heart sticker she'd put in his locker this morning. She made an effort to make sure she was the first person in the school(other than the teachers) just to make sure the letter got inside the locker safely(and so he wouldn't see her put it in). Well, another reason she came early today was because she couldn't sit around and relax while still holding onto the letter. She was just too eager to give it to him.

Countless scenarios played in her head of how he would come up the stairs, how he would react when seeing it, how she would give it and more. She probably spent about a whole hour just thinking of them.

The letter took about 2-3 days to write. It was almost like she was sending the letter to a publishing house and had to make sure it was the best of the best. She revised it countless times, edited it many times over and made many different drafts. But in the end, she didn't think they were good enough. Right now, her garbage bin in her room is probably filled to the brim with paper.

Her first draft was poem-like, the next was a little plain; saying she's been liking him for a while and stuff. Anyways, skipping about another 10-ish draft, her second last one was a little... 'extreme'...

For him, only the best of the best was allowed. A simple letter was no good. But, her letter might have been a little too simple. It wasn't her fault though. If she gave him her best one(the second last one), he would probably just not come.

Although Kanade was crazy, she wasn't dumb. She was a human no matter how to look at it. She can think like a human(when it doesn't involve her beloved).

She took a deep breath before looking at him. His short brown hair, those light green eyes along with his handsome face always seems to captivate her(and calm her down).

He looked like he kind of had an idea as to why he was called up here, but still asked anyway. He could always be misunderstanding. 

"I... I love you." She says, finally letting her raging feelings(A sample of her raging feelings) out, making her feel a little relaxed. Not a hint of that nervous feeling she had a couple of minutes ago remained. She somehow manages to stop herself from continuously saying 'I love you', like a million times. 

"Huh?" 

"I love you. Be my boyfriend or else-" She gets the box cutter behind her hand ready, bringing the blade up the safety guard with a couple of pushes.

"Sure. I love you too. Please go out with me!" He says, bluntly. 'I love you.'- The words she's been wanting to hear all this time echoed in her ears at least 100 times.

"Huh...?" She didn't expect this. Her face turns bright red.

"Please you go out with me, Aiba-san." Now those words ring in her ear. Especially her name. He knows my name!!! She yells in her head. But, it's only normal for him to know her name. After all, they are in the same class.

His eyes stare directly into hers.

"Um, O-okay..."  'Okay' was all her mouth allowed her to say. Ahhh!!!!! She screams in her head. She did not expect this at all! What?!!! How could I have not noticed! I never knew he loved me!! I'm soo happy!! My beloved Daisuke!! I love you!!! For whatever reason, she was almost... embarrassed to say anything more. It really too unexpected. Who would have thought? Who would have thought the person she loved, loved her back. Never in her wildest dreams would she think it would play out like this. 

She brings the blade down. It seemed she didn't need it at all. 

No more. Absolutely no. She couldn't anymore. Just... no. She couldn't hold back her grin nor her happiness. 

No one could express her happiness right now. Not even herself. It's a completely different feeling than when she was just watching him from afar. It felt like the distance between them vanished. It felt like flowers around them- like they were the only two that mattered in the world. Though, that was probably just her eyes and her heart cooperating as one, allowing her to see things in exchange for excessive joy.

His face now forms a smile, making her face go back to being red. In the whole time she'd been stalking- I mean, watching him she hadn't seen him smile once. Or at least not that often.

Even if she had seen his bright and beautiful smile, it felt like it was the first time. she was petrified. Not a single muscle could move, almost like she'd seen a god and that same god had shined this super bright light on her that blinded her but at the same time, kept her from moving.

That god is the boy in front of her. Igarashi Daisuke.

Oh, shoot. He probably thinks I'm weird. Blushing and grinning after seeing a smile, there is no way he wouldn't.

She covers her face with her hand.

"What's wrong?" He asked, walking towards her. He comes to a stop. "Hm? What's that?" He asks, pointing at something. She follows his eyes and it leads up to her blade. I forgot I still had this!

She instantly puts it behind her back, as if she'd been assassinating people for years and eventually grown used to fast killings or learned to hide her weapon instantly in case civilians or the police were around.

"I-it's nothing," She gives him a soft smile, hoping he would believe her. What would she even say if he didn't? 

'Well, you see, I have a blade with me, and, I was planning on threatening you with it to make sure you accept my confession.' -Is what she would have to say.

Not a great idea.

"I see." He takes his phone out and looks at the time. "Ah, Sorry, I have to go. I have something to do," Ah, it must be that. Yup, she knows exactly what he has to do right now. He's been doing this for about a week now. He has been going to local places to see if they are hiring and checking them out to see what they're like.

He turns around and takes a couple of steps away from her.

"Alright. Have fun~" She waves him off with a smile.

Maybe that wasn't the best thing on his part- to just leave after becoming a couple because he had something to do, but, she doesn't mind one bit. Who cares if he leaves. Because now, they are a full-fledged couple!

The roof is left with the same silence as it had before he came up. But this time, it felt much, much more different. There was a certain... feeling- or maybe taste to the air. For some reason, she feels very calm and relaxed right now. Well, kinda. If you exclude the raging desires inside of her and all the burning happiness, then yeah; she's perfectly fine.

A strong gust of wind blows away her long black hair, making it slap her face. She pushes it behind her ears, allowing her to see once again.

"The world really quite beautiful, isn't it. But of course, you look much much better, my dear Daisuke~ Now I can finally see this beautiful world along with you. Hehe~ I look forward to it~" She finishes, and after a couple of seconds of staring at the light blue sky, walks towards the door since it was time for her to go home.

She was already looking forward to seeing him already. Tomorrow is gonna be their first day as lovers.

If possible she would love to see him right now, but, she'll just have to be a good girl and wait till tomorrow. 

----------

When someone falls in love, they change- and experience all these different emotions. And of course, all these other things but whatever. 

From afar, one can probably tell she loves him. Quite a bit actually.

I love, I love, I love you, Igarashi-kun~ She hums, opening the door and exiting the roof.

But, maybe she loves him a little... too much?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Afterword~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[About 8 hours ago]

Daisuke just made it to school and was about to open to the locker to change into his indoor shoes. But, to his surprise, atop his shoes rested a pink letter. Another one? There's been at least one every day lately. 

Well, maybe not that much of a surprise. It really has been happening every day.

He picks the letter up, looking at who sent it, already feeling bad for the girl(or whatever gender they belong to).

Who was it last time? Jinja-san? Ah, right. I remember. She had short black hair.

Even though he'll just reject them either way, he makes an effort to always read the letters. After all, the girl(pretty much always is a girl) put so much time and effort into it. It would be a waste to just throw it out. 

Plus, he's a little grateful for receiving these letters. It shows that he's not hated. But, that makes it feel even worse when he rejects them.

He looks around to see if anyone was looking and opened up the letter, leaning against the column of lockers. 

'Igarashi-san, please meet me on the rooftop after school' Is what was written on the middle of the paper. At the bottom right corner of the paper, it had her name. 'Aiba Kanade', it read.

When he looks over the name on the letter, his eyebrows arc upwards, surprised. It was someone he knew quite well. It was his classmate. 

This letter... Aiba-san? He thought, surprised, shocked and confused.

The truth is... he's been kinda interested in her recently. It wasn't really being interested in her, but... something more. He started to have thoughts of wanting to be together with her and similar things popped up in his head from time to time. They've not talked many times, but she seems to be really kind. She was also perfectly his type. But of course, personality was above all when it came to him.

The strangest thing is that he doesn't know pretty much anything about her, but he is still quite fond of her. At first, he put the thought away, thinking it was just because he was at 'that' period in his life or maybe his inexperience with love that was bothering him. But, with every passing day, his feelings grew stronger and stronger. At this point, he couldn't figure out if he was just a little interested in her or if it was anything more than that.

Now that he closely inspects the letter, there are a lot of eraser marks. She really worked hard to make it. He thought, softly smiling at the piece of paper.

All of a sudden, he notices something around the letter. It was pretty much filled with it. 

It wasn't very apparent, but under the light, it was a little easier to see. 

He could vaguely make out the words even then, but it looked like it was saying 'I love you'. It wasn't just in one spot. It was on literally every side of the paper. Every part of the paper could fit the characters.

He lets out a short giggle at her 'mistake' that's not really a mistake per se. In a way, he found it a little cute, but at the same time funny that she filled the paper up with her feelings. By, funny, he wasn't mocking her of course.

He softly smiles as he looks at the paper.

Right then and there, he feels a surge of happiness and warmth slowly spread and sprout throughout his body. 

Now, he had to tell her how he really feels. No matter what. Because now, without a doubt in his mind(and heart), he loves her.

 

Thanks for reading!

39